• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shingrix Vaccine

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Strangely, my insurance did not cover it at all at pharmacies, but
covered 100% at medical offices, only I couldn't find a doc with it.
So, about $400 at a CVS pharmacy, but $0 at a CVS Minute Clinic.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
As I said earlier, I had a huge headache the day after the second dose of shingle vaccine. Yesterday I had the chills and today I noticed a rash on my legs. It is an odd rash that I can't feel on top of my skin. I think it is under my skin if that makes any sense. It doesn't itch but kind of stings or tingles when I get it wet. I wonder if it is the shingles, lol. I just read shingles are side effect of the shingles vaccine. I had the second shot 6 days ago.

Bill

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
As I said earlier, I had a huge headache the day after the second dose of shingle vaccine. Yesterday I had the chills and today I noticed a rash on my legs. It is an odd rash that I can't feel on top of my skin. I think it is under my skin if that makes any sense. It doesn't itch but kind of stings or tingles when I get it wet. I wonder if it is the shingles, lol. I just read shingles are side effect of the shingles vaccine. I had the second shot 6 days ago.

Bill

Stings or Tingles does sound like the way shingles reacts, but getting it only when wet makes no sense from my experience. For me it was a bit like getting electrical shocks. It is like the nerve ending go a bit haywire.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Stings or Tingles does sound like the way shingles reacts, but getting it only when wet makes no sense from my experience. For me it was a bit like getting electrical shocks. It is like the nerve ending go a bit haywire.

I might go in but since it doesn't hurt maybe its just a mild rash on my legs, idk. Its kind of odd though, imo.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort

Bill
I would go see the doctor. If it is shingles your can get an anti viral drug to help diminish the length and severity of shingles. It works best taking it as soon as you get it. When I got the original shingles shot the following week my other half got shingles. He was given the medicine and it didn’t get worse.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Saw the Doctor this morning. She says its a reaction to shingles shot and not the shingles. She ordered some type of steroid that I can use if it gets worse. Good to have as we leave to tomorrow for a few weeks.

Bill

Panina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Saw the Doctor this morning. She says its a reaction to shingles shot and not the shingles. She ordered some type of steroid that I can use if it gets worse. Good to have as we leave to tomorrow for a few weeks.

Bill
That is good news. You can go away and enjoy instead of worrying.