• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Vistana RCI?

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello All,
I need some help. We had an Timeshare that went belly up 2 years ago and we enjoyed having it as an RCI points property for when we were traveling without an II option. Surprisingly, we actually used it a lot. My understanding is that our Sheraton Vistana Resort can be deposited into RCI, but I have no idea how to do that. i really don’t want to call either without knowing the basics. (I’ve lost all faith in one phone call resulting in answers from any company ). Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Is your Sheraton Vistana Resort a resale voluntary week or is it in VSN. Also possible you owned it from before Starwood came along and it was brought into SVN/VSN? If it is in VSN, I think your only option is to use II or StarOptions. If it is not in VSN, then you can deposit it with RCI. You would simply need to call RCI to setup an account or perhaps reactivate the one you have from your prior property.

KACTravels

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is your Sheraton Vistana Resort a resale voluntary week or is it in VSN
Thanks for the quick reply. We did buy our SVR one directly from the Starwood a long time ago (2009! ). The owners guide does say that it can be put into RCI and we already have an existing account. I am curious to know whether we can put it in the points system with RCI or if it has to be the week’s program. We don’t really want to do that, I guess I’ll have to give him a call thank you for your advice.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Thanks for the quick reply. We did buy our SVR one directly from the Starwood a long time ago (2009! ). The owners guide does say that it can be put into RCI and we already have an existing account. I am curious to know whether we can put it in the points system with RCI or if it has to be the week’s program. We don’t really want to do that, I guess I’ll have to give him a call thank you for your advice.
If the week isn't already RCI points, then there won't be a way to make it RCI points as I am pretty sure they no longer do RCI point conversions there. Every once and a while I will see an RCI Points Vistana Resort week on Ebay, but they seem pretty rare. If you are wanting to use RCI points, I am afraid you won't have that option and will have to trade in weeks/TPU.

Since it would seem your week was bought directly from Vistana in 2009, I suspect it came with StarOptions. I have heard that if in VSN, your only option is to trade through II. Though I may be wrong on that.

sfwilshire

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains

I converted by Vistana Fountains and Vistana Spas weeks to RCI Points several years ago for very reasonable prices compared to what other resorts were charging. I recently pulled the Spas week back out of Points because Weeks were working better for me.

Sheila

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Thanks again. Yes, it is in VSN, we’ve been using the StarOptions since 2009.
Interval/star options is better than RCI. I’d save the Fees you’ll pay with RCI and keep it with II and the VSN