• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sedona Summit questions

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Well, the issue of paying $16 a night fees for activities (cancelled because of Covid), wifi (very poor), cell service (very poor), etc. has kind of disappeared.

This morning I was checking Sedona availability or ii and noticed a mini-dump. I was able to retrade into the Hyatt Pinon Point on exactly the same dates as before. (I originally had ePlus, but due to Covid issues had used them up. So, for $209 I retraded. Subtracting off the $112 DRI resort fee, so my net out-of-pocket is under $90. And I get better cell service and good wifi. I'm sure that I would have been happy at the Summit. But I'm pleased with the change also.

BJRSanDiego, you post helped me switch a 2 night Sedona Summit stay which would have been about $300 (we planned a short run to Sedona during a 2 week exchange in Phoenix) to a week long, 3rd week Getaway in a 2 bdrm at Hyatt Pinon Point for $71/night! So we now have a 3 week vacation with a whole week in Sedona! Thanks for posting .

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
BJRSanDiego, you post helped me switch a 2 night Sedona Summit stay which would have been about $300 (we planned a short run to Sedona during a 2 week exchange in Phoenix) to a week long, 3rd week Getaway in a 2 bdrm at Hyatt Pinon Point for $71/night! So we now have a 3 week vacation with a whole week in Sedona! Thanks for posting .
Yes, when I looked at Getaways, I was surprised at how reasonable/low the prices were for the PP.

zentraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Four Seasons Residence Club
Yes, when I looked at Getaways, I was surprised at how reasonable/low the prices were for the PP.

I looked last week and found nothing under Getaways and ~$250/night + taxes which is one of the reasons I booked Sedona Summit. We like the resort about as much as PP, and it was half the price. But at Getaway prices PP is hard to beat given the proximity to town and the walkable good take out options.

$500 for a week at PP in early February is one of those COVID bargains that have become one of the bright spots in an otherwise dismal pandemic. We are blessed in California with a lot of very nice areas with lovely resorts that we can drive too. We miss Hawaii greatly but we are getting around California these days quite happily!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
I called the resort and was told that the internet is very spotty because they have been working on it. I asked about cell phone coverage and was told that cell phones work in some areas. I specifically asked about tmobile and the desk person said verizon works the best but even then its spotty.

What is the deal here ? Is the resort tucked into a canyon or sitting on a vortex ?

Bill

BJRSanDiego

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sands of Kahana, Desert Springs I, DSV2, Shadow Ridge Enclaves Dlx
I called the resort and was told that the internet is very spotty because they have been working on it. I asked about cell phone coverage and was told that cell phones work in some areas. I specifically asked about tmobile and the desk person said verizon works the best but even then its spotty.

What is the deal here ? Is the resort tucked into a canyon or sitting on a vortex ?

Bill
No, the resort isn't in a canyon.

The issue with Verizon is probably at the mercy of that carrier.

But the issue of poor internet connectivity is largely inexcusable. I think that it is disingenuous for them to be stating for more than 2 years that they "are working on it". There are a number of satellite providers (Viasat is the biggest and widest bandwidth) that could provide the bandwidth. The local connectivity is easily provided. I think that it is totally inexcusable for them to publish that - - year after year -- they are working on the problem. NO they are not. They are dragging their feet. Either that or they have the three stooges in charge of their IT.

So, when they want me to pay resort fees for things like internet (no there), or activities (suspended) I think that I am getting ripped off. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, the resort isn't in a canyon.

The issue with Verizon is probably at the mercy of that carrier.

But the issue of poor internet connectivity is largely inexcusable. I think that it is disingenuous for them to be stating for more than 2 years that they "are working on it". There are a number of satellite providers (Viasat is the biggest and widest bandwidth) that could provide the bandwidth. The local connectivity is easily provided. I think that it is totally inexcusable for them to publish that - - year after year -- they are working on the problem. NO they are not. They are dragging their feet. Either that or they have the three stooges in charge of their IT.

So, when they want me to pay resort fees for things like internet (no there), or activities (suspended) I think that I am getting ripped off. That leaves a bad taste in my mouth.

I think they fixed the internet and cell phone problem. I am able to stream netflix and use the internet. Our phones work fine too.

Bill

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
View from Sedona Summit as the sun set. Do you see it ?

1607215517114.png

geist1223

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark 97,000 Credits
DRI Cabo Azul 50,500
Royal Solaris San Jose del Cabo

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And if I am reading their blurbs right, so do Owners if they are renting or exchanging through a non-DRI route.

It depends. We exchanged through VI using VI points and didn't pay any resort use fee.

Bill