• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SeaWorld banks on a little 'Street' appeal

RNCollins

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tradewinds, Divi, Quarter House, Casa Ybel
SeaWorld banks on a little ‘Street’ appeal
https://www.travelweekly.com/North-America-Travel/Insights/SeaWorld-banks-on-a-little-Street-appeal

By Holly V. Kapherr / Insights / Travel Weekly / travelweekly.com / Apr 3, 2019

“SeaWorld has been on the back foot for much of the past decade; its image has taken some devastating hits, as have its attendance and its finances. But the theme park and entertainment company is looking to make a fresh start: It has been sold, has a new management group (just hiring former Carnival Cruise Lines executive Gus Antorcha as CEO) and now is making some of the biggest changes ever to its Orlando park. The latest news: the opening of Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando, a six-acre land with 11 attractions that feature the characters from the landmark Children's Television Workshop show.

The partnership between SeaWorld and Sesame Street stretches more than 40 years; Sesame Street characters have been appearing in SeaWorld's other parks long before this area opened in Orlando on March 27. But the new park area, which coincides with the show's 50th anniversary, takes that relationship to another level.

"The core values of Sesame Street and the core values of SeaWorld are one and the same," said Amanda Trauger, creative manager for theme park development at SeaWorld, who spoke to me via phone on opening day. "Adults will love the nostalgia of seeing characters and sets they loved as kids, and children will love watching their favorite characters and scenes come to life in a fully immersive way."

Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando is a re-creation of the "Sesame Street" sets, complete with Mr. Hooper's store, the stoop at apartment building 123, Oscar's trash can and Big Bird's nest. Guests can enter these sets and interact with the characters. In addition, there are attractions such as Big Bird's Twirl 'N' Whirl (similar to the Disney teacups ride), Cookie Monster's Cookie Drop (think of the Frog Hopper ride seen at many amusement parks) and an interactive scavenger hunt train ride hosted by everybody's favorite furry red monster, Elmo. Admission is included with the regular park admission....”

EB605368-8685-4A33-BD31-66E3489306E3.jpeg

Super Grover's Boxcar Derby rollercoaster, one of the 11 new rides and attractions that make up Sesame Street at SeaWorld Orlando.
Photo provided by Travel Weekly

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
We just got back from San Diego , went to Sea World, noted the presence of Sesame Street at the park. Didn't know it has been joined for 40 years , but definatly is being highlighted.

We have gone probably 9 times or so over the past 30 years
Had one in Ohio made it very convenient for us , closed now.

Noticed also highlighting all the work saving local animals.

Was an awesome visit, the shows were incredible! One of our favorite places to go

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We went to Seaworld San Diego for two March break periods in a row on annual passes. I was pretty disappointed with a number of changes compared to last year.

1) 10:00 AM opening now means no scanning tickets until 10. Last year they started scanning at 9:30 and the touch pools were open.

2) Most of the park, including sesame Street land and the majority of the animal exhibits didn't actually open until 10:40. Last year it all opened at 10. That made the first 40 minutes very crowded at the limited stuff that was open.

3) Sesame Street characters now weekends only vs every day last year. Made for much longer lines.

4) Many of the larger/favorite rides opening later. Riptide reef now opening at noon.

5) less showings of shows. Sea Lions live and the Dolphin Stadium show only 1x/day on weekdays as compared to 2x/day last year. Made them very crowded, standing rim only. Needed to arrive much sooner before starting to get a decent seat.

6) skyride and tower are now $5 each on top of park admission .

7) the performing pets show was cancelled, which appears to be a permanent change from the signage/maps.

For us the combined changes meant a lot of extra time spent standing in lines/waitng around, and significantly less value in a visit.

It was very noticeable the change, and as we we the same week both times (last week of March) doesn't seem likely to be a seasonal change.

Interestingly, we went to Legoland directly after on both trips. This year the lines for Legoland were much shorter.

Last edited:

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I always thought Sea World required too much planning in order to see all the shows. If you don't plan your day you could end up missing something. There was even a time they gave you a suggested route to follow based on when you arrived so you could see all the shows.

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I always thought Sea World required too much planning in order to see all the shows. If you don't plan your day you could end up missing something. There was even a time they gave you a suggested route to follow based on when you arrived so you could see all the shows.

I think Seaworld is a two day park if you want to see all the shows (which are worth doing). We did 3 days, because my kids like to repeat the rides and will spend an hour feeding/watching the sea lions.

Actually, another thing I missed was the pets show. It was performing last year, but was cancelled this year. My kids really enjoyed it, but it definitely was for younger kids, imo.

sfwilshire

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tristram's Landing, Tree Tops Gatlinburg, Mystic Dunes, Sheraton Vistana Spas & Fountains
I think Seaworld is a two day park if you want to see all the shows (which are worth doing). We did 3 days, because my kids like to repeat the rides and will spend an hour feeding/watching the sea lions.

Actually, another thing I missed was the pets show. It was performing last year, but was cancelled this year. My kids really enjoyed it, but it definitely was for younger kids, imo.

My favorite show! Sorry to hear it's gone.

Sheila