• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Timeshare

RLPRO

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Palace View Heights By Spinnaker Resorts
Hi,

I am new to this forum and could use a little help. My mother owns a timeshare (Palace View Heights by Spinnaker) that she does not use due to health. Does anyone have any recommendations for a reputable company who purchases them? What is the best/easiest way to get rid of it?

Thanks so much!
Rachael

Last edited:

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chances are that it has zero value.
You can try and give it away on this site.
Post details , location, size season, mfee in the give away forum.

You could also contact Spinnaker to see about a deed back

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

daverunfast

TUG Member
Reaction score
Try to give it away on the bargain board, but don't be afraid to just stop paying, they won't do anything.

Spinnaker is the worst kind of vacation club. No HOA control, no rental program, no deed backs. You don't owe Spinnaker anything. If you have a deed, hold on to it, but I think this is a newer Spinnaker resort, so you probably have a membership. Either way, no teeth, don't worry about it.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do NOT give any company upfront money to sell it for you.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
All of this also means that no, there is no reputable company that will buy your timeshare. Check with the resort to see what kind of fees would be involved to transfer to someone else. I don't know if your resort is affiliated with Spinnaker in SC but in Hilton Head, Spinnaker resort owners looking to transfer have to prepay $1500 in MF's in addition to something like a $150 transfer fee plus a fee to a deed prep company that will prepare the deed and register so it is unlikely that you will be able to give it away without paying some if not most of those fees if they are applicable.

RLPRO

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All of this also means that no, there is no reputable company that will buy your timeshare. Check with the resort to see what kind of fees would be involved to transfer to someone else. I don't know if your resort is affiliated with Spinnaker in SC but in Hilton Head, Spinnaker resort owners looking to transfer have to prepay $1500 in MF's in addition to something like a $150 transfer fee plus a fee to a deed prep company that will prepare the deed and register so it is unlikely that you will be able to give it away without paying some if not most of those fees if they are applicable.

Thank you so much for everyone's input, much appreciated. I think I found a loophole with Spinnaker, and we are currently working with them to exit.

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Thank you so much for everyone's input, much appreciated. I think I found a loophole with Spinnaker, and we are currently working with them to exit.
Hope you get results

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
and report back? we have heard all sorts of crazy numbers for the cost of a spinnaker deedback!

RLPRO

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
and report back? we have heard all sorts of crazy numbers for the cost of a spinnaker deedback!

Yes! I will reply back on this post with the outcome. Thanks so much!

RLPRO

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Update: we finally got a response back to exit. The cost is a one time fee of $1500.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Are you going to do that?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Have you thought about using it yourself?

RLPRO

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Have you thought about using it yourself?

Oh yes, my husband and I used it a lot about 10 - 15 years ago. Unfortunately, the selection for Florida and Colorado are very limited and we really are not interested in Branson.

We started renting private condos about 10 years ago and really enjoy it, fewer limitations.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Is the maintenance fee less or more than the buy back amount?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Why not try renting for maintenance fee ? Tug Marketplace?

RLPRO

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why not try renting for maintenance fee ? Tug Marketplace?

Honestly, I’m new to TUG. I’m clueless about a marketplace or how to even go about renting it out. Figured it would be easier for my mom if we get rid of it.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Join TUG and you will get a lot of advice. Good Luck, whatever you decide to do.

RLPRO

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Join TUG and you will get a lot of advice. Good Luck, whatever you decide to do.

Thank you so much!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
two years worth of maint fees isnt the most absurd thing ive ever heard of, especially if that includes closing/transfer costs etc. It certainly isnt ideal however!

can always attempt to negotiate if your situation warrants it...ie the death/health of an owner...significant financial changes etc etc. In the case you mentioned above I would absolutely respond to their initial offer and explain that due to the failing health of your mother as the last remaining owner on the deed, you are willing to pay a reasonable cost to transfer the ownership back to them, but $1500 is simply not possible...perhaps just saying youll pay the 2022 annual dues (700-800) if they agree to take the ownership back, but that will be the last payment your mother will be able to make in her condition/situation etc.

costs you nothing to try! Unless you have a desire to take over ownership of the timeshare itself and use it down the road, renting it in an effort to offset your annual dues is likely more trouble than it will be worth for you.

RLPRO

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
two years worth of maint fees isnt the most absurd thing ive ever heard of, especially if that includes closing/transfer costs etc. It certainly isnt ideal however!

can always attempt to negotiate if your situation warrants it...ie the death/health of an owner...significant financial changes etc etc. In the case you mentioned above I would absolutely respond to their initial offer and explain that due to the failing health of your mother as the last remaining owner on the deed, you are willing to pay a reasonable cost to transfer the ownership back to them, but $1500 is simply not possible...perhaps just saying youll pay the 2022 annual dues (700-800) if they agree to take the ownership back, but that will be the last payment your mother will be able to make in her condition/situation etc.

costs you nothing to try! Unless you have a desire to take over ownership of the timeshare itself and use it down the road, renting it in an effort to offset your annual dues is likely more trouble than it will be worth for you.

Great idea! We will definitely try to negotiate. Thank you so much for your help.