• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

sheraton broadway old phase vs. palmetto

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just purchased 2bd non-lockoff sheraton broadway platinum resale of course. I purchased the old phase (weeks for plat. are 9-43, 47).

My questions is can old phase owners reserve units in the palmetto phase bldgs?

Also what are the bldg numbers for the palmetto vs. old phase?

What kind of results have you guys had with trading 2bd plat. through II??

Thanks all for your reply.

LisaRex

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Used to own: WKORV-N; SVV - Bella
Congratulations on your purchase. You can only book the section you bought during the 12-8 month owner's priority period. Otherwise it would be an SVN trade, which you can't do since you bought resale.

I think one of the properties in Florida has an internal priority among other owners wanting to trade within different phases of the same complex, but I don't believe SBP has that.

Of course, you must share the details of your purchase. Did you get a good deal?

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your purchase. You can only book the section you bought during the 12-8 month owner's priority period. Otherwise it would be an SVN trade, which you can't do since you bought resale.

I think one of the properties in Florida has an internal priority among other owners wanting to trade within different phases of the same complex, but I don't believe SBP has that.

Of course, you must share the details of your purchase. Did you get a good deal?

I payed $2800 incl. closing. I probably could have done a little better if I bought from ebay but still not fully comfortable with purchasing via ebay yet. I think I did pretty good. I bought mostly to visit the resort and maybe once in a while I will trade or rent it out.

So even if the palmetto has availability you wouldn't be able to get one of their units? I guess starwood treats it almost like a separate/sub resort? What are the "extra" amenities or features of palmetto???

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
SBP looks like a really good trader. When I do test trades in II it pulls better than my deposited WKV spring week. You should do well with it. I really like that area and the location. I don't need to be on the beach all the time to have a good beach vacation.

Since you have a 2BR non-lockoff, Palmetto doesn't have that size. So you couldn't get there even when they assign rooms the day before. The higher number buildings are the Palmetto phase. On the map http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showpost.php?p=585186&postcount=1, Building 26 is Palmetto. I'm not sure about building 18.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
What kind of results have you guys had with trading 2bd plat. through II??

Do you know about the 3 day priority that all Starwood resorts have for other Starwood resorts with II online exchanges? You can even exchange into the most popular Starwood resorts with SBP using this priority. Recently, owners have exchanged into Hawaii and Lagunamar using this priority. Most availability is during the off-season, because Starwood does dulk space banking. These sightings are usually posted on the TUG Sightings Board below the Lounge Board.

For complete info. see the "Exchanging Starwood With II" article in the Owner Resources sticky under the heading "Exchanging."

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you know about the 3 day priority that all Starwood resorts have for other Starwood resorts with II online exchanges? You can even exchange into the most popular Starwood resorts with SBP using this priority. Recently, owners have exchanged into Hawaii and Lagunamar using this priority. Most availability is during the off-season, because Starwood does dulk space banking. These sightings are usually posted on the TUG Sightings Board below the Lounge Board.

For complete info. see the "Exchanging Starwood With II" article in the Owner Resources sticky under the heading "Exchanging."

Thanks Denise. I did know about the 3 day priority. I was wondering if you can get some of the popular resorts during prime season(summer) with SBP?

I'm not sure if you can b/c I assumed that most starwood owners are exchanging via star options rather than depositing with II?

And when they do deposit, since starwood controls what location and what season they deposit thru II, I guess that most of these deposits are usually off-season? What incentive does starwood have to deposit prime weeks with II, is this correct?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Thanks Denise. I did know about the 3 day priority. I was wondering if you can get some of the popular resorts during prime season(summer) with SBP?

I'm not sure if you can b/c I assumed that most starwood owners are exchanging via star options rather than depositing with II?

And when they do deposit, since starwood controls what location and what season they deposit thru II, I guess that most of these deposits are usually off-season? What incentive does starwood have to deposit prime weeks with II, is this correct?

Starwood choose the vast majority of weeks deposited and does bulk space banking off-season. That being said, Starwood deposited spring break weeks from Lagunamar this year and some Tuggers got Easter week. However, I wouldn't expect that to be the norm. During the summer season you will usually see bulk space banking from resorts that are miserably hot then - like SDO and WKV.

If you go to the Sightings Board on TUG and search for Starwood resorts that you are interested in by name, you can see when Starwood has made bulk deposits in the past.

Joshadelic

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that nobody has said yet that these were bad purchases, but when I mentioned the exact same property and then put the word requalify after it all of a sudden SBP was not a good property to own. Weird.

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
It's interesting that nobody has said yet that these were bad purchases, but when I mentioned the exact same property and then put the word requalify after it all of a sudden SBP was not a good property to own. Weird.

What do you mean?

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR

It just depends on what you want to do. Requalling SBP is less desirable because it doesn't have as many SO as you could get from buying a comparable property at WMH. If you want to trade, SBP seems to trade better in II than one would initially think -- it's a Sheraton and not a Westin, the location isn't on the beach -- but it seems to trade really well. If you want to requal, getting a property that will result in at least 148,100 makes more sense. In other words, all 2 bedrooms aren't created equal.

bogeygolf

TUG Member
Reaction score

Oh I see what you meant now. I read your thread on your goal to get 3*.

Josh, everyone buys for different reasons. I bought SBP to enjoy a wonderful time with my family every year at Myrtle beach. I have no real desire to be part of the SVN program and I'm not looking to requalify. I might trade once in a while via II but not just to get into other starwood property b/c of the 3 day window.

Thus I don't see any reason why anyone here on this thread would say that this is a bad purchase. On your thread and what your trying to do, perhaps!

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Buying to exchange with II and buying to requalify are two completely different objectives.

When you are buying to requalify you are looking for Max. Staroptions.

When you are looking for a II exchanger (or a home resort that you want to use every year) Staroptions don't matter - you are just looking for the lowest price/MF.

So a good II exchanger is not the best requalifier (not enough Staroptions), and a good requalifier is not usually the best II exchanger (too expensive to be a cheap trader.)

Last edited: