• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shenanigans at Bonnet Creek - Anybody need a room?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Anyone who doesn't think something fishy isn't going on at Bonnet Creek, check out availability now. Around 2:00 this afternoon, all kinds of rooms got released. Would you like a 4 BR Presidential for next week, how about 3?

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Must have been Wyndham - as no self-respecting VIP would forfeit that many points..... and as there is NO bad weather anywhere, it is not a release by a group who could not travel.

spackler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Quarter House, Jean Lafitte House, Bali Hai
Most of September & October still look pretty filled up.

markb53

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Panama City Beach
Worldmark
Anyone who doesn't think something fishy isn't going on at Bonnet Creek, check out availability now. Around 2:00 this afternoon, all kinds of rooms got released. Would you like a 4 BR Presidential for next week, how about 3?

I Believe I read they were renovating one of the towers. Maybe they got them completed early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I Believe I read they were renovating one of the towers. Maybe they got them completed early.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

The renovation will be finished before thanksgiving. It will not start till after labour day.

Shelbyd95

Reaction score
Shenanigans for sure...I am still on vacation so I am not going to take 2 much time now explaining the bs from the past week...essentially, they run a report each day that tells them a % of available rooms that they have but DO NOT RELEASE back to the owners system...the availability you may be seeing now is supposedly no shows (48 hr. Releade)
I can tell you for a fact that when we checked in on Saturday 8/1 at 9pm there were 2 bedrooms available but since owners reservations was not open, they would not give us our VIP upgrade on the spot...we could however call extra vacations to upgrade for a fee...how convenient...there's more but like I said...I am still on vacation.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Shenanigans for sure...I am still on vacation so I am not going to take 2 much time now explaining the bs from the past week...essentially, they run a report each day that tells them a % of available rooms that they have but DO NOT RELEASE back to the owners system...the availability you may be seeing now is supposedly no shows (48 hr. Releade)
I can tell you for a fact that when we checked in on Saturday 8/1 at 9pm there were 2 bedrooms available but since owners reservations was not open, they would not give us our VIP upgrade on the spot...we could however call extra vacations to upgrade for a fee...how convenient...there's more but like I said...I am still on vacation.

No shows are not released back. The reservation system is open till 11:45 est time every night. There were no 2 bedroom deluxe other room sizes available on 8/1 for check in that night using wyndham points.

Shelbyd95

Reaction score
No shows are not released back. The reservation system is open till 11:45 est time every night. There were no 2 bedroom deluxe other room sizes available on 8/1 for check in that night using wyndham points.

A follow up on your points:
1. The "parking pass" person told us that no shows are released back into the system after 48 hours. In fact, she spoke of the "sudden" availability around the 4th of July. She told us by the beginning of the week there would be availability and sure enough, Tuesday morning 8/4 there was availability. She also told us that if we went to the owners update that she wouldn't be surprised if some "magic" happened and we would get an upgrade.
2. The VIP call center is only open until 6pm on Saturday and talking 2 a live person was the only way the front desk at BC would do the VIP upgrade. There was no availability online...only when checking in. Technically there was availability online for 8/1 but not until 8/4..when I did a search on 8/4, past dates, including 8/1 showed up green...how convenient!

Last edited:

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. Do no believe what they tell you. That is not the case at all.

2. Wyndham was keeping all rooms that were cancelled from then till August 22. That explains how a lot of rooms were returned today. If the room is not available online it is not available to Wyndham owners.

A follow up on your points:
1. The "parking pass" person told us that no shows are released back into the system after 48 hours. In fact, she spoke of the "sudden" availability around the 4th of July. She told us by the beginning of the week there would be availability and sure enough, Tuesday morning 8/4 there was availability. She also told us that if we went to the owners update that she wouldn't be surprised if some "magic" happened and we would get an upgrade.
2. The VIP call center is only open until 6pm on Saturday and talking 2 a live person was the only way the front desk at BC would do the VIP upgrade. There was no availability online...only when checking in. Technically there was availability online for 8/1 but not until 8/4..when I did a search on 8/4, past dates, including 8/1 showed up green...how convenient!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
1. Do no believe what they tell you. That is not the case at all.

2. Wyndham was keeping all rooms that were cancelled from then till August 22. That explains how a lot of rooms were returned today. If the room is not available online it is not available to Wyndham owners.

I wonder if they did it to hold off an onslaught of cancel-rebooks when they announced the changes. But if so, why only BC?

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
The "parking pass" person
This person's only job is body-snatching for tours. That's it. They are nearly the lowest people on the sales totem pole, and have zero information about how anything actually works. I'm sure they think they do, but they don't.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if they did it to hold off an onslaught of cancel-rebooks when they announced the changes. But if so, why only BC?

Rooms were not coming back before the announcement. Not sure why the announcement would encourage a lot of cancel-rebooks.

A lot of inventory in early August never came back at any time. Not sure why or what happened to that inventory.

Shelbyd95

Reaction score
This person's only job is body-snatching for tours. That's it. They are nearly the lowest people on the sales totem pole, and have zero information about how anything actually works. I'm sure they think they do, but they don't.

Only gave her comment merit because as I was searching for reservations for this trip (contemplated checking in on 7/31) I saw the availability for the 4th of July. Then her comment about availability showing back up in the system at the beginning of the week also happened. In addition, I recall seeing something on the reservation confirmation about no shows being cancelled.

Shelbyd95

Reaction score
That does not mean they go back into availability.

All I know is that since 2007, I have gone to BC the same time every year and have never had a problem getting a discounted reservation and upgrade. The only time I had to plan way in advance was for our 2006 reservation when we needed a 3 bedroom and of course all availability was limited because the resort was not complete. It appears that you have knowledge of the reservation cycle so please enlighten me so I can plan better.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rooms were not coming back before the announcement. Not sure why the announcement would encourage a lot of cancel-rebooks.

A lot of inventory in early August never came back at any time. Not sure why or what happened to that inventory.

Me either. Just reaching for any logical reason.....

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
All I know is that since 2007, I have gone to BC the same time every year and have never had a problem getting a discounted reservation and upgrade. The only time I had to plan way in advance was for our 2006 reservation when we needed a 3 bedroom and of course all availability was limited because the resort was not complete. It appears that you have knowledge of the reservation cycle so please enlighten me so I can plan better.

I only have knowledge of projected demand and when inventory starts to disappear and eventually if Wyndham re releases it. No secrets.