• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sea Gardens vs Santa Barbara vs PalmAire

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Good morning.

Doing a reservation at ten months and my favorite - Royal Vista - is fully booked. What is best option at Pompano Beach area between the other three resorts?

Ocean access is nice but not the most important. Looking for well maintained and updated rooms.

Thanks
Wes.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I'd probably go with Santa Barbara. Most all rooms will have a decent view and the pool and hot tub are hardly used. Plus you can still of course walk to your favorite spot. For me Palm Aire is for kids or golfers so it would be last on the list.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like Ocean front. Just stayed at Palm aire 3 weeks ago. Very nice resort but not much within walking distance. I would recommend ocean front for the convenience of being able to walk to nearby restaurants. If you stay at Palm Aire you can park for free at any of the ocean front resorts.

cbyrne1174

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Marriott, DVC
100% resale!!
I would stay at Santa Barbara if you want a 1 bedroom or Studio. The units are huge. A 1 bedroom is 1200 sq feet and a studio is 600 sq feet with a full kitchen. The 1 bedrooms have 2 balconies and can sleep 6.

Palm aire is the cheapest with points. If you stay there, avoid royal and queen palm buildings; they're old. If you want a studio deluxe with an ocean view on the beach, I would stay at Sea Gardens for that reason only. Other than that, I'd use sea gardens as last resort because it's old.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
Good morning.

Doing a reservation at ten months and my favorite - Royal Vista - is fully booked. What is best option at Pompano Beach area between the other three resorts?

Ocean access is nice but not the most important. Looking for well maintained and updated rooms.

Thanks
Wes.

If your flexible I might be able to help you out. I have arp at Royal Vista that I wont be using next winter. I'll be booking a Hawaii trip starting 10 months from tomorrow. I can book for you and you can book for me? Just a thought. No rental, just a thought. Might work out.

wjappraise

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If your flexible I might be able to help you out. I have arp at Royal Vista that I wont be using next winter. I'll be booking a Hawaii trip starting 10 months from tomorrow. I can book for you and you can book for me? Just a thought. No rental, just a thought. Might work out.

Thanks. That’s very nice of you to offer. However I think the ARP won’t help at this point. I need December 27-January 3. One two bedroom unit. And one one bedroom unit. Nothing shows available for me. My Reciprocal ARP should allow me to book one. But nothing shows leading me to believe that popular week is already sold out.

Wes.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
Thanks. That’s very nice of you to offer. However I think the ARP won’t help at this point. I need December 27-January 3. One two bedroom unit. And one one bedroom unit. Nothing shows available for me. My Reciprocal ARP should allow me to book one. But nothing shows leading me to believe that popular week is already sold out.

Wes.

I’ve heard some people say that the people on the phone could find availability when the website showed no availability. It might be worth a try.

chapjim

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil

Wes.

That;s weird! There is availability either side of that week. Weeks starting December 19 and January 2 are available.

P.S.: To OP's question, I'd opt for Santa Barbara for just my wife and me. Add more (and younger) people and the answer may change.

What I don't know how the condo next door has affected Santa Barbara. How much of Santa Barbara's facility is now in shade and for how much of the day?

Last edited:

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
I would stay at Santa Barbara if you want a 1 bedroom or Studio. The units are huge. A 1 bedroom is 1200 sq feet and a studio is 600 sq feet with a full kitchen. The 1 bedrooms have 2 balconies and can sleep 6.

Palm aire is the cheapest with points. If you stay there, avoid royal and queen palm buildings; they're old. If you want a studio deluxe with an ocean view on the beach, I would stay at Sea Gardens for that reason only. Other than that, I'd use sea gardens as last resort because it's old.
What's odd about Santa Barbara is rooms are huge but no washer and dryer in 1 bedroom deluxe.

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham VIPF & PresRes, HVC/DRI (Gold), Quarter House (4), Resort on Cocoa Beach (2), HGVC Tuscany Village, HGVC South Beach-McAlpin, HGVC Parc Soleil
What's odd about Santa Barbara is rooms are huge but no washer and dryer in 1 bedroom deluxe.

No washer/dryer in any of the units at Santa Barbara.

joestein

TUG Member
Reaction score
My opinion.... Palm Aire is the nicest resort of the three. However, instead of being on the ocean or across the street, it is about 20 minutes inland. It is also located in a very bad neighborhood. However the resort itself is very nice. Great pools and a lot of activities, at least when I use to go there.

dgalati

TUG Member
Reaction score
My opinion.... Palm Aire is the nicest resort of the three. However, instead of being on the ocean or across the street, it is about 20 minutes inland. It is also located in a very bad neighborhood. However the resort itself is very nice. Great pools and a lot of activities, at least when I use to go there.
I did not feel safe walking around at night outside of the Palm Aire gates especially at night. Very secure on premises with security.

Last edited:

raygo123

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes you should have better luck at exactly 11 months.most of the units in pompano Beach are deeded. This year is the first time I could not book Sea garden at 13 months for 10 days to two weeks mid February. Had to style for Royal Vista for 10 days. I will be back attempting to book Sea garden for two weeks midnight at 11 months.

Sent from my Lenovo TB-X103F using Tapatalk

chapjim

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

liquidmas

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have stayed at Palm Aire and Sea Gardens. Palm Aire offers more at resort, pools, hot tubs, sauna. Room had just been renovated so it was immaculate. Sea gardens is in a much better location. I stayed in Key West building at Sea Gardens and felt the rooms were at Wyndhams standard. Beach access was just a walk across the street. Real easy and there is a crosswalk. My only negative about Sea Gardens is that the HOA rules require pool and hot tubs close at 7pm. I would stay at Sea Gardens again but want to stay at Royal Vista next trip to Pompano.