• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

selling through royal resorts

andert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried selling royal haciendas villa through the royal resorts themselves and is there a better way to sell timeshare

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Based on past posts, I believe Royal Resorts is just going to refer you to an upfront fee company. Then you will pay a high upfront fee to list your timeshare, and never hear from them again.

The sad truth is that the resale market is very depressed, especially in Mexico, and there is no market for your timeshare. To be quite honest, you will be lucky to give it away.

Look at all the Mexican timeshares on ebay starting at 97¢ -
http://www.ebay.com/sch/Timeshares-...&_sticky=1&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_sop=15&_sc=1

craigchams

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have tried to sell through RR in the past without any success. They didn't refer me to any upfront fee sites.

I have had good luck selling through TUG. I have sold 3 Royal Sands villas on this site and the last one in the past 6 months. If you bought from the developer, you will not get anywhere close to what you paid for it.

As far as EBay sales, units at the Tri Royals and Royal Sands generally go from 1K to 3K and some as high as 5K

As you can see, I don't agree with "DeniseM". There is a market for you villa, just don't set your sights on a high price.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I also think Denise's statements about Mexico are overly harsh and not true of all resorts and all interval times in Mexico.

You own at a resort that does have some value but it depends on what week you own. Unfortunately if you own weeks 33-50 I think it will be difficult (but hopefully not impossible) to find a buyer but other weeks should have some value and you should be able to find a buyer if you are patient. I also agree that it is no where like developer prices. If you don't have to pay an upfront fee to list with the resorts you may want to do so and also list other places as well.

buceo

Reaction score
I think you'll find the Royals won't make any effort to sell your unit. But, it doesn't hurt to list it with them. They'll likely encourage you to sell it yourself. They won't refer you to an upfront fee company, unless maybe you get your resale info from a Royals bell hop. That said they do sell units. I think it takes someone to walk in, ask to see the resale list who is looking to supplement what they have or are looking for a low price. A combination of both would give you the best chance, ie lucky, but it happens.

There are a couple of individuals that have businesses renting & reselling Royal units, their experience doesn't match Denise's "belief". Personally I rent multiple weeks there every year, my experience never matches what Denise posts about Mexico, that said resales are very difficult at a price we'd like. Hopefully you don't have to sell now. If you can use it, rent it, trade it etc all the while listing it, with time you can improve your chances.

Maybe Denise would be so kind and list the Royal Hacienda units that have been given away. That'd be good information for you.

Jan Handlers

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sold through Royal Resorts

I sold one week (Royal Sands) through Royal Resorts two years ago and got a very good price, slightly more than I paid. Last year, I also asked for a specific resale week, oceanfront. They brought me a list of everything that they had in resales. We bought a very nice unit for well above what I would have paid on Ebay but much less than a new unit. It also was oceanfront in the particular week and unit that I wanted. We now have two concurrent weeks in the same oceanfront unit. I doubt I would have had much luck finding that any other way.