• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Screwed again!

TerryBear

Reaction score
I just found out that RCI is limiting how many points you can use for RCI point partners, from what I was told if you tranfer, say, 150,000 points in a year, you can only use 50,000 points with points partners , to fly , to rent a car, or etc. We have millions of points, that we could tranfer any time, they now seem worthless. If we used the 50,000 points to fly with, what are we going to use the other 100,000 points for that are now banked at RCI and we will have to pay to have tranfered to another year!? How many vacations can you take in a year? RCI has already screwed with just our resort earlier this year, but now it effects all of you! Terry:mad:

sjschuster

TUG Member
Reaction score
Points Partners changed on Dec 10, 2008

Yep, I agree. Was discussed last month when several of us received notification. Fortunately, I was able to use over 100k points for airfare before the Dec 10 deadline. Actually, you are only able to use 33% of the points that you get from your actual points resort, and no point from PFD if that is your source of points (as was mine).

Here is the link to the previous discussion.

http://www.tugbbs.com/forums/showthread.php?t=86371

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Another perspective on this, ...

... for years a small minority of us were warning that RCI always called the Points for Deposit program a special incentive program that could be discontinued at any time. The majority of posters would say, don't worry, they will never end this program.

Guess what? While they didn't end it, they limited its use to mainly exchanges for timeshares.

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
I dumped my RCI points membership a few months ago. I'll dump my weeks ownership as soon as my membership runs out. I'll probably keep my II ownership to trade for marriotts through my worldmark membership for the time being. But even that is iffy, as ebay rentals are almost cheaper.

TerryBear

Reaction score
Another perspective on this, ...

... for years a small minority of us were warning that RCI always called the Points for Deposit program a special incentive program that could be discontinued at any time. The majority of posters would say, don't worry, they will never end this program.

Guess what? While they didn't end it, they limited its use to mainly exchanges for timeshares.

Acording to RCI they can change any thing at any time, because of the subject to change clause, and any body that sells you a time share should know this, thats what RCI told me!!! And they said any body that sells you a timeshare is the one in default if RCI changes things for the worse, not RCI. To me point partners is worhtless. RCI sold point partners, travel scape or what every they call it, and the new Co coming up short, so thus the cut backs, so we are screwed .Terry