• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Select Amex/Marriott offer. Receive $75

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I receive $75 credit for Sheraton Broadway plantation but not Sheraton desert oasis. I will wait for few more days. If still no credit, then will partial pay Sbp or vistana village

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I receive $75 credit for Sheraton Broadway plantation but not Sheraton desert oasis. I will wait for few more days. If still no credit, then will partial pay Sbp or vistana village
Can't you only earn the credit one time per account?

Markus

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR, WKV, WDW
There is a new offer today. Spend $2,500 get 4,000 Bonvoy points. This offer can be redeemed three times with a total spend of $7,500, which results in 12,000 Bonvoy points.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Confirmation: I received the $75 credit for paying $250 towards the Nanea MF.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
There is a new offer today. Spend $2,500 get 4,000 Bonvoy points. This offer can be redeemed three times with a total spend of $7,500, which results in 12,000 Bonvoy points.

Apparently the offer is tailored to different accounts as my offer is different.

Screen Shot 2020-10-12 at 8.30.15 PM.png

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
My Brilliant card is offering 10,000 bonus points after spending $1,000 before Christmas Eve.

Last edited:

Mulege

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV
WMH
WLM
Still no credit. I will call them
92F3C861-C4B3-40C9-A278-AD1CC7CB3B2D.png

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
Apparently the offer is tailored to different accounts as my offer is different.

View attachment 27470
Wow that's a lot of spend $36K to receive 45K Bonvoy-Points.

Just received the 75K for spending $7.5K [10-Points/$] on our Kierland-MF which had a better Points-Value ratio.
In addition we received the $100 for spending $1K.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Wow that's a lot of spend $36K to receive 45K Bonvoy-Points.

Just received the 75K for spending $7.5K [10-Points/$] on our Kierland-MF which had a better Points-Value ratio.
In addition we received the $100 for spending $1K.
Wouldn't it technically be 147K Bonvoy points for spending $35K? You get 2 points per dollar automatically, so that would be 72K, then another 75K bonus. 4.2 points per dollar. Still not as good as the 6 points you get on Marriott spend, but not as paltry as just 2 per dollar on regular spend.

Henry M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the 10 points/$ spent on hotel/maintenance fee charges includes the 6 points you normally get. You're only getting $0.04/dollar extra. On my Bonvoy card, the registered offer says:

Earn +4 pts per eligible dollar spent at participating hotels, on up to $7,500

DETAILS
Earn 4 additional Marriott Bonvoy points for each dollar spent, on up to $7,500 in total eligible purchases made using your enrolled Card at hotels participating in Marriott Bonvoy by 10/31/2020. See terms.

You can check by logging into AmericanExpress.com, scrolling down to Amex Offers & Benefits and looking at the "Added to Card" tab.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does authorized user, same account but different account number with own Amex exp offer, get the $75 credit top?

bobpark56

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Lagunamar, Westin Aventuras, Marriott Grande Vista, Sandos Caracol, Festiva, Diamond Resorts (Hawaii Collection)
Staying now for our 2nd week as WSJ. Have already received $75 for expenses paid during our first week, and AMEX tells us now that we have qualified for the $100 bonus for spending $1000 before the end of Nov. So it seems you can get both bonuses.

Dawnwrey

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN, WSJ-CV
Does authorized user, same account but different account number with own Amex exp offer, get the $75 credit top?
[/QUOTE]

No. American Express requires you to enroll each card to get the offer on each one, so you would have to enroll your card and then also enroll your authorized user’s card.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)

No. American Express requires you to enroll each card to get the offer on each one, so you would have to enroll your card and then also enroll your authorized user’s card.
[/QUOTE]
I think the terms state that the offer applies to the primary account holder. The authorized user can make a charge that qualifies for the offer, but the primary user would receive the $75 credit. You don’t get a second one.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I think the terms state that the offer applies to the primary account holder. The authorized user can make a charge that qualifies for the offer, but the primary user would receive the $75 credit. You don’t get a second one.
[/QUOTE]
Good point.
These are usually ONCE-ONLY offers.
  • If you have multiple [Secondary/Authorized] cards they will not be eligible.
  • If you have multiple Amex-Cards [e.g. Delta + Bonvoy] under the same name you can only avail of the offer once across all cards.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Good point.
  • If you have multiple Amex-Cards [e.g. Delta + Bonvoy] under the same name you can only avail of the offer once across all cards.
[/QUOTE]
I have used Amex offers on primary and auth users for years. Enrolled separately. Doubt this offer is any different.

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
Good point.
I have used Amex offers on primary and auth users for years. Enrolled separately. Doubt this offer is any different.[/QUOTE]

Agreed - AMEX targets the user profile as long as they have a separate sign-in it doesn’t matter if the cards in profile are primary or secondary

My wife and I both have profiles and she is secondary on a couple of my accounts and she gets sometimes the same offers after I have added them. Sometimes she gets offers to my card that I don’t get. Have redeemed the same offers for the same AMEX account but you have to select the offer in each profile

Added my teenage daughter to my Gold AMEX and she gets the offers as well sometimes even better offers

My daughter hates when I tell her she’s buying today and bring her card along. Not like I asked her to pay the credit card bill when it comes.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

lds337

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, HGVC Ocean 22, HGVC Sunrise Lodge, The Crane HGVC Sheraton Desert Oasis, Westin Kierland, and Wyndham Glacier Canyon
Forgot to mention I have this offer selected in all three profiles

On two different Bonvoy’s combined with the 4 point offer and my daughters Gold AMEX.

Once October billing closes in next day or two will prepay all 2021 MF with just $250 on Gold AMEX and rest split across the Two Bonvoy accounts

Did the same in September for the $50 offer but at that time just did the minimum spend on the two Bonvoy accounts

Got total of $100 back on $500 in MF

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Just paid MF with DH's Bonvoy Amex and an AU card (daughter). Both received bonus - nice to save $150 plus what we saved earlier this year on prior Amex offers. Plus 10x Bonvoy points!

Robotpedlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I can confirm that the AMEX platinum $75 off on $250 Marriott spend worked when I just paid a portion of next year's MF. Instantly got the "offer used" notification on my phone.