• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seven (7) RCI Timeshares FREE: (4) Grandviews, (2) Summit @ Massanuttens, & (1) Marriott Grand Chateau.

TravelinGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elara, HGVC Boulevard, Summit at Massanutten, Grandview
I think someone will find this to be a pretty good deal. I have seven timeshares and I'm looking to give ALL of them to a single individual/reseller, for FREE. All of the 2020 and 2021 weeks/points are available.

(1) Grandview Las Vegas - annual 122,000 RCI points - 2020 MFs ~$836
(2) Grandview Las Vegas - annual 61,000 RCI points - 2020 MFs ~$418
(3) Grandview Las Vegas - odd 61,000 RCI points - 2020 MFs ~$209
(4) Grandview Las Vegas - even 61,000 RCI points - 2020 MFs ~$209
(5) Summit at Massanutten* - annual 4br-4ba-LO - weeks 1-52 - 2020 MFs ~893
(6) Summit at Massanutten* - annual 4br-4ba-LO - weeks 1-52 - 2020 MFs ~$893
(7) Marriott Grand Chateau Vegas - annual 2br-2ba LO floats 1-51 platinum - 2020 MFs ~$1,307

*NOTE: The Summit units can be converted into up to 121,000 RCI points each, each year using "Points for Deposit (PFD)" with RCI, if reserved sufficiently in advance to get a good week like week 51 or 52.

If you're an RCI user/follower, you'll notice that the above units are the best-bang-for-the-buck when it comes to RCI points. And the Marriott unit is a decent trader in the Marriott world and on Interval.

Each of the above timeshares often sell at auction for $100s to $1,000+ on eBay. I don't have the time to sell them individually on eBay myself, so I'm looking to give them all away to someone who can pay and manage all the transfer/closing costs, and reimburse me for the 2020 MFs. -- preferably someone with lots of experience buying/selling timeshares. My preference is to use a reputable transfer company to handle the transfer.

Please note that this is an all-or-nothing proposition, i.e. they aren't being given away individually, only as a group. There are no liens or loans on any of them.

Hit me up if you're interested.

P.S. Reason For "Selling": I bought the above timeshares mostly for the points, but found that I was rarely using them. So it's time to give them to someone who can make better use of them -- or wants to sell them for a profit!

Last edited:

GrayFal

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Bluegreen SVV Morritt's Seaside Former WSJx5
I would be happy to take the Marriott Grand Chateau but not the others.
Good Luck

phieulang

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sent you a message about my interest in the Grandview Las Vegas units.

Sent from my BBD100-2 using Tapatalk

TravelinGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks guys, for your interest in the individual units. Unfortunately, at this time at least, I'm only looking to sell them as a group.

SabresFan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Should your plan to sell as a group fall through, I would be interested in this one

Good luck on your current search - looks like a good deal for somebody that can afford all the maintenance fees

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am interested myself in the annual 61k or 122k in case you decide to sell give them away separately. We can deal with LT transfers that is fast and professional. Good luck.

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I would be happy to take the Marriott Grand Chateau and all the Grandview units, 5 total units, leaving you with only 2 units/weeks to give away, if you are willing to. I know this isn’t what you are looking for, but hoping it might be a good enough offer for you.

Great3

Last edited:

Great3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks again for your interest everyone. I've just heard from someone who is interested in taking all 7, so at this time at least, they are sold.

Congrats, I am glad to hear you got the “deal” you were looking for.

Great3

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
Good for you, I didn't think someone would commit to all 7 but I was wrong. It is an excellent deal ! And Congrats to you and the new owner!

TravelinGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Good for you, I didn't think someone would commit to all 7 but I was wrong. It is an excellent deal ! And Congrats to you and the new owner!

I wasn't sure either. But I've had two people now express interest, and I'm moving forward with the first one.

TravelinGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hello all,

These units are all available for free again, other than the Marriott. (Marriott exercised their right of first refusal, and buyer didn't wish to move forward after that.)

I'd still like to sell these remaining SIX units as a group, so if anyone is interested in all of them (the 4 Grandviews and the 2 Summit Massanuttens), please respond here or send me a private message. They're all still free, I'm just looking for 2020 MFs to be reimbursed, and the closing/transfer costs to be paid.

Reminder: These are some of the best (if not the best) RCI points timeshares for-the-MFs out there, and generally sell pretty well on eBay.

Thanks!

------

For quick reference, here's the list again:

*NOTE: The Summit units can be converted into up to 121,000 RCI points each, each year using "Points for Deposit (PFD)" with RCI, if reserved sufficiently in advance to get a good week like week 51 or 52. Right now, the 2020 weeks are reserved for August (weeks 33 and 34) which still give pretty good RCI points.

------

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Please explain why you’re trying to sell them all at once? If they sell so well on EBay, why not offer them there individually and be done with it? They’re nice units, but you’re asking for a lot to move them all to one owner. At some point your time has to be worth not wasting your time on things. And now that you’re in 2020, your use time for a new owner is being diminished with every day. Add in time to transfer titles, and even more time is wasted. (I’m not interested in them, just curious.)

Dave

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m not the owner but if I were I would also consider the same strategy. The Marriott grand chateau is worth something. I paid for my grand chateau (resale) and the new buyer is getting it for free. I’m curious if it will pass rofr? Does Marriott exercise rofr?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I’m not the owner but if I were I would also consider the same strategy. The Marriott grand chateau is worth something. I paid for my grand chateau (resale) and the new buyer is getting it for free. I’m curious if it will pass rofr? Does Marriott exercise rofr?
If you read the last post from the OP the Marriott is no longer available because Marriott did exercise ROFR and it is gone.

TravelinGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Please explain why you’re trying to sell them all at once? If they sell so well on EBay, why not offer them there individually and be done with it? They’re nice units, but you’re asking for a lot to move them all to one owner. At some point your time has to be worth not wasting your time on things. And now that you’re in 2020, your use time for a new owner is being diminished with every day. Add in time to transfer titles, and even more time is wasted. (I’m not interested in them, just curious.)
Dave

I may end up doing that. But for the time being, if someone here wants all of them for free, they're available.

haras

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you read the last post from the OP the Marriott is no longer available because Marriott did exercise ROFR and it is gone.
Thanks. I didn’t see that. I was wondering what would happen about the Marriott g.c. In hindsight, could the seller have gifted the buyer the Marriott g.c like a family transfer to facilitate the deal? I ask this because I have an aunt who might gift me her Hilton for free.

b2bailey

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious, when it was a free transaction, how is it presented to Marriott?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

These units are all available for free again, other than the Marriott. (Marriott exercised their right of first refusal, and buyer didn't wish to move forward after that.)

I'd still like to sell these remaining SIX units as a group, so if anyone is interested in all of them (the 4 Grandviews and the 2 Summit Massanuttens), please respond here or send me a private message. They're all still free, I'm just looking for 2020 MFs to be reimbursed, and the closing/transfer costs to be paid.

Reminder: These are some of the best (if not the best) RCI points timeshares for-the-MFs out there, and generally sell pretty well on eBay.

Thanks!

------

For quick reference, here's the list again:

*NOTE: The Summit units can be converted into up to 121,000 RCI points each, each year using "Points for Deposit (PFD)" with RCI, if reserved sufficiently in advance to get a good week like week 51 or 52. Right now, the 2020 weeks are reserved for August (weeks 33 and 34) which still give pretty good RCI points.

------

The reason why Marriott exercised on the ROFR for the Grand Chateau unit was that the Purchase and Sale Agreement was not written properly.

Had it been written such that the other six units had to be taken as part of one package then Marriott would have absolutely passed on taking it back as Marriott would not want to be saddled with product they would not market.

Last edited:

TravelinGuy

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The reason why Marriott exercised on the ROFR for the Grand Chateau unit was that the Purchase and Sale Agreement was not written properly.
Had it been written such that the other six units had to be taken as part of one package then Marriott would have absolutely passed on taking it back as Marriott would not want to be saddled with product they would not market.

We hadn't thought to try that, but it's an interesting idea. Live and learn. When I bought it on eBay pretty cheap, it passed ROFR a couple years ago pretty easily.

Heaven08

Reaction score
I may end up doing that. But for the time being, if someone here wants all of them for free, they're available.
If you decide to break them up, I'd be interested in the Grandview odd year. (3) Grandview Las Vegas - odd 61,000 RCI points - 2020 MFs ~$209

melissy123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Curious, when it was a free transaction, how is it presented to Marriott?
I don't understand either. If it is a free transaction, it is a gift and ROFR doesn't apply.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
Can someone tell me what 61k RCI points gets you?

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
I don't understand either. If it is a free transaction, it is a gift and ROFR doesn't apply.
They may have to attach a dollar amount to it. I gave mine for free but technically it was 1 dollar or it wouldn’t have been able to be sold.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
If you "sell" it for a dollar, you are selling it. If you specifically transfer it as a "gift" then it is treated differently. If it is part of a business transaction then I believe Marriott or the developer could reject it as a gift and still exercise ROFR even if listed as gift.