• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Westin Nanea - advice?

Zurikins

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
Hi everyone I purchased into Westin Nanea last year (2BR, Annual) and am going to sell it as my lifestyle just does not jive with the timeshare idea. AND the annual fee is astronomical by my pocketbook, too much for me.

1. I'd like to know your opinions on what I might list for. Of course I'm prepared to lose money on it, but would like to extract whatever I can reasonably expect.

2. I've already watched the video on this site about scams and already talked to one of the "listing" companies - with whom by the way, I ALMOST forked over $1800 to have "advertising" - with no real other commitments from them. Really there aren't that many online companies out there. Do I have any other options?

2. Is it better to use a real estate agent or "broker" as they call them?

3. Any websites that you think are more valid opportunities for listing?

Thank you in advance!

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Uh oh.......

DavidnRobin

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV OFD (Maui)
WPORV (Kauai)
WSJ-VGV (St. John)
WKV (Scottsdale)
Contact Tugger @Syed for his advice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
In a nut shell - you will be lucky to sell it for 20% of what you paid. If it's not paid off - it's not sellable.

To get an honest opinion of the value - I would contact this Tugger who is a timeshare broker on Maui:

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 2.06.33 PM.png

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I'm so sorry, I think it's going to be sobering to see what these are selling for on the resale market. My Maui Ocean Club units are selling for about 33% of what the developer price was -- I paid full boat for one, and then resale purchased the others -- most recently for 35% of original purchase price.

If you can find a way to keep it/use it/enjoy it, that is best. I hope it works out for you...

Best,

Greg

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
I'm going to second @GregT and his advice on using it and enjoying it. Are you sure you are unable to utilize your purchase for what your initial desires were? TUG is the place to learn, by either reading or asking, how to effectively use what you've purchased.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
Ditto x 3.

You probably don't realize it yet.....but what you bought doesn't all transfer when you sell.
Therefore, it's going to be an uphill battle. A bloody uphill battle to sell.

It's a great resort. It will probably rent well.....consider your options carefully.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
You will probably do better renting it out to cover your MF + profit on Redweek or TUG, instead of taking an instant and substantial loss on selling it. That's what I would do.

Last edited:

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Hi everyone I purchased into Westin Nanea last year (2BR, Annual) and am going to sell it as my lifestyle just does not jive with the timeshare idea. AND the annual fee is astronomical by my pocketbook, too much for me.

1. I'd like to know your opinions on what I might list for. Of course I'm prepared to lose money on it, but would like to extract whatever I can reasonably expect.

2. I've already watched the video on this site about scams and already talked to one of the "listing" companies - with whom by the way, I ALMOST forked over $1800 to have "advertising" - with no real other commitments from them. Really there aren't that many online companies out there. Do I have any other options?

2. Is it better to use a real estate agent or "broker" as they call them?

3. Any websites that you think are more valid opportunities for listing?

Thank you in advance!
If you rent it every other year it will pay for your vacation the alternate year.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
That is a huge purchase price for something that doesn't jive with your lifestyle. What an impulsive purchase, and you definitely need to avoid timeshare presentations altogether, because apparently "no" is a tough word for you. :) I know a couple who bought three timeshares from the developer, 3 times they bought, and basically gave all three away, wasting every dime they spent on those weeks. Then they called me from Mexico and told me about this great deal they found and asked if they should go for it. I told them, "Do not do that." The voice of reason has to kick in eventually.

We love timeshare, and I think you need to do as others recommended and rent it those years you don't use it. Who doesn't have a week for a vacation? You bought it to use it, and you should definitely use it. An 80% loss of money wouldn't be wise, unless you are really, really rich.

mjm1

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Like others, we bought directly from the developer early on and learned to maximize the value we received. I agree with others, talk with Syed and get his input. If you are up to renting it when you don’t want to use it, you can do it on redweek.com and likely make a profit over the maintenance fees. Selling it now is definitely a losing proposition.

Good luck and let us know how it goes. Tuggers have a lot of great insights and you can learn how to make your purchase work for you if you are willing to learn how to maximize your ownership.

Best regards.

Mike