• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling Question

alkatrazz2

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm a newbie so I'm probably going to need all the help I can get. I purchased a Stormy Point Village timeshare in Branson, MO about 1 1/2 years ago. It's a 2 bedroom, Red Season with unlimited additional Festiva Weeks. I purchased it for $21,500 plus interest. I might be interested in selling it. If I do, Iwould be willing to take reasonable loss. Can someone school me a little on what my chances would be and what to expect? Anything ya can share is greatly appreciated.

alkatrazz2

Here are some of the details:

Festiva Resorts​
VIP Charter Membership​
I. $4,000.00 Pre-Construction Discount
II. Festiva Resorts VIP Charter Benefits:
Preferred Exchanges To All Festiva Resorts
Pontoon Boats - $75.00 per day
Sail Boats - Free

Unlimited Additional "Festiva Weeks"
Last Minute Stays (31 days of less) - $199.00
Long Term Notice (32 days or more) - $349.00 - $799.00

III. Interval International Worldwide Exchange Network
IV. Festiva Travel & Cruise
Unlimited Lifetime Dues Paid (VIP Members Only)
Year-Round Discounts On All Of The Following:
Golf & Spa Getaways, Custom Experiential Vacations,
Cruises (Including Private Catamaran Yachts)

Special Unlimited VIP Charter Rates on Cottage Use
3 Bedroom Cottages - $100.00 per Night
2 Bedroom Cottages - $75.00 per Night
V. VIP Owner Referral Program
(Share with Friends and Family and earn up to $200.00 per referral)
VI. Price Freeze For Six (6) Months
(Any Additional weeks or upgrades)

Last edited by a moderator:

e.bram

Reaction score
If it is paid you might be able to give it away and not have to pay continueing MFs

Aussiedog

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bad Timing

Welcome to TUG!

This is such a tough time to sell a timeshare. This board has great advice on how to actually sell a timeshare and so please be sure to read that sticky, but I think the first hurdle for you will be getting comfortable with what you are referring to as "reasonable loss". I hope your definition of reasonable is somewhere south of 10% of your purchase price.:bawl:

As you may have seen in other posts, the best way to get a feel for what your timeshare may sell for is to look at the completed listings on eBay for your resort. You can try other resale sites for comparable pricing but be aware that the other sites include very high levels of wishful thinking.

If you can't stomach the current (and future as it won't go up) resale price you might want to try and rent it to at least cover your MFs. You may even enjoy finding more creative ways to use it or exchange it.

Good luck! Lots of experts here who can guide you along the way.

Ann

Dave M

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
e.bram isn't far off the mark. Some points....

1) If you owe anything on your timeshare, forget about selling it. You almost certainly won't find anyone willing to pick up your debt. And you won't be able to sell it for as much as you owe.

2) Most timeshares sell for a very small fraction of what the developer sold the timeshare for. Historically, that range - except for some of the very high-end timeshares - has been approximately 10%-40% of developer sales price. One reason for that is that the resale market is fragmented. Most potential buyers have never heard of the resale market for timeshares. Thus, there are many more resale sellers than resale buyers. That depresses prices much more than you would think would be reasonable.

3) Unfortunately, this is a lousy time to try to sell a timeshare. First, the market has been flooded with timeshares being resold by "postcard" companies - companies that charge a fee to take timeshares off of owners hands and then resell them for pennies on eBay. Second, eBay sales by owners draw lower prices than other traditional resale outlets and eBay seems to be setting price levels. Third, look at the current economy. 'Nuff said.

If you decide to sell, read the "how to sell" article located at the top of the list of topics for this Buying, Selling, Renting forum and follow the guidance. But that article was written before the current economic downturn, so don't expect miracles. If you can sell it for a few thousand $$, you'll be extremely lucky.

Lastly, if you decide to sell, please don't post your decision here. A moderator would have to delete much of what you have posted as unallowable advertising.

tombo

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Prices are at probably the lowest they have ever been on resale timeshare weeks. Unfortunatelly Festiva Resorts in Branson don't sell very well at any price. I have seen several weeks listed on e-bay with a starting bid price of $1, and there were no offers. Here are some current sales you can watch to get an idea of how they are selling. Good luck.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Branson-Missour...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/Timeshare-Red-F...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

http://cgi.ebay.com/TIMESHARE-RED-F...39:1|66:2|65:12|240:1318&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

yumdrey

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Like other tuggers said, it is NOT a good time to sell. Check the recent e-bay prices and also check redweek.com prices.
Or you can contact your resort and ask if they are willing to take your ownership back. If you still owe money, maybe they will not accept this, but has worth to try.

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you can afford to keep it, you should. Take vacations each year. You don't always have to go to Branson. Join Dial an Exchange for no membership fee, and only pay for trades. Or join II or RCI, which have more selection. A year and a half is a short time to own a timeshare. It is a great way to see the country or world. Just don't buy any more.