• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell West Club 5,000 annual points

Status
Not open for further replies.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
First use year begins July 2016 with 4430 points.
Each year afterward will award 5000 points.
2016 Dues are $1266.00

Membership comes with:
2 housekeeping tokens
Gold Interval membership
12 month booking window to all Shell West Club resorts
9 month booking window to all other Shell properties

Giving this away. You just need to pay the $225. Shell transfer fee. If you'd like to use a closing company, you will pay their fee as well, but closing company is not necessary.

Please post all questions in this thread.

Last edited by a moderator:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
The West Club properties with the 12 month booking window include:

Whispering Woods, Welches, OR

The Donatello, San Francisco, CA
Suites at Fisherman's Wharf, San Francisco, CA
In at the Opera, San Francisco, CA
Vino Bello, Napa, CA
Peacock Suites, Anaheim, CA
In at the Park, San Diego, CA

Desert Rose Resort, Las Vegas, NV

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score
Question: Does the Shell ownership allow access to Wyndham and Worldmark properties when transferred? Thanks.
Love this network by the way. Great location, service and units.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Question: Does the Shell ownership allow access to Wyndham and Worldmark properties when transferred? Thanks.
Love this network by the way. Great location, service and units.

No, it does not. The only way to get points that will work for all 3 systems is to buy from the developer.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had great exchanges in II. I have had the following exchanges:

Four Seasons Aviara (x2) 1 bedroom for 3500 Shell points
and 2 bedroom during Flextime for 1750 Shell points

Marriott's Newport Coast Villas 2 bedroom on Flex for 1750 Shell points

Club Intrawest Palm Desert 2 bedroom for 3500 Shell points

The Ridge Tahoe 2 bedroom 4th of July week for 4500 Shell points (had to cancel, but it was matched in my ongoing search)

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
My sibling collection ... nickname the "TS mooching crew" ... really like the Shell resorts. Been no problem getting great reservations .. have 2 units at the Inn at the Park next month. Last March I had 3 units at the Legacy Resort for Spring Training....they ALL showed up during that 10 day "themed Spring Training party".

I hate baseball ... but they bribe me with food and drink.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are the Hawaii resorts in the club that can booked 9 months out:

Kaui:

Kaui Coast Resort at The Beachboy

Oahu:

Waikiki Marina Resort

Big Island:

Paniolo Greens
Holua Resort At Mauna Loa Village
Kona Coast Resort

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
When is the "use year"? I own Hawaii right now and my use year begins 6/1.

The use year is July 1. You would not be able to combine a Hawaii contract with a West Club contract, but you could transfer points between the 2 accounts.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here are some more Shell Resorts available for booking at the 9 month window.

Canada
Mountainside Lodge in Whistler
Carriage Ridge Resort in Ontario
Carriage Hills Resort in Ontario

Mexico
PLAZA PELICANOS GRAND BEACH RESORT in Puerto Vallarta

Wisconsin
Little Sweeden in Fish Creek

rocksteadyserg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe
With this can one book a few days/weekends spread out through the year or does one need to book a whole week/7 days. I am thinking about shell vacations due to the San Francisco and Anaheim locations but would only want to do weekends spread out. I own a week in summer and the ridge tahoe which I am happy with but would like some weekends in SF. I am in the learning stages of Shell.

Thanks

vacationhopeful

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes ... you can do both SHORT stays and LONG stays ... being under 7 days or longer than 7 days. Right now I have 2 3 night stays booked at one resort ... for myself and my sister plus 4.

And I have booked in a prior year 8 nights with one booking/reservation in another Shell resort. Plus, for that stay, I had multiple units ... 2 Shell reservations and 1 Wyndham reservation ... I got the front desk to put all 3 units in 1 building ... 2 even being next door to each other. ;)

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
With this can one book a few days/weekends spread out through the year or does one need to book a whole week/7 days. I am thinking about shell vacations due to the San Francisco and Anaheim locations but would only want to do weekends spread out. I own a week in summer and the ridge tahoe which I am happy with but would like some weekends in SF. I am in the learning stages of Shell.

You can book as little as one night at a time. If you book months ahead of time, you'll need to use the 2 housekeeping tokens that come with it. When those are gone, you pay for housekeeping when you check out. If you are booking during summer or holidays, you'll want to use this approach.

If you book during any of the specials, such as paying cash at a deeply discounted rate within 2 weeks of check in, you do not need to use a housekeeping token, nor pay for the housekeeping. For an example, I just looked at booking Anaheim for one night on March 17th. If I use points, it needs 300 points valued at around .25/each. If I use Dash Away Deals (the cash special), the 300 points is .15/each. The one night cost goes from $75 to $45 if I pay with cash instead of points.

rocksteadyserg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe
What does this usually go for? pay for housekeeping when you check out.

Plus how hard is it to get into San Fran under dash away deals?

I live 90 min. east of SF so I think this program would work for weekends. I am very thankful for your feed back.

Also can you share this and book for friends and family? If so is there a gift cert. that gets added/xtra charge?

Last edited:

rocksteadyserg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe

I live 90 min. east of SF so I think this program would work for weekends. I am very thankful for your feed back.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
The problem with weekends is they are more points than weekdays. I believe they are as much as 3X points. Which is not terrible in Anaheim because a 1 bedroom for a full week in prime summer is 2,550 points.

A two-bedroom is 3,900 points at Peacock.

A full week at Donatello in summer is 5,150 points, and a Fri-Sat stay is 2,300 (1,150 per night), Thursday and Sunday are 750 points per night. Monday-Wednesday are 450 points per night.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score

Also can you share this and book for friends and family? If so is there a gift cert. that gets added/xtra charge?

Here's a copy/paste of the current housekeeping rates.
West

$45 Hotel/Studio

$55 one bedroom

$65 2 bedroom

$75 3 bedroom

There are 3 resorts in San Francisco and I've seen Dash Away Deals at 2 of them for weekends, but never during summer. It would be rare to see any during any high travel time.

You can book for friends/family/etc. There are no guest fees when you do that. The caveat to that is that you only have 2 free transactions per use year. If you call in and book 7 vacations at the same time, that counts as one transaction. If you call each week to make a reservation, you pay the transaction fee of $25./phone or $17./internet after the first 2 times. I don't think they charge the transaction fee for Dash Away Deals. I've never used it for myself, but I booked it for SmithOp before, and I am pretty sure he didn't have to pay anything except the rental fee.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.

I lived in Sacramento and Presley was kind enough to book stays for me at Vino Bello in Napa, I never had to pay any additional housekeeping fees. VB is a wonderful place for short getaways, there is an underground spa and lots of wine and dine locations nearby.

We have also stayed at Donatello in SF for dining and shows, there is a blues club right next door and shopping in Union Square nearby.

I would have taken this offer but we retired and moved to Orange County, we are only 20 min to Dizzyland so don't need Peacock Suites.

Sent from my iPad Mini 4 using Tapatalk

rocksteadyserg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe
Dave did you ever own at Shell Vacations as well or was your only experience through Presely? Here is my situation and please let me know if you guys think it (taking these points from Presely) would be a good fit for me. I have three kids ages 11 and twins that just turned 6. One of my twins just finished a battle with leukemia two weeks ago and has come out victorious after a 2 & half year battle.

As you can imagine this really drained my wife and I. We had planed a getaway with just my wife this weekend just for Saturday night in Sacramento as it it only 1/2 drive from where I live. As I was shopping around the best deal I could find was Holiday Inn downtown for about $150.00 I plan on getting away with out kids more often & as fellow timeshare owner I am all about best bang for my buck.

My Ridge Tahoe location to go for just one night is too far, but being a owner I can get in for $75 a night and during the swing season I can get in for $40.00 a night. My question is if I take over these points would I be able to expect the same type of benefit for the SF/Napa locations as I get with my Ridge Tahoe timeshare? Or would Worldmark be a better fit?

Last edited:

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Ridge Tahoe location to go for just one night is too far, but being a owner I can get in for $75 a night and during the swing season I can get in for $40.00 a night. My question is if I take over these points would I be able to expect the same type of benefit for the SF/Napa locations as I get with my Ridge Tahoe timeshare? Or would Worldmark be a better fit?
You would be able to do the same type of thing with either Shell or Worldmark, but there are pluses and minuses to both systems. If you want San Fran/Napa, you are better off with Shell because they have more locations in that area. However, the annual costs are lower in Worldmark. They are similar in that they both have discounted cash rates when you book within 2 weeks of arrival for short stays. The quality of Shell properties are considered higher than Worldmark, but they are both managed by Wyndham and other than fancier furnishings, I don't see much difference between the 2. Either one would fit your needs.

Bandit1123

Reaction score
Is this offer still available? My husband and I were talking about where we wouldn't mind a "forced" vacation, and we decided the Bay Area (SF) or Southern California. However, Bay Area is our ideal.

If it is still available, how often can you go to the properties listed and how long can you stay? How large is the unit? What is the home resort? Sorry for so many questions!

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is this offer still available? My husband and I were talking about where we wouldn't mind a "forced" vacation, and we decided the Bay Area (SF) or Southern California. However, Bay Area is our ideal.

If it is still available, how often can you go to the properties listed and how long can you stay? How large is the unit? What is the home resort? Sorry for so many questions!
Yes, it is still available.

There is no home resort. This if for the West Club. The locations are listed in the second post. You can go as often you want to. Once you use up all of your points, you can rent extra points from Shell if you need more. I've never seen any reference to a maximum length of stay and I don't see any information about that online, but have never looked at longer than 2 weeks.

In San Francisco, the unit sizes run from a hotel room to a 2 bedroom depending on location.

presley

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've been answering questions in PM for several days and am moving the conversation back to this thread, as I don't understand the questions and answers. Maybe another Shell owner knows something.

"Would you mind checking on the shell web site what would the price be for a deal dash for inn at the opera and peacock for a Monday or Tuesday or Wednesday. I am not asking to book them but I would like to see what the fee/price would be on those nights as this would a big reason On taking your points over. Thank you"

When I checked online, I found Inn at the Opera check in March 23 for one night would cost $22.50 + $17.50 (transaction fee since I already used my 2 free ones) = $40. In looking at this, it looks like someone could booked a night in a hotel room for $22.50 and not have to pay housekeeping on top of that. Is that correct?

Also, depending on season, it looks like a room at Peacock Suites could go as low as $7.50 per night on Dash away Deals without additional housekeeping fees. Has anyone ever booked like that? I have not. I am actually thinking about giving this to an employee if it's really possible to book that cheaply. :ponder:

rocksteadyserg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Ridge Tahoe
Another question is this due every year when the Mf's due:

Club Fee $151.50

Status
Not open for further replies.