• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scottsdale: Villa Mirage or Links

Dorothy

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Pinestead Reef, Players Club HH, Mountainside VIllas, Legacy Spas
Both have 2bd units avail for time period I'm interested in. Traveling as 2 couples. Which would you choose and why. None of us golf, but like to swim. Any fees different from one to the other? i.e. Internet charges/wifi available, etc.

Also which buildings or units to be close to pool.

zinger1457

Reaction score
I've stayed in both places but only in the 1BR. They are both Diamond Resorts and charge for internet ($7/day or $30/week), it's through ATT so if you already have a wi-fi account with them you could probably avoid the charges. Didn't really feel there was much difference between the two. The Links is closer to Scottsdale airport flight path but I never found the noise to be an issue inside the units, you will get some of the noise if out by the pool. The Links appears to be converted apartment units, they have huge walkin closets in the bedroom. The Mirage is more like your traditional timeshare unit, the 2BR appears to be a combination 1BR and studio lookoff. The Links has a nicer fitness center, if that's important to you, and a new pool/BBQ area. It's probably the reason I would pick the Links if cost and availability are the same. They both will give a hard sell when you checkin to go to a presentation and the presentation itself is a very hard sell. They usually offer a $100 gift card and a free 2 night stay.

aandmrun

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Links in 2009 and found them to be very spacious and comfortable. We had a 3 bedroom unit and it really is like an apartment. Nice patio, spacious living/dining area and private bedrooms.

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Both are fine

I have stayed at both quite a few times. They aren't that far away from each other. The Links are larger and they are really like condos. I have been in the 2 and 3 bedroom units and they are huge. Great for two couples. If you are not really going to be staying at the resort that much for activities, then the Links would be great.

The Scottsdale Village Mirage is nice too. They have recently upgraded their rooms. They have activities that they do as well but not a lot. I was just there last summer and can't remember if the internet was free or not. This property is also near lots of restaurants and a mall. Actually they both are.

Can't go wrong with either. However, I like the Village Mirage because it costs less points and when I have the kids, there are more things for them to do.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
I stayed at Villa Mirage 2 years ago, I thoroughly enjoyed it. I drove over to Links and looked at it from the outside, it didn't think it looked as nice. But I didn't see any interiors, so maybe it's just as nice there.

Jeff

LynnW

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
We looked at a unit at Scottsdale Links in Nov and it was very nice. Dorothy you mentioned that you like to swim. When we stayed at Villa Mirage a few years ago the pool was really crowded and you could never find a lounge chair. It was in March so a lot of local owners were using the facilities which didn't help. The new pool at Scottsdale Links looked larger and they also have an adults only pool.

Lynn