• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sedona Springs DRI owned / VRI managed resort ??

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am trying to figure out Sedona Springs. According to VRIresorts, they are the managemenet company for Sedona Springs. Sedona Springs is also in DRI - the DRI "The Club" documents show that DRI has 6-10 units at Sedona Springs. Does anyone know how things work at this timeshare? I'm a bit confused...

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score
The US Collection trust fund owns 424 weeks at Sedona Springs. US Collection and Club members have access to these intervals. There are 12 resorts at which the US Collection owns weeks but Diamond is not the resort's manager.

According to some old documents I've read, Sunterra acquired (perhaps built) Sedona Springs in 1997. Sunterra was the developer and the manager. Presumably intervals were put into the trust fund at that time. When Sunterra went into bankruptcy, some of their assets were sold. In the case of Sedona Springs the develper's rights and management contract went to Vacation Internationle.

PrairieGirl

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have owned at Sedona Springs since 1996. The original developer was All Seasons Resorts and our management company was VRI. Then came the “Sunterra Fiasco” as I refer to the sale of the remaining developer weeks. Sunterra was bad news. They raided our very well funded replacement fund (or whatever it is called) and used it at other properties and we ended up wil several special assessments and significantly higher MF. After Sunterra’s collapse, DRI bought them and SSR is now considered an “affiliate resort” in the DRI world. Our HOA wisely brought VRI back as the management company and things have been wonderful since. No MF increase in three years now!

bryanphunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Westin Kierland Villa
Kauai Beach Villa
Thinking of renting a week at Sedona Springs off of Redweek. I am seeing conflicting images online. Some images have nice updated flooring and furnishings. Other images have very outdated looking and tired looking accomodations. Anyone that can comment on the status of this resort would be helpful.

bryanphunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Westin Kierland Villa
Kauai Beach Villa
Thinking of renting a week at Sedona Springs off of Redweek. I am seeing conflicting images online. Some images have nice updated flooring and furnishings. Other images have very outdated looking and tired looking accomodations. Anyone that can comment on the status of this resort would be helpful.

nuwermj

TUG Member
Reaction score

Deleted. I miss read the question. Sorry.

Last edited:

Maple_Leaf

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Dunes
Hapimag
We have owned at Sedona Springs since 1996. The original developer was All Seasons Resorts and our management company was VRI. Then came the “Sunterra Fiasco” as I refer to the sale of the remaining developer weeks. Sunterra was bad news. They raided our very well funded replacement fund (or whatever it is called) and used it at other properties and we ended up wil several special assessments and significantly higher MF. After Sunterra’s collapse, DRI bought them and SSR is now considered an “affiliate resort” in the DRI world. Our HOA wisely brought VRI back as the management company and things have been wonderful since. No MF increase in three years now!
Congratulations! Sedona Springs is another resort that has successfully slipped from the clutches of DRI.

bryanphunter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Westin Kierland Villa
Kauai Beach Villa