• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SDO Reservation Advice

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have owned a floating EOY Even SDO week for years and have never been there. It's a floating season (weeks 1-52) small 1 bedroom. I was hoping to use it for Spring Training in 2022. Any advice on when or how to make a reservation for that very popular time period? How likely is it to get a week?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Figure out the earliest week you may want and get online midnight exactly 12 months. If you don't get what you want try again for Saturday and Sunday and if you still have no luck try the same the next week if it fits your schedule.

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
Book online at vistana.com at 12 months out.
SDO spring training is popular, but you should be able to get a reservation at the 10-12 month timeframe. I still see some March 2021 reservations available now

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I have owned a floating EOY Even SDO week for years and have never been there. It's a floating season (weeks 1-52) small 1 bedroom. I was hoping to use it for Spring Training in 2022. Any advice on when or how to make a reservation for that very popular time period? How likely is it to get a week?
Havent monitored SDO but do check WKV frequently as we are owners there.

March is usually ZERO availability at WKV if you don't reserve at midnight at 12-Months.
Rarely do I see something pop-up at 8-Months.

Checked SDO and still see availability for Mar-2021. This year [checking 2021] could be different given COVID, however, WKV is till ZERO for Mar-2021.
Others who monitor SDO maybe able to give you a better indication of availability.

jabberwocky

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVR, SDO, WKORV-N, Westin Flex, HGVC (BLVD)
Usually you have to be on right at the 12 month mark at SDO as well. I have a plat unit so that helps, but others have complained extensively.
2021 is very strange. I was able to get a March reservation at SDO using SO which is a backup in case Hawaii is still locked down.

tahoeJoe

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the advice. Question, does "midnight" refer to midnight Arizona time? New York time? or California (my home) time?

- TJ

schenriq

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for all the advice. Question, does "midnight" refer to midnight Arizona time? New York time? or California (my home) time?

- TJ

Like needvaca said, it's midnight ET or 9PM in your NorCal time. I will actually do the search 5min or so prior to midnight/9pm and then hit reserve right when midnight/9pm strikes. March availability for Gold+ (1-52 deeded) weeks usually lasts about 15min past midnight/9pm. Longer for Platinum weeks. YMMV.

Ski-Dad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Grandview LV - Vacation Villages
Personal experience, and I own the same unit. You will need to book 365 days out for Spring Training. 364 days you are SOL.

I have 2021 Spring Training. I am in Canada and will likely not use spring 2021 with travel restrictions and the public health disaster in the USA continuing. I will likely release my Sping 2021 week..