• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Searching for short words or multiple word sequences?

abdibile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi,

The search function seems to exclude words with below 4 letters from the search, correct?

Is there a way to search for Interval International three letter resort abbreviations?

And how do I search for resort names like "Summer Bay" or "Villa del Sol" when Bay, del and Sol is excluded from the search? Putting quotation marks around them seems not to work then the board searches for these quotation marks.

Thanks for your help!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
TugImprovements,

I knew the Tug Search function has some limitations. I didn't know about the tip you suggested with the Google search engine.

Thanks so much! It worked great for finding previous Tug threads on the Direct Buy membership club that I wasn't able to locate with the Tug Search feature.

Richard

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Holey freakin' cow. You guys never cease to amaze me. I had no idea you could externally search with Google into a single site like that. How very cool!

Thanks!

Dave

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ive been trying to find a way to add the google search box to the top of the forum and replace the existing "search" box with it....so that it would by default search through google vs using the clunky builtin vbulletin search...but sadly those types of google searches throw up some really crappy ads in the mix with the search results...it just didnt look right.

still searching for a better solution however!

intromaster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why not just include at least 3 letter searches since all the resorts have a 3 letter code anyway?

Sheraton PGA brings up all the sheratons but no "Sheraton PGA"

sucks

-Mike

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
im actually in the process of creating a page that will make this much easier to search the forums and or the rest of TUG for terms like this (uses google)

once the page is up ill post a link and we can make it a sticky!

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
ok...lets try this out for size shall we?

http://tug2.net/Global_TUG_Search.html

This page will let you type in any word, term, phrase, question, whatever...and will return results from ONLY tug2.net, timeshare-users-group.com and here on tugbbs.com

hopefully this will provide far easier searches for those of you trying to scour thousands of pages here on the forums for answers!

Jestjoan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great

Thank you very much.