• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SFX Question

tsl

TUG Member
Reaction score
I need some advice from the SFX exchanging pros b/c I have only used SFX twice in the past and had a great experience but I may have waited too long this time.

Does anyone know when SFX gets their inventory? It seems like the Fall is big push b/c that is when I always get the bonus week offers.

I have a deposit that expires early March 2007. I placed a request in Oct. for any 6 weeks in the summer at Whistler. When it didn't match, I recently added the several more requests in the Carribean, Florida, and NY. Due to kids' school schedules and work, we can only travel in peak times which I know is a tougher exchange; but all the resorts we own and that I deposit are only peak times. Soon I have to commit to summer school and camp schedules so I am going to have to cancel my summer searches soon.

Did I wait too late to begin my searches? Is it too late to match this summer? If so, the only other times I have to travel are Xmas/New Years and Jan. of 2007. Is it likely that will match since that is also very prime time and only about a 4 week interval if I have to cancel my summer search? If not, do I lose my week? I know that if I deposit another week, my current deposit is extended, but if I am limited to traveling at peak times and if I don't have much flexibility, am I compounding my problem by depositing more weeks with a smaller company? Can you pay a fee to extend the week without depositing like RCI? If so, is the power of your extended week reduced like II?

Thanks in advance!

jjking42

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV and SVV, Wyndham Canterbury, Wyndham Flagstaff
They get inventory year round. They have many sources. Do you need a 2 bedroom ? That could be part of the problem.

They just confirmed me for two weeks on the big island summer 2007.

I have also been offered some very good weeks for 2006 that I had to turn down because I cant go.

As with all exchanges be flexible and consider taking the kids out of school.

Avery

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would consider calling and asking them which areas might give you a better likelihood for a summer week. For example, would you consider Hawaii or San Francisco?

tsl

TUG Member
Reaction score
jjking42 said:
They get inventory year round. They have many sources. Do you need a 2 bedroom ? That could be part of the problem.

They just confirmed me for two weeks on the big island summer 2007.

I have also been offered some very good weeks for 2006 that I had to turn down because I cant go.

As with all exchanges be flexible and consider taking the kids out of school.

Unfortunately, kids are at that age where we can't take them out. That is why we own all prime weeks so we can travel as a family.

I added a lot of destinations, but only recently when I started to get concerned.

If nothing matches, do I lose my week?

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
In the past, when people have found themselves in your position (no matches), SFX offered to extend their eligibility, but for a price (can't remember how much).

Instead of waiting on an expanded list of destinations, why not try it the other way around? Call and ask what is currently in their inventory for the months that you can vacation and see if there is something that you would be willing to accept?

eal

TUG Review Crew: ELITE
TUG Member
Reaction score
calling

Even though SFX discourages you from calling, it is a good idea to find out the name of the person handling your search and talk with them regularly.

Whistler availability in the summer should not be that difficult, you should be able to confirm something by 4 months out, which would be mid-March.

Hang on a little longer and give Ramona (106), Liza (103), Scarlett (101) or Elena (102) a call.