• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Selling a timeshare in the Grand Pacific Palisades Resort "motivated (desperate) sellers:

cbami929

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel
We no longer wish to own our time share, but don;t want to deal with paying someone to do it. We would like to DIY. Anyone have an advice that might set us on the right path, please?

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
We no longer wish to own our time share, but don;t want to deal with paying someone to do it. We would like to DIY. Anyone have an advice that might set us on the right path, please?

Well you can advertise in the classified section here on TUG.

Once you line up a buyer then you can use LT Transfers to handle the transaction for you. Website is: www.LTTransfers.com

Best of luck with the marketing of your Timeshare and welcome to TUG.

cbami929

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grand Pacific Palisades Resort and Hotel
Well you can advertise in the classified section here on TUG.

Once you line up a buyer then you can use LT Transfers to handle the transaction for you. Website is: www.LTTransfers.com

Best of luck with the marketing of your Timeshare and welcome to TUG.

Never done this before, It's like waking up with a tatoo after NIGHT OF DRINKING. HAHAHA!

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
I would also advertise on www.Redweek.com.

The keys to selling are an accurate description of your unit (season; # bedrooms/baths; MF's, etc.) AND rational pricing. Check out existing listings and closed eBay auctions to get a sense of the market. Then, price at the low end.

JohnB3

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC - SSR
Grandview Las Vegas (RCI Points)
Marriott - Willow Ridge

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
@cbami929, I see far too often where someone’s timeshare ad is essentially “need to get rid of it, tired of paying maintenance fees”. Would one advertise their used car for sale as “I hardly drive it and am tired of paying repairs bills”? Doesn’t sound appealing does it?

My suggestion is to really “sell” the timeshare in the ad. Show pictures of the beautiful flowers that bloom in front, talk about the kids pool and play area, the daily activities, the free use BBQs, close proximity to Costco, the outlet mall and restaurants. The short drive to downtown Carlsbad and the beach. Share the fact that the resort has day use privileges (excellent for any potential local buyers). Finally, share any personal experiences of the fun you and your family had at the resort. Heck after writing this myself, I want to go to the resort now! :)

I own at GPP so I know that it is a perfect family resort. Make sure your potential buyers know it too!

Good luck!

Last edited:

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
More thoughts

If you are desperate to sell it is important to know the value of your timeshare. Unfortunately, most timeshares do not have much resale value. At GPP summer fixed weeks are worth more than a floating non summer week. As @vacationtime1 posted, check eBay sold auctions to get an idea.

One more suggestion, Grand Pacific Palisades used to have a resale department that would help owners find buyers. That is how I got my week. Not sure if they still have that option but worth asking the resort.

Thomas

Reaction score

What exactly do you own? Size, season, week, annual?

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
OP posted last Thursday and hasn't been back to read our responses.

JudiZ

TUG Member
Reaction score
@cbami929, I see far too often where someone’s timeshare ad is essentially “need to get rid of it, tired of paying maintenance fees”. Would one advertise their used car for sale as “I hardly drive it and am tired of paying repairs bills”? Doesn’t sound appealing does it?

My suggestion is to really “sell” the timeshare in the ad. Show pictures of the beautiful flowers that bloom in front, talk about the kids pool and play area, the daily activities, the free use BBQs, close proximity to Costco, the outlet mall and restaurants. The short drive to downtown Carlsbad and the beach. Share the fact that the resort has day use privileges (excellent for any potential local buyers). Finally, share any personal experiences of the fun you and your family had at the resort. Heck after writing this myself, I want to go to the resort now! :)

I own at GPP so I know that it is a perfect family resort. Make sure your potential buyers know it too!

Good luck!

Oh my word! This is a great observation and altogether true; I just never thought of it that way! I've never had a lot of trouble getting rid of what I don't want and now I think I know why - we have pretty much loved every timeshare we have owned (and bought all but one on the secondary market).

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
If you have a loan, stop paying the payments. Unless you are buying a house, walking away from the debt might not be as bad for your credit as you think.

Karen G

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Once owned these: FirstFairway@Walden X 2; Lawai Beach; ManhattanClub; PuebloBonitoRose; 4 South Africa--now timeshare-free
What exactly do you own? Size, season, week, annual?
Posting those details in the discussion forums would constitute advertising which is not allowed in this forum. Anyone may contact another poster by private conversation by clicking on that user's name and then clicking on "start a conversation."