• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling-Question about banked weeks-II

judymck

Reaction score
Hello,
I have been reading this site for a couple of weeks and am AMAZED at the knowledge so readily shared. I am hoping you can help me out. We have owned week 5 at Westgate Lakes for 7 years. We have never had much success trading...and now I know why. We have the week listed on redweek and are hoping to sell..if not, we'll donate. My questions: we have 2 weeks that are banked but expired on II. We could extend this for a price (total about $500 for both weeks) and possibly get some use out of them. My problem is in not knowing if it is worth it at this point. If you think so, how do I get something, anything worthwhile for my weeks. I'd trade BOTH for any one good week (someplace warm in Feb) Every time I try to get something thru II it is unavailable. I don't even know how people search availability. It seems like I need to request a specific resort, then wait to be denied. I am so frustrated!!! This is why people hate their timeshares...there is this whole secret language and if you don't know it or have the time or patience you are out of luck. Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
judymck said:
Hello,
I have been reading this site for a couple of weeks and am AMAZED at the knowledge so readily shared. I am hoping you can help me out. We have owned week 5 at Westgate Lakes for 7 years. We have never had much success trading...and now I know why. We have the week listed on redweek and are hoping to sell..if not, we'll donate. My questions: we have 2 weeks that are banked but expired on II. We could extend this for a price (total about $500 for both weeks) and possibly get some use out of them. My problem is in not knowing if it is worth it at this point. If you think so, how do I get something, anything worthwhile for my weeks. I'd trade BOTH for any one good week (someplace warm in Feb) Every time I try to get something thru II it is unavailable. I don't even know how people search availability. It seems like I need to request a specific resort, then wait to be denied. I am so frustrated!!! This is why people hate their timeshares...there is this whole secret language and if you don't know it or have the time or patience you are out of luck. Thanks so much for any help you can offer.

Your problem trading may be that you havent put in an ongoing search along with your unit not being that great of a trading week to begin with. You should do ok if you choose a destination and are flexible with your dates of travel.
February is a very desirable week for anyplace warm so there is a lot of competition for any available weeks. Since WL week 5 isnt going to be a very strong trading week you will need to be very flexible with your dates and resorts you are willing to accept.

As far as selling goes, if you havent had any offers then you probably realize your price is too high. If your unit is a two bedroom you will be lucky if you can get 4K for it.