• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Several days with no DVC deposits

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is the first time that I have not seen any DVC Orlando deposits for more than a couple of days. Hoping the next bulk deposit has some October 2 bedrooms. The previous bulk deposits were May-July.

Catira

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ironically, I think this question is just about as frequent as the "RCI raised the TPU required for DVC and I don't think anyone is going to pay that much!" posts.

Well, in my case I am not worried about the TPU costs. My kiddos are now 17 and 13 and the oldest has very little interest in Disney any longer. So if anything, I see maybe 1 or 2 more years of us actually going to disneyworld. We have a 2 bedroom at Vero Beach in June, then the following week at Boardwalk Villas also in a 2 bedroom. My oldest has already told me that if possible she would prefer not to go with us:bawl:

But, I am not very patient and DH and I have a conference in Orlando in October and we plan to attend Food and Wine Festival. I have an ongoing search and keep checking inventory daily.

Happy New Year to everyone!:)

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Those October deposits should be showing up soon. Most DVC bulk deposits are around 7 months out (so about 3 more months), but some appear at 10 months sometimes as well. Good luck with the ongoing search -- I have one set up for F&W as well!

I can't imagine my kids (8, 6 and 1, and the older two are total Disney fanatics) wanting to not go, but I'm sure my day is coming too.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are right at the tipping point. My 13 year old would rather go to Universal/Sea World for the better coasters. My 11 year old is on the fence, but moving in that direction. They wouldn't complain about a Disney trip, but it's not the focus for them.

MichaelColey

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Disney will ever consider a "thrill park" (a 5th Orlando park) to try to fill that gap? They have a few decent thrill rides (Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Space Mountain), but nothing on par with Universal, Six Flags, etc.

Thinking about it that way, I think my older two (6 and 8) might "outgrow" Disney even sooner than most. They're both thrill junkies. Grace (almost 52" at 6) has never met a roller coaster she didn't like. Just last week, she rode Titan (one of the ten fastest, tallest roller coasters in the world) and loved it. I'm not sure anything at Disney will compare after doing that.

In March/April we'll be heading to Southern California for a couple weeks or theme parks. I wonder which roller coaster she will like best -- California Screamin' (at Disney's California Adventure, one of my favorites of all time) or X2 (at Six Flags Magic Mountain, one of the most intentense roller coasters I've ever been on) or something at Universal?

jmatias

TUG Member
Reaction score
My kids still love going to WDW but its more about the experiences now than the ride.

Of course we still go to the parks but they really enjoy the other stuff too: miniature golf, Disneyquest, water parks, etc. And we always do at least 1 day at Universal for the thrill rides.

I do agree that WDW could use more thrill rides to keep the interest level as kids gets older.

Happy that we got our DVC trade for June before the TPUs increased :D

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Disney will ever consider a "thrill park" (a 5th Orlando park) to try to fill that gap? They have a few decent thrill rides (Rock 'n Roller Coaster, Expedition Everest, Space Mountain), but nothing on par with Universal, Six Flags, etc

It will be interesting to see what they'll do with Pandora-land. Of course, I think they could have saved the money that they gave to Cameron, by gaining the rights in lieu of a copyright infringement lawsuit (because, dude, that movie was such a remake of Pocahantas, it's not even funny.) But my kvetching aside, I think the idea is to create something that will appeal to the older kids, a la Wizarding World, and there's definitely some possibilities for some good thrill rides there.

But they're pumping heaps of money into Shanghai and the new Fantasyland right now...I doubt we'll see a 5th gate within the next decade.

AgelessTravel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO
Your never to old for Disney!

My kids are 7, 16 and 18 and they still love going to Disney for the experience, as long as we stay onsite. Although, my older two definitely prefer Universal for the thrill rides, but would still go to Disney in a heartbeat. Disney definitely needs a fifth park to fill in the gap or maybe add more thrill rides tob MGM.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder if Disney will ever consider a "thrill park" (a 5th Orlando park) to try to fill that gap?
I think the chances of a fifth gate are essentially zero. The purpose of a new gate is to extend vacations, and at least for US guests, vacations are getting shorter not longer. I can see extending the existing attraction lineup, but even there they have a fine line to walk given their guest demographics. For example, it's pretty clear that the "original" Mission:Space was a $100M bust, and turning off the centrifuge for half the ride to broaden its appeal was the only thing that salvaged it. Everest is about as far as they can go---and even that has a lot of people sitting it out.