• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 27 years!

    Join tens of thousands of other owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered!
  • TUG started 28 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

    Check out our happy birthday post here: Happy Birthday TUG!
  • TUG is asking for recent reviews of older resorts, earn a free year membership!

    Read more here
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $17,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

    Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $17 Million dollars
  • Follow the TUG Member Banner as it travels the world on vacation with Timeshare owners! Also sign up to get the banner sent to you so you can submit a photo of your vacation with the banner to share with TUG! Banner Thread
  • Sign up to get the TUG Newsletter for free! Join tens of thousands of other owners who get this every week! Latest resort reviews and the most important topics discussed by owners during the week!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

    Read more Here
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seaview in Galloway NJ - Trade Value?

njzees

Guest
Joined
Dec 29, 2007
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
1
Location
NJ
We are looking at a resale of a 2 BR unit at Seaview in NJ. It is for a platinum week. Can anyone tell me what the trading value is on this unit? I realize that we won't be able to trade into Frenchman's for Christmas week, for example, but would like to get a better idea of what to expect as we have no interest of actually spending our week there.
Thanks!:hi:
 

LUVourMarriotts

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
1,554
Reaction score
104
Points
274
Location
Apex, NC (The Peak of Good Living)
Resorts Owned
MFV (P) 2002
MSU (G) 2006
MOW (P) 2018
Enrolled in DP +++
We've owned a platinum week at MFV since 2002. We have received every exchange we've requested. We always plan in advance and usually request 1 year to 10 months in advance. We have exchanged to: Aruba Surf Club (platinum time), Grande Vista (Gold time), Manor Club (platinum time), Barony Beach (platinum time). We currently have a request in for OceanWatch. This has been our longest wait for confirmation, and it's been about 3 months since we placed the request. You also get an AC for every Platinum deposit.

I'd also not count out ever going to MFV. It's a great place and the golfing is great. Lots to do within driving distance too.
 

alr

TUG Member
Joined
Nov 12, 2008
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
Points
211
Location
Chicago
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Frenchmans Cove
Just Curious

How far out does the average trade confirm?

I am currently very discouraged with the II system...as BRAND NEW platinum Frenchmans Cove owners I thought it would be easy to exchange into a high season ski week in Breck at the end of March 09. The request went in 10 months in advance and we sat on it until this Oct with no luck. I then changed the request to a non-marriott property in Boyne Michigan that we can drive to so we do not need to coordinate flights. We are still waiting on our confirmation for this resort and booked a $2600 backup reservation just in case our trade does not go through. Is this what everyone else does? It's frustrating to find great prices on flights but not have a confirmation yet at the resort.

Any trading tips would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I need to be a little more patient.
 

stevens397

TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
808
Reaction score
0
Points
16
Location
NJ
First year we owned, we traded into Shadow Ridge for President's Week. Requested 6 months in advance and got confirmed four months in advance.

Tried Lake Tahoe Marriott for the summer and had to give up the search before we matched. Switched to a non-Marriott and were confirmed immediately.

Summer 2007 we requested almost a year ahead for Marbella in July and got confirmed in February. Finally, requested Newport Coast for next summer. Made the request 11 months in advance and were confirmed for the last week in June within 2 days!

Fairway Villas was our first timeshare purchase and was, to me, a mistake. We have no desire to ever go there and got caught up in the presentation. That said, lately we've done very well.
 

sernow

TUG Member
Joined
Dec 8, 2006
Messages
405
Reaction score
0
Points
226
Location
South Jersey
How far out does the average trade confirm?

I am currently very discouraged with the II system...as BRAND NEW platinum Frenchmans Cove owners I thought it would be easy to exchange into a high season ski week in Breck at the end of March 09. The request went in 10 months in advance and we sat on it until this Oct with no luck. I then changed the request to a non-marriott property in Boyne Michigan that we can drive to so we do not need to coordinate flights. We are still waiting on our confirmation for this resort and booked a $2600 backup reservation just in case our trade does not go through. Is this what everyone else does? It's frustrating to find great prices on flights but not have a confirmation yet at the resort.

Any trading tips would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I need to be a little more patient.
You may want to consider renting your Frenchmans Cove week. I think you would come out ahead monetarily by renting FC out, and then just renting what you want.
 

gmarine

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Joined
Jun 6, 2005
Messages
4,304
Reaction score
17
Points
273
How far out does the average trade confirm?

I am currently very discouraged with the II system...as BRAND NEW platinum Frenchmans Cove owners I thought it would be easy to exchange into a high season ski week in Breck at the end of March 09. The request went in 10 months in advance and we sat on it until this Oct with no luck. I then changed the request to a non-marriott property in Boyne Michigan that we can drive to so we do not need to coordinate flights. We are still waiting on our confirmation for this resort and booked a $2600 backup reservation just in case our trade does not go through. Is this what everyone else does? It's frustrating to find great prices on flights but not have a confirmation yet at the resort.

Any trading tips would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I need to be a little more patient.

Regardless of where you own, Breckenridge in March is among the most difficult trades. Most owners buy to use at that location so there arent a lot of units deposited with II. If you expand your request to include other western ski areas or expand your dates you will have a much better chance of getting your request.
 
Top