• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scottsdale/Phoenix using Restaurants.com

Betty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone used Restaurants.com in the Phoenix/Scottsdale area? Would love to hear your comments and/or recommendations.

Thanks,
Betty

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Betty: I waited a few days to see if anyone would respond. I have never heard of this organization and checked their web site. If you are coming to our area and staying at a resort, you will probably have just as much luck using the discounts from the resort.

gaile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Betty,
I live in Scottsdale. I used a coupon from restaurants.com once several weeks ago, after reading about the site here on a TUG site. I bought a $50 coupon for a restaurant called Fusions, in old Scottsdale. I was very pleased and really enjoyed the place. With 2 people, including one drink, one dessert and coffee, plus two entrees, our bill came to about $75, we had the $50 coupon, so it was well worth it. Plus the food was excellent. I would really recommend it. (make reservations, although we made ours the same day and it was no problem)
I would do it again if I think about it. I just don't generally go anywhere unless it is last minute.
Gail

gaile

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hi Betty, After posting my last message I realized my numbers did not look right. I bought a $25 coupon for $10,(the actual $ amount was $5 with a code, but I no longer remember what the code was). The dinner bill with the $25 off was $50. I used zip code 85258 for Scottsdale, although you could also use 85260 or any other for the area.
If you go back to prior postings for the last month or so you may be able to find the code to use to decrease the cost of the coupon. I believe I found it listed in a topic on the tug lounge site.
Gail

Betty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for your comments. Since I hadn't heard any comments prior to the 1/31/06 discount deadline, I decided to take a chance and bought two restaurant.com certificates based on reviews I read on tripadvisor.com.

One is for the Pinon Grill and the other is for Los Olivos on 2nd Street. With the discount, we figured it was worth a shot. Fusion was another one we had considered but didn't buy, because we also have a reservation for the Sundown Cookout at the Rawhide Western Town, and we want to wait and see what other places may catch our eye when we are actually there.

Anyone been to the Pinon Grill, Los Olivos and/or the Sundown Cookout? If so, I'd love to hear your comments.

Thanks,
Betty