• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Desert Oasis - why 1BR Premium in II almost all Sunday's?

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm looking for an II exchange in October 2021. The smaller portion of the lockout (LK- Limited Kitchen in II) seems to be available just about every checkin day (Fri, Sat, Sun). However the premium lockout (K - (full) kitchen) 90%+ of the time only is available for Sunday checkins. I've seen a few non-Sunday's when I look at other periods. But definitely rare.

I was wondering if there's some underlying reason for this. I can understand why most of the deposits are probably the lockout portion, with owners staying in the larger unit. But I don't get why that isn't uniform across all the checkin days.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Jeff

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Owners preferentially take Saturday check-ins, so I'm not surprised those are less available. Then they try to even out housekeeping by depositing the less-desired check-in dates into II. Although I'm surprised Sunday is more available than Friday.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Assuming it is bulk deposit, it is very likely that Fridays and Saturdays were deposited but they got matched with ongoing requests as well as you might be late to the game, i.e. you did not catch the inventory when they first became available.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Both units show up in II as 1BR, sleep 4 privately. There's no way I see in II to specify the Premium (full kitchen) 1BR vs the standard (limited) kitchen unit. Unless an ongoing 1BR II search automatically grabs the premium unit, I don't see how they would get matched with ongoing searches. I do know my II unit(s) are strong enough traders to see the premium 1BR's, so I don't think it's a trading power issue. My only option seems to be to do a realtime search, and then select the full kitchen unit, if one appears.

SDO also deposits in RCI (which I have access to). Similar situation there: no full kitchen units during my timeframe, whereas I do see ones other months. And I think it's similar that the full kitchen units are more limited to certain checkin days, compared to the limited kitchen units.

Jeff

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Both units show up in II as 1BR, sleep 4 privately. There's no way I see in II to specify the Premium (full kitchen) 1BR vs the standard (limited) kitchen unit. Unless an ongoing 1BR II search automatically grabs the premium unit, I don't see how they would get matched with ongoing searches. I do know my II unit(s) are strong enough traders to see the premium 1BR's, so I don't think it's a trading power issue. My only option seems to be to do a realtime search, and then select the full kitchen unit, if one appears.

SDO also deposits in RCI (which I have access to). Similar situation there: no full kitchen units during my timeframe, whereas I do see ones other months. And I think it's similar that the full kitchen units are more limited to certain checkin days, compared to the limited kitchen units.

Jeff
The question I have is how long has the inventory been sitting in II? Early bird catches the worm.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
Update and question:

- I ended up finding a 1BR premium unit on RCI. Con is wasn't my desired week (ended up being later than I wanted). But Pro was that I was able to use RCI for the exchange, which for me, I don't think as good quality units as II (so I saved my II week for a hopefully better future exchange).

Question - for a much preference as an exchanger can get, are there specific buildings/floors that are worth asking for? I haven't read any TUG (or TripAdvisor) reviews yet, to see if there are any recommendations in them. I don't have plans for the week yet, so I don't know whether a room:
- closer to the pool
- closer to parking
- has a view (if any do)
is preferable.

Thanks is advance for any suggestions.

Jeff