• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Select Amex/Marriott offer. Receive $75

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Check your card to see if this is being offered. It is a select offer.
$75 back with Marriott hotel stays

At the moment there’s a new targeted Amex Offer for $75 back when you spend $250+ at select Marriott Bonvoy properties:

• This is valid for stays in the US and US territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean
  • This is valid for stays between September 24 and December 31, 2020
  • The following Marriott brands are excluded: Marriott Vacation Club, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and Vistana Signature Experiences.

Do be aware of the following terms:

• You have to book directly with Marriott (by phone, through Marriott’s website, or mobile app)
  • Excludes gift card purchases
  • You just have to spend $250+ cumulatively, so you could spend that across multiple stays; taxes and fees should even count towards that total
As you’d expect, you can earn Marriott Bonvoy points for these bookings as well, and take advantage of virtually any other promotions in conjunction with this.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Check your card to see if this is being offered. It is a select offer.
$75 back with Marriott hotel stays

At the moment there’s a new targeted Amex Offer for $75 back when you spend $250+ at select Marriott Bonvoy properties:

• This is valid for stays in the US and US territories, Canada, Mexico, and the Caribbean
  • This is valid for stays between September 24 and December 31, 2020
  • The following Marriott brands are excluded: Marriott Vacation Club, Design Hotels, Protea Hotels, Marriott Executive Apartments, Homes & Villas by Marriott International, and Vistana Signature Experiences.

Do be aware of the following terms:

• You have to book directly with Marriott (by phone, through Marriott’s website, or mobile app)
  • Excludes gift card purchases
  • You just have to spend $250+ cumulatively, so you could spend that across multiple stays; taxes and fees should even count towards that total
As you’d expect, you can earn Marriott Bonvoy points for these bookings as well, and take advantage of virtually any other promotions in conjunction with this.

Where in the T&C do you find this is cumulative? I read the T&C to say this is for a stay (folio) and is not cumulative for more than one stay. Previous offers of this kind have been clear they are cumulative.

Per the T&C (emphasis added) : Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $250 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
The last offer worked on MF payments. Hopefully this will work again. We have 4 of these - 1 offer on each family member's card. Will pay MF before the end of October to also get the extra bonus Bonvoy points. Love the double dip. Usually I put MF on Chase Sapphire Reserve but this is much better deal to use Bonvoy card.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
The last offer worked on MF payments. Hopefully this will work again. We have 4 of these - 1 offer on each family member's card. Will pay MF before the end of October to also get the extra bonus Bonvoy points. Love the double dip. Usually I put MF on Chase Sapphire Reserve but this is much better deal to use Bonvoy card.
Does an authorized user also get this offer or would that be double dipping?

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO

It should work, I just prepaid some MF using my Amex BV card and got two instant emails from amex (I assume one is for the 10X points promo, and the other is this one), same as the recent 50 off 200 offer.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
It should work, I just prepaid some MF using my Amex BV card and got two instant emails from amex (I assume one is for the 10X points promo, and the other is this one), same as the recent 50 off 200 offer.

Sorry but it won't work on maintenance fees.

Per the T&C: Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International and Vistana Signature Experiences™.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sorry but it won't work on maintenance fees.

Per the T&C: Excludes Marriott Vacation Club®, Design Hotels™, Protea Hotels®, Marriott Executive Apartments®, Homes & Villas by Marriott International and Vistana Signature Experiences™.

My experience is that Amex always has that term listed in Marriott offers, but in practice, MF worked for me in the last similar offer. If you have 10X signed up already, it does not hurt to try to see if it works for this offer too.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
My experience is that Amex always has that term listed in Marriott offers, but in practice, MF worked for me in the last similar offer. If you have 10X signed up already, it does not hurt to try to see if it works for this offer too.

That may be so but it is certainly not in the 10X offer.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That may be so but it is certainly not in the 10X offer.

10X offer has this

.... on up to $7,500 in purchases when charged directly with participating Marriott Bonvoy properties (excluding home share properties), standalone Marriott branded retail establishments, and Marriott branded online stores (including online purchases of Marriott branded gift cards) that, in each case, are wholly owned or managed by Marriott International, Inc and its affiliates.

You are right (It did not specifically call out the MF on Vistana). I'll report back if it works in a few days. :)

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
10X offer has this

.... on up to $7,500 in purchases when charged directly with participating Marriott Bonvoy properties (excluding home share properties), standalone Marriott branded retail establishments, and Marriott branded online stores (including online purchases of Marriott branded gift cards) that, in each case, are wholly owned or managed by Marriott International, Inc and its affiliates.

You are right (It did not specifically call out the MF on Vistana). I'll report back if it works in a few days. :)

It does work on 10X. I've already received the additional points on my statement last week.

See Post #29 - Westin/Sheraton Flex MF Payments & Marriott Bonvoy Amex BONUS Points

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
I just paid $250 prepaid amount for Westin WKORVN with my Bonvoy Amex Business card.

I received 2 emails from Amex that I have used my Amex Offer. Not sure if it will work for 10X or $75 off $250 Spend, hopefully both. I will provide update when the offers go through.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Does an authorized user also get this offer or would that be double dipping?
Yes AUs can also use. Both our college kids are AU. Must find and load the offer and use their card.

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
If this works can you prepay for some of next year MF?

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
If this works can you prepay for some of next year MF?
I did that with a $40 off offer earlier this year. It worked when I prepaid an amount equal to the threshold to get the discount.

I've just added this to my card. I'll try it out to see if it works. I also got the 10X bonus for my WFlex MF payment.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
deleted

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where in the T&C do you find this is cumulative? I read the T&C to say this is for a stay (folio) and is not cumulative for more than one stay. Previous offers of this kind have been clear they are cumulative.

Per the T&C (emphasis added) : Qualifying purchase means a purchase at a participating Marriott property made during the offer period with your enrolled American Express Card and which is in an amount totaling at least $250 USD as posted to your account, following conversion from a foreign currency, if applicable, in accordance with your Cardmember Agreement.
Do you think the $250 is the total amount including taxes or just the room rate? I have a reservation coming up that is just short if it excludes taxes so upgrading the room slightly with increased gross cost would actually net cheaper but wouldn’t do that if I don’t get the $75. I’m guessing “totaling amount” would include taxes?

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Do you think the $250 is the total amount including taxes or just the room rate? I have a reservation coming up that is just short if it excludes taxes so upgrading the room slightly with increased gross cost would actually net cheaper but wouldn’t do that if I don’t get the $75. I’m guessing “totaling amount” would include taxes?

Not sure. This is from the T&C: Offer only valid on room rate and room charges.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Thanks for the report @wjarcher I just tried paying on one of our cards. If this works, combined with the earlier promo that worked this means we got a nice discount on our MF this year. :banana:

pchung6

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN-OF, SVVx3, SBP, MKO-OV, MWR
UPDATE: $75 Credit from Amex Marriott Offer has been posted. I prepaid $250 MF for WKORVN for next year. I also received 10X points from Amex too.

cubigbird

Tug Review Crew Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Kierland X2, Westin St John-Sunset Bay X2, Westin Desert Willow, Westin Aventuras
UPDATE: $75 Credit from Amex Marriott Offer has been posted. I prepaid $250 MF for WKORVN for next year. I also received 10X points from Amex too.

Ditto with me. Prepaid $250 in maintenance fees and successfully received the $75 credit.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Where does the credit show up? How long did it take?

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
Mine showed up on my online account after about a day and a half.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
With all of these offers, I'm starting to wonder if I should prepay the rest of my MF for next year by the end of the month to take advantage of the 10X Bonvoy bonus or wait to see if they have another offer? I cashed in one Marriott offer by partially prepaying some MF in July. Now a couple of months later this comes along. I'm really liking this Bonvoy Brilliant card - it's more than paid for itself this year.

Of course, my Canadian Bonvoy card has gotten zero offers and very limited point bonuses...a 35k certificate just doesn't cut it anymore - they are pretty well useless. Guess which card is getting canceled at renewal in February? :LOL: