• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Searching for a rental week at Bonnet Creek methods

truckinusa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
What is the best way to find a 1 bedroom week for rent [dates redacted] at Bonnet Creek? I see a few weeks on ebay, but not exactly what I want.

Last edited by a moderator:

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
Given Wyndham's crackdown on renters and the fact that is during an Owner Priority Period at BC (and pretty much the most in demand time to visit WDW), I'm not sure you will have much success.

truckinusa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Given Wyndham's crackdown on renters and the fact that is during an Owner Priority Period at BC (and pretty much the most in demand time to visit WDW), I'm not sure you will have much success.
Are there lesser known alternatives that may not be as much in demand? I think I was lucky and spoiled by the dip in prices due to COVID.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Orlando is littered with timeshare resorts: just in the hotel brands, there are a half-dozen Marriotts, another four or five Hiltons, and a couple of Sheraton/Vistanas. Browsing either the TUG marketplace or Redweek should turn up something. It won't be COVID-cheap, but you'll find something.

truckinusa

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
Orlando is littered with timeshare resorts: just in the hotel brands, there are a half-dozen Marriotts, another four or five Hiltons, and a couple of Sheraton/Vistanas. Browsing either the TUG marketplace or Redweek should turn up something. It won't be COVID-cheap, but you'll find something.
I did find a bonnet creek week in Redweek for $1000 from 12/10-12/17. I guess I need to become an owner lol. I have a small family. There is only 3 of us.

scootr5

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista, Wyndham (points and Avenue Plaza Mardi Gras week)
I suspect that the days of the ultra cheap Wyndham rentals are no longer.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I did find a bonnet creek week in Redweek for $1000 from 12/10-12/17. I guess I need to become an owner lol. I have a small family. There is only 3 of us.
Becoming an owner is a personal preference. In my opinion, you really need to plan 6-10 months in advance or be flexible about where you are going, what room you book, and when you go. If you are a last minute planner with not a lot of flexibility, I would not recommend becoming an owner. If you do buy, look on the resale market. If you decide you want to be VIP later, you have to buy direct from Wyndham for that, and it cost significantly more then points on eBay that do not count towards VIP status. It may still be cheaper to rent from an owner if you can only book last minute. Especially if it's within the discount and upgrade window.

There are Facebook groups that are for people looking to rent out reservations.

As far as less popular options, there is Star Island. If you book there, call the resort and ask them to make a note on your reservation that you would like to be in building 23. Star island can be hit or miss on quality. The Wyndham managed units are great. I know at least some of them are in building 23. Cypress Palms is nice, but pretty quiet with less to do onsite. They do have heated pools. I know Reunion is nice, but they are further away and are all three bedrooms. Those will likley cost more then a one bedroom at Cypress Palms.

WManning

Reaction score
I suspect that the days of the ultra cheap Wyndham rentals are no longer.
Helps owners book for personal use. I feel availability increased on desirable dates and units when Wyndam started to enforce rules.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hox