• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Select Amex/Marriott offer. Receive $75

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
With all of these offers, I'm starting to wonder if I should prepay the rest of my MF for next year by the end of the month to take advantage of the 10X Bonvoy bonus or wait to see if they have another offer? I cashed in one Marriott offer by partially prepaying some MF in July. Now a couple of months later this comes along. I'm really liking this Bonvoy Brilliant card - it's more than paid for itself this year.

Of course, my Canadian Bonvoy card has gotten zero offers and very limited point bonuses...a 35k certificate just doesn't cut it anymore - they are pretty well useless. Guess which card is getting canceled at renewal in February? :LOL:

Not sure the total amount of your Vistana MFs but remember the 10X is only for up to $7,500. If you have more than $7,500 you may wish to not pay the amount over $7,500 and see if another Amex promo comes along.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Not sure the total amount of your Vistana MFs but remember the 10X is only for up to $7,500. If you have more than $7,500 you may wish to not pay the amount over $7,500 and see if another Amex promo comes along.
I'm a pretty small fish when it comes to MF because of the EOY units. Only around $4k/year on the Vistana side so I'll be well under the $7500 limit.

I guess if another promo comes along I can always prepay some of my 2022 fees.:whooopie:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
I am also intrigued with prepaying MF to get extra Bonvoy, especially since interest rates are low so $ not earning
much in bank. May pay half to hedge in case more rebate deals next year.

We are considering downgrading the brilliant. We have two 35k Bonvoys which work fine for visiting our son at a Springhill in a flyover state. Also got the same Amex offers as the $450 Brilliant. The 50k anniv night is an orphan with only one card and not enough for extra night at Westin Kaanapali. Three 35ks would work for a long weekend and not waste the 50k and extra AF.

We were going to downgrade in Aug but they kept adding Covid offers. Unless they add more offers no reason to keep.

May upgrade again in the future if a lucrative offer or need the gold status

Last edited:

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Can Bonvoy anniversary nights get extended beyond expiration?

As a datapoint, I investigated using a expiring Bonvoy night this month at a Springhill during off season to visit family. It barely fit under 35k cap. Additional nights points were high.

When I checked a newly built IHG Staybridge suites down the street. I could get a 1 bedroom suite with full kitchen for only 15k IHG points a night! Will save using my 40k capped free night from the IHG credit card which expires Fall 2021 for high season or another hotel.

Last edited:

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Villages Key West
This is FANTASTIC news! We have the Amex offer on 5 cards and look forward to the 30% savings. Didn't see a data point on Vistana Villages maintenance fees triggering the offer so I did a test run with one of my cards and will report back.

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
UPDATE: Credit received for Vistana Villages Key West!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Hmm, I added our cards for the Amex offer. Then paid $250 on my husband's card late last week. I don't see any credit on the Amex account. Did all of you make your online MF payment thru the Vistana.com dashboard, or through Marriott.com ?
I have never tried to pay MF through Marriott's website. Not sure if I can.

SMH1968

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hmm, I added our cards for the Amex offer. Then paid $250 on my husband's card late last week. I don't see any credit on the Amex account. Did all of you make your online MF payment thru the Vistana.com dashboard, or through Marriott.com ?
I have never tried to pay MF through Marriott's website. Not sure if I can.
I paid through the Vistana site. The credit takes a few days to show up in your transactions, however it shows up a day or so earlier under the "Savings" section of Amex Offers.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I just noticed that I have a new offer for 10,000 bonus Bonvoy points if I spend at least $1000 in a transaction. After my cc cut-off date on the 20th I'll try to see if these offers stack (10X + 10,000 bonus + $75 back).

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Mine showed up on my online account after about a day and a half.
[/QUOTEwhere do I look for my credit? Bonvoy or AE account

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Thanks SMH1968

grrrah

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Nanea
SVV - Key West
Anyone else get this AND the Spend $1000 get $100 back?

I believe I activated the 100/1000 back in early September, and then the 75/250 a few weeks after so the first one may not have been available once the new one started, but both show up on offers I enrolled in.

Just paid $250 toward the MFs and got an email about an hour later that I used an offer. Will pay $1000 more before 11/30 when the other expires. $175 off of MFs is pretty nice if it works.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Anyone else get this AND the Spend $1000 get $100 back?

I believe I activated the 100/1000 back in early September, and then the 75/250 a few weeks after so the first one may not have been available once the new one started, but both show up on offers I enrolled in.

Just paid $250 toward the MFs and got an email about an hour later that I used an offer. Will pay $1000 more before 11/30 when the other expires. $175 off of MFs is pretty nice if it works.

I got the OP offer (already got the $75 refund) and now I have spend $1000 get 10,000 bonus points.

$100 seems like a better deal...

luv_maui

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I got the OP offer (already got the $75 refund) and now I have spend $1000 get 10,000 bonus points.

$100 seems like a better deal...
I’m behind. Got my $50 back, then $75. Now need to work on the spend $1,000 get 10,000 bonus points. I sure hope it works on MFs since hopefully it‘ll combine with 6+4 points offer before 10/31/20. So pay MFs advance of $1,000 get 20,000 pets when charged to Bonvoy Brilliant AXP.

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
I’m still waiting for my credit. Does it show up on my AE statement? I paid $250 for MF 9/30. Payment was posted 10/2.

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
I’m still waiting for my credit. Does it show up on my AE statement? I paid $250 for MF 9/30. Payment was posted 10/2.
Which resort did you pay the MF for?

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
I’m behind. Got my $50 back, then $75. Now need to work on the spend $1,000 get 10,000 bonus points. I sure hope it works on MFs since hopefully it‘ll combine with 6+4 points offer before 10/31/20. So pay MFs advance of $1,000 get 20,000 pets when charged to Bonvoy Brilliant AXP.

I paid $1000 and the offer still shows as active rather than redeemed. It may not combine with the other offer. However, if I read it correctly, the $1000 does not necessarily require a spend at Marriott - just "spend $1000". Should not be too hard to do that by the December 24 expiration.

NOLA47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacations and Escapes to the Shores Orange Beach
Amex has a similar offer for Hilton but the terms specifically state that Hilton grand vacations excluded.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Amex has a similar offer for Hilton but the terms specifically state that Hilton grand vacations excluded.

The Amex terms specifically state that Vistana Signature Experiences is also excluded but it appears that part of the T&C is not being enforced.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Amex terms specifically state that Vistana Signature Experiences is also excluded but it appears that part of the T&C is not being enforced.

I didn't get my $75 savings either in Amex account. It's been a week+. This was on Sheraton Vistana SVR, Lakes unit. Earlier someone posted getting credit for Vistana Villages, a mandatory section. I'll try making payment on my SVR Spas unit and see if I get better luck. Both my units are in VSN, but my conjecture is maybe only mandatory units qualify??

wjarcher

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKOVRN, MKO, WLR, SVV, SDO
I didn't get my $75 savings either in Amex account. It's been a week+. This was on Sheraton Vistana SVR, Lakes unit. Earlier someone posted getting credit for Vistana Villages, a mandatory section. I'll try making payment on my SVR Spas unit and see if I get better luck. Both my units are in VSN, but my conjecture is maybe only mandatory units qualify??
It might depend on the resort who makes the charge, I checked the one I got the credit, it lists "cancun Lagunamar maorlando fl", I guess amex might not be able to tell the difference whether it is a regular hotel reservation or MF payment.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
I got the credit for WSJ-CV, which is voluntary, on my Bonvoy AmEx, and my husband got it on his card for WKORVN, which is mandatory.

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Yay, I did get tentative credit for my charge of my card to SVR Spas unit. The charge came back as "Vistana Spas Condo fee". My Lakes unit charge wasn't as descriptive.
Next I'll use my DH's card to make another Spas charge.

It also helps spread the MF payment out a little, rather than the large wad o_O in December-January.

BLUE AYES

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton VV KW; Sheraton VV Bella; Westin Lagunamar x 3 (51 & 52) ; Westin Kierland;
Plat. for Life
I just received the $75 credit. Partially paid Vistana Villages maintenance.
B26794FD-47DB-4974-8979-7992F9D96880.jpeg