• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sedona Questions

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are going to be in Sedona this April for 4 nights before heading to California. We will spend one entire day at the Grand Caynon and plan on going on the Broken Arrow tour.

Any tips on what else to do or tips regarding our two planned adventures?

We are looking for driving tours, easy hikes or other recommendations on sites to see. We are staying at Arroyo Robble.

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Wow, one whole day at the Grand Canyon! I don't want to jinx you but, we've had 130 plus days no rain. Do you remember the April Showers nursery rhyme? Are you taking the Pink Jeep or the Hummer Broken Arrow tour-I think the Hummer is a superior vehicle? While you're in Sedona be sure to go to the art district, Tlalapaque-I could never spell (or say) it. The Cathedral of the Rocks is a nice side trip (just east of town, towards Cottonwood. I recommend (for value) the 100 Omelette for Breakfast and Javeline Cantina for mexican food. Not too far away is Jerome (an old mining town) but, don't go if there's snow or you're afraid of heights. Just wandering downtown Sedona will take up most of a day. I suggest you start with the Trolley Tour to get your sea legs. Hmm, did you say how many of "you" were going? Montezuma's Castle is not too far away -old Sinaqua indian ruins built right into the hillside. If you're adverturous, you can always take the Oak Creek Canyon Road into Flagstaff, star gaze at the Observatory-but return via I-17. If you just want to drive like crazy the whole time, there's also the Petrified Forest. Again, I hope the weather holds for you.

derb

TUG Member
Reaction score
As you leave sedona heading towards Phoenix you will pass Los Abrigados and go across a little bridge. On the other side of the bridge the main road turns right, you turn left. Many sights going up the road, one is the cow pies trail over the red rocks.

Diane

TUG Member
Reaction score
Which company for the Broken Arrow ride?

Nightnurse -- have you done both the Pink Jeep and Hummer Broken Arrow rides? We have done Pink Jeep and loved it but will be going back this April with guests and thought we might try another company for Broken Arrow. How would you compare the two? As I remember last year Arroyo Roble was recommending yet a third outfit which we didn't try.

To remember how to say "Tlalapaque" just think "to lock your pocket."

Diane

nightnurse613

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Diane-Thanks for the tip, now if I could just learn to spell it-on the other hand I say it more than I spell it! Yes, the Pink Jeep tour is for little old ladies -like me. My 17-year-old son, on the other hand, took the Hummer tour and said it was awesome. They also have an ATV tour where you can ride ATV on the "trail". The good news for NJDave is the Arroyo Robles resort is one of the nicest on the Creek. The bad news is last year's rain practically washed it away!

pgnewarkboy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hot air baloon ride is one of the best things we ever did at any resort. You come very close to some of those red rocks. We didn't like the jeep much because it wreaked havoc on our backs. Take your time at the Vortexs and see all of them. Go to the enchantment (resort?) for lunch. Go to the church in the rock. Go to the old mining town Jerome. Take the train ride from Jerome. Go to slide rock park in oak creek canyon. Eat at one of the restaurants with an outdoor pavillion at sunset. Climb the small rock hill at the airport. There is a vortex there. Get a map from the ranger station with hiking trails. They are marked according to difficulty. Worthwhile to do a few. Visit Montezumas castle (although it has nothing to do with Montezuma) It has indegenous peoples housing built into the mountains. There are easy trails to follow. Go to the Talakapaki shopping mall. Have lunch or dinner there and enjoy the outdoor music and crafts. You can learn how to do beading there. On the way to the grand canyone going through oak creek canyon stop at a native american flea market. All original hand made stuff. There are many fine restaurants in Sedona.