• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SDO Trading Power

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations! Ideally the Resale Information Sheet should have been requested prior to bidding. If you can put the purchase on a credit card as that would give you a bit more protection should something go sideways (I'm guessing there are small amounts at stake here). Process should be relatively quick as there is no ROFR at SDO.
I picked it up for $3.25 so no, not a lot at stake. When I do pay my winning bit does that obligate me to take the unit even if the estoppel sheet show something different than was advertised?

Thanks all again

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
I picked it up for $3.25 so no, not a lot at stake. When I do pay my winning bit does that obligate me to take the unit even if the estoppel sheet show something different than was advertised?

Thanks all again

No

SteelerGal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, HPP, Bay Club
Is it the season different or unit? Or name? I have purchased SDO off of EBay.

SDO official name is Sottsdale Pinnacle Condominiums.

Last edited:

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is it the season different or unit? Or name? I have purchased SDO off of EBay.

SDO official name is Sottsdale Pinnacle Condominiums.
This was my first ebay timeshare purchase and I didn't know I was supposed to get the estoppel before bidding. I don't think anything is wrong but I just want to verify the unit. Thanks!

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
No much that can go wrong with an SDO 1-52 purchase. You’d just want to ensure you’re not picking up one of the lower season deeds that exist and that the number of bedrooms is actually as described.

I’ve seen some eBay auctions where someone tried putting a 1BR And Premium 1 BR together to call it a 2BR.

toddvb20

TUG Member
Reaction score
What is a lower season deed? I was going to use it as a trader so I thought the deeded week didn’t really matter. The week is 27. Thanks for the help.

grgs

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SDO, WLR, So Cal Beach Club
What's the unit number?

SDO was originally sold as 1-52 float. When Starwood took over, the remaining inventory was sold in three seasons:

Platinum: weeks 1-21, 50-52
Gold: 22-27, 36-49
Silver: 28-35

If what you bought is deeded to one of these units, you have a gold unit:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...wood-take-over-sdo-and-sbp.70006/#post-512371

I wouldn't recommend getting a gold or silver unit. Platinum units are great if you're thinking of requalifying.