• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Timeshare week on Ebay

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
I have a question and hope that someone can help. I have a fixed week listed for sale on Ebay at Fairfield Harbour at Sand Castle Village. It isn't part of Wyndham. I've had a person bid on the auction so it looks like it will go through. I've contacted the resort management company about transferring it into the new owners names and they said that once the new deed is recorded they will do the transfer for no cost. The management company recommended a attorney in New Bern, NC that has done closings for them and they charge $300. to prepare the deed and get it recorded. My question is should I worry about a purchase agreement since the sale is for $1. with the seller paying closing cost or just get the buyers information so that the attorney can prepare the deed. Any help and insights would be appreciated.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
I have a question and hope that someone can help. I have a fixed week listed for sale on Ebay at Fairfield Harbour at Sand Castle Village. It isn't part of Wyndham. I've had a person bid on the auction so it looks like it will go through. I've contacted the resort management company about transferring it into the new owners names and they said that once the new deed is recorded they will do the transfer for no cost. The management company recommended a attorney in New Bern, NC that has done closings for them and they charge $300. to prepare the deed and get it recorded. My question is should I worry about a purchase agreement since the sale is for $1. with the seller paying closing cost or just get the buyers information so that the attorney can prepare the deed. Any help and insights would be appreciated.
I would get an agreement signed that includes if the deal doesn’t happen because the buyer pulls out that they will be responsible for closing costs you are already obligated to paid. If you take the lawyer he will need a purchase agreement.

LT Transfers also would require one too. I would also call LT Transfers and see what they charge and see if they have experience with your resort.

sjsharkie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes do the written purchase agreement.

In general (not legal advice), contracts for real estate need to be written. So unless you want to risk the buyer changing their mind, best to get it in writing.

Ryan

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Thank you for the help.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
When I've used LT Transfers as both a buyer and a seller they send an agreement of purchase and sale to be signed by both parties. They also send a two page document preparation form. The buyer will need to send them copies of the drivers licenses of every one who will be on the deed. I took pictures of our drivers licenses using my phone and emailed them. The buyer can pay LTT's fee by check but that takes longer than if the buyer chooses to have LTT send them a PayPal invoice. If you have a copy of the deed to send LTT that also saves time. They can order it but you will pay to have them do it.

LT Transfers
4513 Hwy 129N
Cleveland, GA 30528
706-219-2709 (phone)
706-219-0092 (fax)

funtime

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I also submit a purchase agreement to the resort because I include language that the buyer will be responsible for next year's maintenance fees and forever more. I would not worry about a penalty clause because if not this $1 buyer there will be another.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
Use LT Transfer. I have done two transactions as a buyer with them. I like their very simple buy sell agreement. They communicate well. Highly recommended. I am a lawyer in Canada.

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
Thank you for all the advice. I've decided to use LT transfer after speaking with them and because they have reasonable fees.

Cricket1323

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sandcastle Village II
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Thank you for all the advice. I've decided to use LT transfer after speaking with them and because they have reasonable fees.
Hi -- I also am trying to "sell" a week at this same resort -- fixed week 26. No action on RedWeek ad or on Bargain Basement ad here. Curious if your sale on eBay went through?

R1964

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Holiday Club
No buyer never made payment and would not respond to emails, phone calls or Ebay. Filed a nonpayment case with Ebay and ended up canceling sale after one week of waiting. Lost $50. on the listing fee.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
No buyer never made payment and would not respond to emails, phone calls or Ebay. Filed a nonpayment case with Ebay and ended up canceling sale after one week of waiting. Lost $50. on the listing fee.

Real Estate Sales Transactions on eBay (such as Timeshares) are unenforceable until such time that all documentation is actually signed by both parties.......