• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Shell vacation club-combining accounts, possible?

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a Shell vacation Hawaii, and am considering adding another resale.
1). If you buy another account, will Shell (Wyndham) combine the 2 accounts?
2). Which anniversary date is kept?
3). Are there fees for this?
4). Do maintainence fees get adjusted-i.e. As point package get higher, pay less/point?

I never get good information from any of the reps-hoping a Tugger knows the system better. Thanks.:hi:

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
1) Gotta buy in the same club but they do combine to one account. Don't buy West, when you own Hawaii
2) You keep your original date
3) Not sure what you are asking
4) Your fees will go down because now you have more points

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I have a Shell vacation Hawaii, and am considering adding another resale.
1). If you buy another account, will Shell (Wyndham) combine the 2 accounts?
2). Which anniversary date is kept?
3). Are there fees for this?
4). Do maintainence fees get adjusted-i.e. As point package get higher, pay less/point?

I never get good information from any of the reps-hoping a Tugger knows the system better. Thanks.:hi:

1) Yes
2) I bought 3 units all resale, at different times, and with each addition, they pushed my used year back to the latest contract in the bunch, the last one of which was December. Maybe it is different if you already own retail, Cindy?
3) You will have to pay a transfer fee to get the resale into your name as part of your closing, no other fees.
4) MF will go down.

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I did this through Ebay purchases. I had no work on my part and no extra fees. When I signed the contract, I told the seller I already owned and wanted it combined. Both were in the same club, of course.

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yes, get the same club ONLY, and I think you have to have your member number the "HIHI" one on the transfer form of the resale.

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Another question-what month is the most desired use month? Would it be January b/c that is when you pay MFs? Or earlier, such as Dec so you have advantage in booking holiday time in Hawaii?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks. Another question-what month is the most desired use month? Would it be January b/c that is when you pay MFs? Or earlier, such as Dec so you have advantage in booking holiday time in Hawaii?

To me it hasn't really mattered, I have ended up borrowing my points to the point where I won't get any more until Dec 2016. When I bought them the use month start wasn't really advertised, it was just luck of the draw. January would make the most sense I think, since that's how most systems work, but I wouldn't mind a July use year for variety's sake. All my other stuff renews in January

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank-you-Yes, I have been borrowing points, which I find preferable. Another question (of course)- I can not find a fee MF fee chart-do you have access to one?

alexadeparis

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I do not think there is one. I just know there is a base fee for the first threshold of points and then xx cents per point after that. Someone else may be able to chime in with the latest numbers.

Beefnot

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own in all three clubs (long story, please don't anyone else do this because it would be nonsensical), and I have the current fee structures for them somewhere. I will see if I can get around to posting them this weekend.

Also, note that if you purchase points packages across different use months, you can choose to align all of them to whichever of the attached use months that works best for your needs. Jan or Feb seems to be more intuitive and utilitarian.

There are two diff account numbers that every Shell owner has, either of which can be referenced. There is a 12-digit numeric overarching account number, and there is a club-specific account number beginning with AZAZ, CACA, or HIHI followed by 8 numerals.

kelm

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm thinking about giving away my Shell points. I have banked some points into Interval because they were going to expire in Shell. Will those points transfer to a new owner? Also, I am thinking of paying Redweek to take care of posting details instead of me doing it. Worth it?

kelm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Giving away Shell & II points question

I'm thinking about giving away my Shell points. I have banked some points into Interval because they were going to expire in Shell. Will those points transfer to a new owner? Also, I am thinking of paying Redweek to take care of posting details instead of me doing it. Worth it?

Edited title hoping to get a response.