• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Separate Accounts for Affiliates?

Blues

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As noted in this thread, my 7000 point purchase at HGVC Flamingo has now gotten into the HGVC system. Every communication from my closing agent to HGVC repeated my request to get the points added to my existing account. Yesterday, I got my "welcome" letter, with a new account number, and asking me to call in to activate this account.

I've called in and tried to get these accounts combined. I was informed that, since my existing account is for an affiliate (Craigendarroch), they can't be. Apparently, affiliates and HGVC-owned properties can't co-exist on the same account. Can anyone verify?

I guess I'll only pay the $85 club fee once (they had me down for twice, but say they've now corrected that). But I'll have to make reservations through one or the other account. If neither account has the points I need, I'll need to call in to have points transferred between accounts. While it's nice that it's possible to do this (so points don't get stranded), it's a PITA. I like to make reservations on-line. Now, sometimes I'll need to call first to initiate the transfer before making the on-line reservation.

Don't get me wrong -- I love the HGVC system. But I'm learning more and more how "second class" we are as affiliates. I'm glad I've now bought in to an HGVC-owned property. I'll probably sell the affiliate when the market recovers, but I expect that may be some years before that happens.

-Bob

Bill4728

Reaction score
I believe that my friend which owns the Bay Club & King's land says she has only one HGVC account.

BayouTraveler

Reaction score
I added an affiliate to a my HGVC-developed (SeaWorld) account and pay only one annual membership fee. I see no reason why the order of addition of properties would matter. That said, I seem to recall that I was given specific instructions with regard to how the names must be listed, where the current member number should be included, etc. If both legal documents list the owner(s) in an identical fashion, you should be ok. I would try another CSR.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
I *think* what Bob is running into is not a problem of combining affiliates w/ HGVC-owned properties, but instead with combining HGVCI (International) with HGVC properties. I thought HGVCI was handled like a wholely owned subsidiary -- separate from HGVC.

Kurt

vetteguy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hello,

I had the same problem. They had to open a second account when I bought my Craiggendaroch week. The reason that I was told was indeed that the Hilton Craiggendaroch couldn't be added has an affiliate into my existing HGVC seaworld account.
But I pay only one HGVC membership fee, some years I have to remind them that I have paid my HGVC membership with my Seaworld account when they add the membership fee a second time in my Craiggendaroch account but it is always immediately corrected with an email.
What I do for my HGVC reservations is the following : when i have converted a week at Craiggendaroch into HGVC points and my points are in my Craiggendaroch account, I email HGVC that I want my points transfered into my Seaworld account, that way it's much easier for making reservations and keeping track of points.
In the beginning, I also thought that this would be a PITA but it's an easy process that I always do with emails.

Daniel

dvc_john

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think PigsDad and Vetteguy are correct about the Scotland property.

I'll just add that I joined HGVC when I owned 3 Florida affiliates and no HGVC developed resorts. Since then I have added on 2 HGVC resorts. All 5 are under 1 membership number.

judgerey

TUG Member
Reaction score
I've had a similar experience as Vetteguy. I first owned at Seaworld, later added Bay Club. I pay one yearly membership fee, call and have my Bay Club points transferred to my Seaworld account, and then use all the points from the Seaworld account. Was told that I couldn't have one account number with both "contracts" in it.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I own at Bay Club and at Seaworld. Because Bay Club has different rules than Seaworld they cannot combine both accounts.

Bay Club must be paid in advance before using next years points.
Seaworld and most HGVC specific build resorts, you must just be a member in good standing to use next years points. Which basically means you are paid up to date and own nothing outstanding that has been invoiced. However you can borrow and use next years points before the MFs are due on these points.

What I usually do is use my Seaworld account that has my Elite status on it. When I pay my 2009 MFs I then call HGVC and have them MOVE by Bay Club points into my Seaworld account so that all of my points are in the same place and my Elite awards are provided to me.

So Affiliates and International properties have different rules which at this time are hard coded into the account number. I have been told at some point in the future they have put in programming changes that allows those business rules to be tied to the points and not to the account as a whole. At that time the seperate account issues will go away. When that will be remains to be seen.

It is not a big deal as I have to make the call once a year. I transfer the whole amount over at that time. Of course if you want to HOME season and book you own resort that is a different matter. I almost NEVER book during home season.

Last edited:

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I believe that my friend which owns the Bay Club & King's land says she has only one HGVC account.

Not likely possible as Bay Club has different rules than Kings Land.

Last edited: