• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 29 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Come check it out for a chance to win a Free TUG membership (or renewal) just for helping out!

Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! 60,000+ subscribers! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Hacienda Del Mar??

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Will be there mid March...would appreciate any tips..have been to Dreams and Playa Grande. Renting a car...did hear they might offer an all inclusive option and wonder if it would be worth it...would never go AI in PV but might consider again in Cabo.

kathyj0205

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have been going to the Hacienda del Mar for the past 5 years - it's become like a vacation home to us. It is on the corridor, so you will probably want a car, and driving is fairly easy in Cabo. We always rent from dominic - it's easy and reliable(domosanlucas@prodigy.net.mx). I don't know that there is and AI at the HdM. We like the restaurants in Cabo and in San Jose, so usually only eat at the resort 1 or 2 evenings. Happy hour goes on all day long at one place or another - the schedule is on the weekly flyer that's available at the front desk. The pools are lovely, and we usually spend at least 2 or 3 days at the beach- not too many people, and I take a nap to the sound of the surf.

I know I've barely scratched the surface, but if you have more specific questions I'll be glad to help. We leave for HdM on Saturday - I can't wait!!

beach_bumz

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We too are big HDM fans. Can't say enough great things about the resort except I wish it were closer to town.

Don't know about AI but if you email them, I bet they'll get back to you with details.

We always rent a car for day trips, nights out to dinner and quick runs to the store.

We own at Playa Grande (used to own at Solmar) and prefer HDM to PG.

As KathyJed said, the beach is never crowded and when you walk out toward the ocean, you'll be greeted by a beach attendant who will get you a lounger and umbrella.

KathyJed - enjoy your trip!!! I'm going for 5 weeks this summer and don't know how I'm going to manage waiting til June..the anticipation is killing me:)

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks...any restaurant recommendations in Cabo or San Jose? We do try to visit Gordo Lele for good cheap tacos but would love recommendations for good restaurants in either of the cabos. Loved Playa Grande...any suggestions on how to get a well located nice unit? We have a 1 Br reserved.

joe-holiday

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hacienda Del Mar Restaurants

We will also be going in March(spring break)
This will be our 2nd time as we are new owners(bought from a Tugger)
This is a great place if you like Peace and Quiet as the beach is Huge and secluded from any other properties.
The restaurants are good but not cheap. There is Girasoles and Tomates which are decent and then there is Pitahayas wich is very expensive but I hear is an Excellent restaurant *****
If you like night life and want to go downtown,rent a car.
For us,we dont do a thing. Just lay on the beach,jump in 1 of the many pools,read books,listen to tunes,order drinks during happy hour and recharge. I guess that alot...
Have FUN
Joe

Linda74

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all of the great info. My third trip to Cabo. Wanted to try PBSB but let daughter and her husband go there last year so can't exchange there for a while. We are PV fans but find Cabo is really growing on us. I am sure this will be a lovely resort and do plan to try all of the restaurants. Pitayhayas can't be more expensive than NYC restaurants. I have been reading on Trip Advisor that the Sheraton offers an all inclusive option. I am not sure of the cost or if it is offered to timeshare guests. Might be nice to do for a few days since the resort food is supposed to be good. Will mid March be spring break?