• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scottsdale Resale

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Anybody have any experience with Scottsdale resale? I have a message from Customer Support from several years ago that lists it in the same category as South Beach, Smoky Mountains, and Lake Geneva, but I have a pending transfer that shows it as non-club with my Desert Club resale. The ownership is UDI like Lake Geneva.

Thanks,

Scott

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
I looked through the site and found some previous confirmation that Scottsdale resale is not part of the club. Assuming that is the case, anyone know how to book a reservation? For Desert Club resale, there is a Desert Club Float booking line - is there something similar for Scottsdale and if so, does anyone have the number?

Thanks,

Scott

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Owner Services says it is in-progress and to call Deeding. Deeding says they are done and to call Owner Services. I asked Deeding for Scottsdale Owner Services, since I call Desert Club Owner Services to book non-club ownership, and they gave me the club line. Owner Services says they can't see it, but that if it is a UDI, then it should show up with the rest of my points in 6-8 weeks and that it is showing up as non-club because it is still being processed. I have 400K points in progress, worth somewhere between $0 and $6K - it's the timeshare lottery!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Owner Services says it is in-progress and to call Deeding. Deeding says they are done and to call Owner Services. I asked Deeding for Scottsdale Owner Services, since I call Desert Club Owner Services to book non-club ownership, and they gave me the club line. Owner Services says they can't see it, but that if it is a UDI, then it should show up with the rest of my points in 6-8 weeks and that it is showing up as non-club because it is still being processed. I have 400K points in progress, worth somewhere between $0 and $6K - it's the timeshare lottery!
Thanks for sharing - be interesting to hear how this works out!

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
yeah I'm pretty sure Scottsdale resales can only be used at Scottsdale. It will be points but only can be used at the one resort. If you go there alot its a good idea to buy points at it.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
yeah I'm pretty sure Scottsdale resales can only be used at Scottsdale. It will be points but only can be used at the one resort. If you go there alot its a good idea to buy points at it.

I assumed it would be a points version of Desert Club float booked over the phone. Is that what you are thinking? Or are you thinking a separate points account on the normal website? Or intermixed with club points? The website doesn't track points separately by contract for current year points at all from what I can tell. It kinds of does for borrowing points, but if you cancel a borrowed reservation, in the past it has always puts the points back on the first unit on the account.

Do you know any other Scottsdale resale owners?

Thanks,

Scott

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
I dont know any Scottsdale resale owners personally. I remember seeing someone on one of the Facebook groups saying they were trying to us the points and were told it could only be used at the Scottsdale resort since it was a UDI. I would assume they would be kept separate from the club points because they wouldnt be actual club points. Also im assuming it would be a phone call. The website can hardly handle the regular bookings.

Tank

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV South Beach Myrtle Beach
HICV Lake Geneva
HICV Gatlinburg
HICV Orange Lake Kissemee
Here is a guide for resale trust points only from HICV
sold in a resale market outside of HICV
making them pretty useless

D92ED5EB-5839-4E1B-B5C7-7623EB0D4325.jpeg

tony_i

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, WM, Elara
Here is a guide for resale trust points only from HICV
sold in a resale market outside of HICV
making them pretty useless
Wow! I knew of some of the restrictions, but reading this is crazy. "Can only travel to the resort where the points are allocated from"! "6 month or less prior to arrival", and no external exchange... These people are mean! They will be getting most, if not all these contracts back through their horizon program!

bizaro86

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
It'll be interesting to see how many of those restrictions they actually enforce. Some of them will be difficult to program if they allow online booking

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
I have resale from South Beach and thankfully those don't apply. Other resale's are basically worthless unless its a prime week at a prime location.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
Finally able to confirm that Scottsdale resale points are extremely limited - very hard to get to someone who knows how to book with them.

* Full week stay only
* Fri/Sat/Sun check-in
* Any size unit up to points available
* Booking window of 60-395 days
* Can send a guest
* Call club line to book and give them the contract number

Desert Club float is way more flexible, which is interesting since it is not points - you can do 3 stays of 2-3 night each and you can book < 60 days out.

-Scott

Bmatrose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV Elite
Finally able to confirm that Scottsdale resale points are extremely limited - very hard to get to someone who knows how to book with them.

* Full week stay only
* Fri/Sat/Sun check-in
* Any size unit up to points available
* Booking window of 60-395 days
* Can send a guest
* Call club line to book and give them the contract number

Desert Club float is way more flexible, which is interesting since it is not points - you can do 3 stays of 2-3 night each and you can book < 60 days out.

-Scott
thanks for posting. What happens at 59 days? Plus are the points only good for one year? Cant be used for IHG or RCI?

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
thanks for posting. What happens at 59 days? Plus are the points only good for one year? Cant be used for IHG or RCI?
59 days out non club owners can't make reservations (e.g. on 5/9 you can make a reservation checking in 7/8 but on 5/10 you cannot). Points are only good for a year and can't be used for IHG - I assume you could deposit to RCI as Weeks using a separate RCI Weeks membership.

-Scott