• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell Vacation Club Signature Benefits details needed.

strocksj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am doing research on Shell Vacation Club and while Shell points are not being sold anymore due to the Wyndham purchase, I'm trying to get info for my sister who owns Shell, but doesn't really understand it.

I cannot find anything on what are EXACTLY the benefits of the Signature Levels? In reading Shell documents they refer me to a site I cannot access as I'm not a member.

Is there a PDF of the benefits? I'm sure they change by level, but what exactly ARE the Signature benefits? There are only cryptic referrals to them in the basic documentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am doing research on Shell Vacation Club and while Shell points are not being sold anymore due to the Wyndham purchase, I'm trying to get info for my sister who owns Shell, but doesn't really understand it.

I cannot find anything on what are EXACTLY the benefits of the Signature Levels? In reading Shell documents they refer me to a site I cannot access as I'm not a member.

Is there a PDF of the benefits? I'm sure they change by level, but what exactly ARE the Signature benefits? There are only cryptic referrals to them in the basic documentation.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Do you know how many points she has?

strocksj

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't.....I know the signature levels, 7K, 15K and 25k just don't know what you get with them.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't.....I know the signature levels, 7K, 15K and 25k just don't know what you get with them.

There is a good summation in the link VacayKat provided. Like she said, it ain't much. 20% on points in 30, 45 or 60 days depending on level, unit upgrade in the same time frames, and complimentary extra light cleanings midstay if she owns 25,000 points or more. The unit upgrade could come in pretty handy, but the problem with that and the discount, as in all systems, is that the unit has to be available that close to check-in to even get the benefit. The housekeeping benefit for prestige, I believe, is not a thing at the moment because Covid.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, Shell has some really, really nice resorts that your sister should start trying to enjoy since she's paying for them!!!

In addition to the credits and VIP level, many users here can give you useful advice to pass on to her if you can share whether it's in Hawaii or West club.

Or better yet, Maybe she can join TUG and do her own homework!!!

VacayKat

Reaction score
There are a couple shell places I LOVE - for e.g. we stay at Vino Bello usually upwards of 4 times a year. But I think in our years of having upgrade availability we were upgraded once. It was nice because we were in Anaheim for university tours and my kid could bring a friend because we got a second bedroom. But it was probably shoulder season and also just a long weekend. longer reservations and higher demand times I was never upgraded.

strocksj

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW, Shell has some really, really nice resorts that your sister should start trying to enjoy since she's paying for them!!!

In addition to the credits and VIP level, many users here can give you useful advice to pass on to her if you can share whether it's in Hawaii or West club.

Or better yet, Maybe she can join TUG and do her own homework!!!
I wish she would show more interest. She really won't.....She belongs to West Club, it apparently has one hawaii resort in the club.......but I don't think she gets to go to the other Hawaii resorts.....

strocksj

TUG Member
Reaction score
There are a couple shell places I LOVE - for e.g. we stay at Vino Bello usually upwards of 4 times a year. But I think in our years of having upgrade availability we were upgraded once. It was nice because we were in Anaheim for university tours and my kid could bring a friend because we got a second bedroom. But it was probably shoulder season and also just a long weekend. longer reservations and higher demand times I was never upgraded.
She owns at Vino Bella. And, when I was living in Paso Robles, we discussed maybe it made sense to xfer to me. Unfortunately, she's one of those who believes her timeshare is worth what she paid for it. She bought it thinking she could spend more time with her grand daughter, but that didn't pan out. She also bought retail without asking me........so it goes. At this point I've told her she needs to use the hell out of it. I'm trying to decide it converting to Wyndham makes sense for her. I don't know if Wyndham conversion costs anything......

VacayKat

Reaction score
She owns at Vino Bella. And, when I was living in Paso Robles, we discussed maybe it made sense to xfer to me. Unfortunately, she's one of those who believes her timeshare is worth what she paid for it. She bought it thinking she could spend more time with her grand daughter, but that didn't pan out. She also bought retail without asking me........so it goes. At this point I've told her she needs to use the hell out of it. I'm trying to decide it converting to Wyndham makes sense for her. I don't know if Wyndham conversion costs anything......
She can go to all the Hawaii resorts- just doesn’t have as long to book them.

Simple answer is - if she is not using the timeshare now, no, converting is a bad idea. More financial outlay and a heck of a lot more heart ache. Vino Bello is almost always sold out - or at least that is what sales says. It’s a good property to own, but at the same time, if you don’t use it, it is a waste.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Absolutely do not have her convert to Wyndham. That would be a mistake.

She can absolutely use her points for Kauai, Oahu and the Big Island. I would only stay at Kona Coast on the BI, Kauai only has one option, same for Oahu, just one option.

JohnPaul

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
BTW. She can’t own “at Vino Bello” as that resort came after Shell Vacations Club was started and was always part of SVC points with no deeded weeks.

Most likely that is where she made her purchase.

Ty1on

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW. She can’t own “at Vino Bello” as that resort came after Shell Vacations Club was started and was always part of SVC points with no deeded weeks.

Most likely that is where she made her purchase.
That said, she should have ARP at Vino Bello as a Weat member. What a waste to be paying those maintenance fees and not use it.