• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Seaside Consultants

jmstax

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hilton Grand Vacation
Is anyone here familiar with Seaside Consultants. seasideconsultants.com, they claim they can cancel the timeshare mortgage and maintenance fees. Using a Dallas TX lawyer, credit bureau rating stop from not paying Mortgage, and about 6 mos to 1 year process with end result showing no payment due and paid as agreed in credit report. I know there are so many scammers out there and have paid one already, SellMyTimeshare too much for a partial website ad (I could have done that!) so wanted to reach out here and see if anyone is familiar with THIS group. They do have BBB A+ rating, with several positive reviews.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
There is no such thing as a magic want to get you out of a contracted mortgage that you signed (and are outside the rescission period) unless you have proof of fraud and then a good lawyer can help. If you just don't want to pay or there was fraud but you have no proof then it doesn't matter what the company's name is they really don't have any tools at their disposal than you or anyone else. Likely they will take thousands from you. Write a letter or two to the HOA and/or management company asking to release you and saying you won't pay anymore. Advise you to stop paying. Perhaps write a letter to the credit bureau saying why it shouldn't effect your credit and then wait for the timeshare hoa or loan company to either offer a deed in lieu of foreclosure or to foreclose. Companies have good ratings because they have shill reviews and when the bad reviews start to come in they close down, change their name and then start again.

Ellie23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas
Is anyone here familiar with Seaside Consultants. seasideconsultants.com, they claim they can cancel the timeshare mortgage and maintenance fees. Using a Dallas TX lawyer, credit bureau rating stop from not paying Mortgage, and about 6 mos to 1 year process with end result showing no payment due and paid as agreed in credit report. I know there are so many scammers out there and have paid one already, SellMyTimeshare too much for a partial website ad (I could have done that!) so wanted to reach out here and see if anyone is familiar with THIS group. They do have BBB A+ rating, with several positive reviews.
I am not personally familiar with seaside consultant, but I dealt with another timeshare exit company (US Consumer Attorneys). 4 years ago they took my money up front. Wrote a cease and desist letter to Grandview and claimed i was released from the timeshare since Grandview did not respond. I have still been getting yearly maintenance fee charges and been sent to collection due to non payment. The exit company refuses to do anything else and continues to insist I am free from the timeshare despite constantly collections. Don't fall for a timeshare exit company. They are just as fraudulent as TS itself.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am not personally familiar with seaside consultant, but I dealt with another timeshare exit company (US Consumer Attorneys). 4 years ago they took my money up front. Wrote a cease and desist letter to Grandview and claimed i was released from the timeshare since Grandview did not respond. I have still been getting yearly maintenance fee charges and been sent to collection due to non payment. The exit company refuses to do anything else and continues to insist I am free from the timeshare despite constantly collections. Don't fall for a timeshare exit company. They are just as fraudulent as TS itself.

The number one thing here on TUG is to NEVER pay anyone up front money to get rid of your Timeshare. Once they get your money they just disappear. They will do nothing for you and you're still stuck with the Timeshare.

The best thing for you to do is to pay off the loan and give it away for nothing since most Timeshares are worth little or nothing (as I'm sure you found out).

Ellie23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas
The number one thing here on TUG is to NEVER pay anyone up front money to get rid of your Timeshare. Once they get your money they just disappear. They will do nothing for you and you're still stuck with the Timeshare.

The best thing for you to do is to pay off the loan and give it away for nothing since most Timeshares are worth little or nothing (as I'm sure you found out).

Unfortunately I am unable to pay it off. I reluctantly signed the contract with my ex who is the one that actually wanted the timeshare. Now we are no longer together and he lives in another state. He refuses to make any payments towards the timeshare and each time we default on the MF I am the only one sent to collections. Sadly I think my only option is to allow it to go to foreclosure (if that ever happens) and completely ruin my credit. I've tried to do research in different threads to see what's happened to other people who have gone into foreclosure, but haven't had much luck. It's a very terrifying thing as I have great credit right now but I'm just awaiting the inevitable.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am unable to pay it off. I reluctantly signed the contract with my ex who is the one that actually wanted the timeshare. Now we are no longer together and he lives in another state. He refuses to make any payments towards the timeshare and each time we default on the MF I am the only one sent to collections. Sadly I think my only option is to allow it to go to foreclosure (if that ever happens) and completely ruin my credit. I've tried to do research in different threads to see what's happened to other people who have gone into foreclosure, but haven't had much luck. It's a very terrifying thing as I have great credit right now but I'm just awaiting the inevitable.

It's not entirely clear to me from your post, but *if* there is still an outstanding loan balance associated withy this timeshare, then a "closing company" (whether LTT or anyone else) is not going to be able to assist you at all until / unless ownership and title is free and clear. You won't find any "grantee" anywhere willing to pay off loan debt and / or pay for past due maintenance fees, when there are always so many "clean" timeshares readily available for very little money (or even for free).

The potential good news here is that if you are in the UK, a seemingly inevitable default may not subsequently result in a negative credit report "across the pond".

Last edited:

Ellie23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas
It's not entirely clear to me from your post, but if there is still an outstanding loan balance, then a "closing company" (whether LTT or anyone else) is not going to be able to assist you at all until / unless ownership and title is free and clear. You won't find any "grantee" willing to pay off your debt and / or pay for any maintenance fees already in arrears, when there are always so many timeshares available for very little money (or for free).

The potential good news here is that if you are in the UK, seemingly inevitable default may not subsequently result in a negative credit report "across the pond".
Thank you. I am aware that I am unable to sell without it being paid off, but I appreciate you letting me know. Haha I wish I lived in the UK or another country for that same reason but unfortunately I'm in the US where it will very much ruin my credit.

theo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Haha I wish I lived in the UK or another country for that same reason but unfortunately I'm in the US where it will very much ruin my credit.

Sorry, I somehow mixed up posters seeking to part with a timeshare; the other one apparently being in the UK. My bad.

Don't despair, however. If you default you may very well take a credit score "hit", but it won't "ruin" your credit. Reports from others range from no impact at all to 50 to (maximum) 150 points drop in credit score. Moreover, many (maybe most) lenders tend to recognize any "problem" having to do with developer-direct timeshares as a "one time, forgivable mistake". If the rest of your credit history shows a responsible pattern of payments, that "timeshare mistake" will likely be regarded as an unfortunate anomaly and won't necessarily be a show stopper for you in the future. Any such "mark" can also be removed entirely after 7 years; it's not the end of the world.

Last edited:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't fall for a timeshare exit company. They are just as fraudulent as TS itself.

Yes, that's the mantra many here on TUG have been touting for years. There are other cheaper and more effective ways to get rid of a TS.

As for the second part of your post that I quoted, I wouldn't necessarily say TSs are fraudulent. They're just way overpriced if you buy them from the developer.

Ellie23

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview at Las Vegas
Yes, that's the mantra many here on TUG have been touting for years. There are other cheaper and more effective ways to get rid of a TS.

As for the second part of your post that I quoted, I wouldn't necessarily say TSs are fraudulent. They're just way overpriced if you buy them from the developer.
I won't agree or disagree with your statement of TS being fraudulent. I just had a very bad experience with getting sucked into mine. There were definetly lies spoken during the presentation and high pressure. And yea as you mentioned buying from the developer is WAY overpriced.

As for the cheaper and more effective ways to get rid of a timeshare, would you care to share some of your advice?

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
Unfortunately I am unable to pay it off. I reluctantly signed the contract with my ex who is the one that actually wanted the timeshare. Now we are no longer together and he lives in another state. He refuses to make any payments towards the timeshare and each time we default on the MF I am the only one sent to collections.

I'm assuming you and your ex both signed and are co-owners. If you are, why not call (or go on Resorts's website) and do an address change on your account to you ex's address...

George