• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Separate bills at checkout for restaurant orders

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to travel with family to Lagunamar, 2 bdr lockoff on the same reservation. To keep things simple between MIL, her sister and us we would like the restaurant orders to be kept separate and receive 3 different bills at check out rather than one. Is this possible?

jmhpsu93

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Abound Points
MVC Grande Vista (x2)
MVC Cypress Harbour (x2)
MVC Harbour Lake (x2)
Golden Shores (Mexico)
I don't think you could do this as you indicated, but you could divide the bill at checkout and pay with three different credit cards. I do that when I travel for work and charge a personal item to my room or something.

Denise L

Tug Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Starwood/Vistana, Disney, Hyatt, HGVC
You could also just pay for your meals with three credit cards, if meals are what you are trying to split three ways. No need to really have meals on your resort bill. Not sure if the restaurants mind this practice, but sometimes we do this in CA.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Actually you can come close to doing what you want if that part of your family that needs a separate dinner check is all on one side of the lockoff. Just add their names to that side of the lockoff and have them provide the front desk with a credit card for charging purposes. Then treat the dinner checks as two different villas at the same table. We do this with friends at WKORV every year. And of course the other family members wouldn't necessarily have to actually stay in that other side. You are really just using the two villas for billing purposes.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Actually you can come close to doing what you want if that part of your family that needs a separate dinner check is all on one side of the lockoff. Just add their names to that side of the lockoff and have them provide the front desk with a credit card for charging purposes. Then treat the dinner checks as two different villas at the same table. We do this with friends at WKORV every year. And of course the other family members wouldn't necessarily have to actually stay in that other side. You are really just using the two villas for billing purposes.
Do I add their names on the studio side at the resort? I do not see a place on Vistana.com where to do it, the lockoff is treated as one reservation

MommaBear

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We tried that and it did not work at all, ad they kept assigning my daughter's bills to our side of the unit, even when she signed the check with her room number. Hopefully they will have made some advancements in the last 4 years.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Do I add their names on the studio side at the resort? I do not see a place on Vistana.com where to do it, the lockoff is treated as one reservation

I added the names at the front desk when I checked in. You're unable to do it online because you reserved the entire lockoff instead of the two individual sides.

We've always added our "guests" name to the studio side. Just make sure there is another credit card for that side and then make sure bar/restaurant/pool charges for those family members are charged to that particular villa number with their name.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN and Lagunamar
We are going to travel with family to Lagunamar, 2 bdr lockoff on the same reservation. To keep things simple between MIL, her sister and us we would like the restaurant orders to be kept separate and receive 3 different bills at check out rather than one. Is this possible?
This remind me of the old adage "You can't choose your family" :giggle:

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
That’s the one thing harborside at Atlantis does right. Everyone has their own folio at check in. 4 people in the same room get room keys and whatever they charge in their room key hits their credit card. EVERY RESORT/HOTEL should have this.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
That’s the one thing harborside at Atlantis does right. Everyone has their own folio at check in. 4 people in the same room get room keys and whatever they charge in their room key hits their credit card. EVERY RESORT/HOTEL should have this.
The same certainly wouldn't apply to a family of four?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
You could also just pay for your meals with three credit cards, if meals are what you are trying to split three ways. No need to really have meals on your resort bill. Not sure if the restaurants mind this practice, but sometimes we do this in CA.
If one wants to earn Marriott Bonvoy points for charges to the room, you certainly would want to put as many charges to the room as possible.

CPNY

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside Resort at Atlantis
SVV - Key West/Bella
WKV
Regal Vista at Massanutten
The same certainly wouldn't apply to a family of four?
I’ve stayed with 4 people at harborside all using different methods of payment and each one of us has our own folio in the same one bedroom premium unit. Harborside sets it up so every guest in each room can be on the same or their own method of payment.