• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sheraton Buganvilias Room Question

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We were told that our RCI one bedroom exchange will be in #1769 with a balcony. I have been assuming we will have a Jr. Suite, which I understood do not have balconies. Do any of you Sheraton owners know where #1769 is and if it does, indeed, have a balcony. The gentleman said it was a Jr. Suite. We are checking in on Saturday, but I am curious.
Thanks.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are here. Our Junior Suite #1769 in Building D does have a balcony. There are just a few of them with balconies and we are happy to have one. We can’t do a vacation next to the ocean without a balcony. We are at the Lobby end of Building D with a view of the vacant lot, the city and the ocean. Beautiful sunset tonight. For a lower category of room, I think we scored.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
We are here. Our Junior Suite #1769 in Building D does have a balcony. There are just a few of them with balconies and we are happy to have one. We can’t do a vacation next to the ocean without a balcony. We are at the Lobby end of Building D with a view of the vacant lot, the city and the ocean. Beautiful sunset tonight. For a lower category of room, I think we scored.

Glad you got that! :) We prefer balconies too! I was not sure if the units ended in 67, 68, or 69 when you asked me. Are there 3 units on the end? I knew that 66 was the last number in the Tower and 79 & 80 are the two-bedroom ones on the end of building D. I'll make a note of that on my unit numbers sheet.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Could you share the unit # sheet? Happy to help update it, of course.

Thanks

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Pittle,
There are two rooms in a special little hallway/alcove by themselves on the far east end of Tower D. They are 1767 and 1768. Our room 1769 is in the main hallway first room west of the elevators. We dined with a couple in 1779 and they said it is a two bedroom ocean front on the west side of Tower D. They own that room. BTW, I do not see a 1766 at all.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Hi Pittle,
There are two rooms in a special little hallway/alcove by themselves on the far east end of Tower D. They are 1767 and 1768. Our room 1769 is in the main hallway first room west of the elevators. We dined with a couple in 1779 and they said it is a two bedroom ocean front on the west side of Tower D. They own that room. BTW, I do not see a 1766 at all.

1766 is in the tall white tower - it is part of an Imperial Suite that is basically two 1-bedroom units, so you might not see the actual number. Good to know about the 69 location - Thanks. We stayed in 1379 our last week there December 1-7, 2019. We loved it - oceanfront and shade! Hubs has to stay out of the sun when he can. We have stayed in 1280 and 1380 a lot using bonus weeks - I like them too, but more sun.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Could you share the unit # sheet? Happy to help update it, of course.

Thanks

Buganvilias Building Numbers

11xx is the 1st floor and 20xx (10th floor) 25xx (15th floor.)

Building A - the Tower xx47-66 ocean view – faces pool and ocean

Building B xx87-92 low building ocean front

Building C
xx81-86 facing toward pool and ocean view on higher levels - balconies and mostly 2 bedroom units

Building D xx67-80 windows facing toward town and ocean - only 67, 69, 79, 80 have balconies. 67 & 69 are 1-bedroom units and 79 & 80 are 2-bedroom units. The majority of the units in this building are Junior Suites - 1-bedroom/1 bath. A few up on the 5th or 6th floor were converted to 3 bedroom units (combined 2 of the Jr Suites). There are a couple of 2-bedroom units too - I saw a model once.

Last edited:

KarenLK

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi..I am currently at Buganvilias and will be here for another 3 weeks...we should try to meet up...

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Karen, We are vegging by the pool now. We have to leave on Friday, but this is our third week in town.

Phyliss, we were told that 1767 and 1768 have been combined to make a theee bedroom unit. 1767 is a lock off smaller room with no balcony. 1768 has a wrap around balcony. So does that mean that xx69 is the only one bedroom with a balcony in Tower D? Our floor plan is different than the typical Jr. Suite. The bedroom is off to the left of the living room and we were told it is larger.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Hi Karen, We are vegging by the pool now. We have to leave on Friday, but this is our third week in town.

Phyliss, we were told that 1767 and 1768 have been combined to make a theee bedroom unit. 1767 is a lock off smaller room with no balcony. 1768 has a wrap around balcony. So does that mean that xx69 is the only one bedroom with a balcony in Tower D? Our floor plan is different than the typical Jr. Suite. The bedroom is off to the left of the living room and we were told it is larger.

Sounds like it is a nice unit. I have not checked those in a while. It is good to know about the 67-68 - thanks! Our first 2 units were Junior Suites on the first floor of Buidling C and they had a different layout too. We did not have a patio like all of the 2-bedroom ones did. It looked out at the restaurant bar area by the pool. The bedroom was also to the left of the living room and the bathroom was not connected to the bedroom. We generally went at a different time than our contract weeks and were in D building. Several times we had 3 Junior Suites when we had friends and family with us - they were great to put these side by side. :) everyone had privacy but close enough to hang out together.

Last edited:

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pittle: Revision to 1767 and 1768 info. It seems the unit that was converted to a three bedroom is on the 9 or 10 floor. I think the guy we talked to was unsure of things. The man staying in 1768 next to us said his is a one bedroom and it has the big window/no balcony. The one next to that is 1767 and the maid said it is a one bedroom similar in layout to ours. so your information about xx67 and xx69 being the one bedrooms with balconíes is correct (except for the revision on one floor).

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Buganvilias Building Numbers

11xx is the 1st floor and 20xx (10th floor) 25xx (15th floor.)

Building A - the Tower xx47-66 ocean view – faces pool and ocean

Building B xx87-92 low building ocean front

Building C
xx81-86 facing toward pool and ocean view on higher levels - balconies and mostly 2 bedroom units

Building D xx67-80 windows facing toward town and ocean - only 67, 69, 79, 80 have balconies. 67 & 69 are 1-bedroom units and 79 & 80 are 2-bedroom units. The majority of the units in this building are Junior Suites - 1-bedroom/1 bath. A few up on the 5th or 6th floor were converted to 3 bedroom units (combined 2 of the Jr Suites). There are a couple of 2-bedroom units too - I saw a model once.

I am so glad for this thread, and another in the Mexico forum about PV resorts.
I made an RCI exchange for a 2Bdrm (6 person) unit in December.
Looking at the Buganvilias site, I think we'll get a Master Suite type.
We'll have 5 adults. Will it be snug? My son will have to sleep on sofa bed.
There was a 1 bdrm unit also available the same week, and I am tempted to reserve that one too.
If I did, is it likely we could get the 1 bdrm and 2 bdrm in the same building?
I'm thinking the 2 bdrm at least would have a balcony.

Also on another topic, are there resort fees?
I didn't see specific $ amounts in the fine print on RCI, just the mandatory 3% state tax and that some "fees are charged for some amenities".
I chose this resort based on location and no stated resort fees (unlike Vidanta which charges exorbitant resort fees IMO).

I'm looking forward to visiting PV and exploring the usual tourist spots.
Thanks.

rpennisi

Reaction score
There is a WiFi fee, $5 per device per day waived for owners. We “own” a Buganvilea studio EOY. I deposit it into RCI and then, adding TPs, trade in for a one bedroom suite, and they waive the WiFi fees.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I am so glad for this thread, and another in the Mexico forum about PV resorts.
I made an RCI exchange for a 2Bdrm (6 person) unit in December.
Looking at the Buganvilias site, I think we'll get a Master Suite type.
We'll have 5 adults. Will it be snug? My son will have to sleep on sofa bed.
There was a 1 bdrm unit also available the same week, and I am tempted to reserve that one too.
If I did, is it likely we could get the 1 bdrm and 2 bdrm in the same building?
I'm thinking the 2 bdrm at least would have a balcony.

Also on another topic, are there resort fees?
I didn't see specific $ amounts in the fine print on RCI, just the mandatory 3% state tax and that some "fees are charged for some amenities".
I chose this resort based on location and no stated resort fees (unlike Vidanta which charges exorbitant resort fees IMO).

I'm looking forward to visiting PV and exploring the usual tourist spots.
Thanks.
The sofa bed is basically a twin bed with bolster pillows on the back - but, it is in the living room. :( If you go to bed late or get up early, and he does not, that could be an issue. The 1 bedroom units are either in the Tower or Building D. (There is one on each floor in building B.) If you did snag a 1-bedroom, one couple (or your son) could stay in that and your son could stay with you in the 2-bedroom. The resort is not a mega resort like Vidanta, so even if they were in a different building, it would not be far. I do not think there are any other charges other than the WIFI for exchangers and the room tax - about $3 per day (we get charged for that as owners too). Last year we did get something from SFX about a $75 charge, but it did not show up on our bill at the resort.

Look at my pictures by clicking on the link below. my signature. There is one 2-bedroom as Buganvilias 2018 and a 1-bedroom as Buganvilias 2010. This would give you an idea of what you would get.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks much rpennesi and Phyllis. Phyllis, your pictures were very helpful.
I;m staying with what I have for now, waiting to see if another couple is interested in coming.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Do any of you owners have a map? I am going to the sales office to ask for one
Go down to the Lobby and ask to see Alejandro in the office. He is very helpful and probably has a map.

rpennisi

Reaction score
Go down to the Lobby
The new lobby building is very impressive. They have done a fine job replacing the older one.
The one bedroom suite we had still has what Phyllis has aptly named, Flintstone furniture lol. However, while the furniture and doors, tub with hight step over remain the same, they have made improvements since we were there two years ago. The lighting is much brighter, new switch plates, better thermostats and quieter fans for AC, decent sized fridge.
No start yet to the rumored pool by the sea wall. I will be sorry to see that as we like that area for lounging.

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
I did not come up with Flintstone furniture - one of the salesmen called it that in an elevator once and I cracked up as it is an appropriate description and I have used it since. :)

SciTchr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do any of you owners have a map? I am going to the sales office to ask for one
What kind of map do you want, Karen? I have a general property map.

I’m sorry we did not meet. We had an illness issue with my husband, so we were kind of off our normal way of doing things. Home now.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
What kind of map do you want, Karen? I have a general property map.

I’m sorry we did not meet. We had an illness issue with my husband, so we were kind of off our normal way of doing things. Home now.
I'd be interested in seeing a property map with the buildings. I've seen a high level one only on Google maps.

Thanks