• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Search Working?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Anytime I try to search with abound, I get the following error message:

1669905922165.png

I've seen a few reports of people having issues, but a few reports of successful booking.

Can anyone confirm if it's working for them?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
It’s working for me.

BigDawgTUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Working for me. Close out your browser entirely - not just the MVC tab. Then reopen, and log back on. Works for me most of the time.

craigc

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got that first thing this am. I logged out and back in and instead of searching for multiple places I searched one at a time and had no issues.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks!

Sadly, I have my suspicions that this is just me. Not looking forward to the process to get this resolved:

I own Marriott weeks, and my Westin Kierland weeks were added. Prior to yesterday I would get the same error (below) when searching points inventory. I assumed that this was because I didn't actually have points and the system wasn't live yet.

I was finally able to elect points, but sadly got the same error:

{"statusCode":500,"errorCode":"SYSTEM_EXCEPTION","message":"Fatal Error Getting Owner Eligibility Search Criteria. Please check the logs","requestId":"021d1a818ea5-2c29-4b46-04d01f8699ae"}

My suspicion is that the system is confused and is using my weeks ownership (which doesn't have access) to try to search rather than my Westin weeks -- or something else specific to just my account.

Bdw17

Reaction score
I’m having similar issue

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
"Buy more points from us, you can just log on and reserve whenever and wherever you want. The flexibility is well worth the cost." --MVC Salespeople.

PlayInTheDirt

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm getting that error too. I logged into MVC yesterday for the first time in a while, so I don't know how long it has been broken for me. I have a small number of DC points (purchased this year as points). I also have some WKV weeks, though my Vistana account and my Marriott account don't seem to be connected in any way yet - at least not that I've been able to see. If anyone had any suggestions on whether I should attempt to tell someone about either issue (search error or trying to connect accounts), and if so who(m?), I'm all ears. Thanks.