• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Schools reopening or not

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluehende

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
oh, now you posted a third one... what do you know about how this poll was conducted? Nothing at all. You do not know if it was a representative sample or if just the most vocal people responded, you do not know anything about those that were polled. You do not even know what method was used (phone, internet, mail etc). The lack of info should make you pause before posting it.

What we do know however, is that the organization is political, they give themselves away right in this "survey":

"Parents overwhelmingly oppose tying school funding to re-opening, a proposal favored by the President and Senate Republicans. "

Browsing through the other pages, I also see they were encouraging protests...

View attachment 24678

another one that show they are political activists:

View attachment 24679

and another one. I will stop here, it is just obvious this is another political hit job disguised as a parent organization

View attachment 24680
one was the ap. Instead of denigrating please supply data to the contrary.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Why posting the obvious is denigrating? I do not have to supply any more data, even your own other poll (AP) and Ken's showed about 2 out of 3 parents want kids to return to school either full time or hybrid.

I actually personally support a hybrid system but it has nothing to do with safety, I enjoy spending more time with them and if one of us can work from home once or twice a week, it would be great.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
I’m a parent. I posted a poll/Survey from my actual school district of 8000 students in this thread a few days ago. 85% of parents want to return to in person school. It’s real. Our schools are offering a remote option. The teachers union wants it. Parents want in school. We are at odds.
My parent friends in other districts have surveys and have had similar results. All the local Chicago suburban schools are offering remote but parents and students want school!

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Here is an interesting one that breaks out total population and population with kids in school. There does not seem to be a big difference.

did you see the date? It is almost 3 months old

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m a parent. I posted a poll/Survey from my actual school district of 8000 students in this thread a few days ago. 85% of parents want to return to in person school. It’s real. Our schools are offering a remote option. The teachers union wants it. Parents want in school. We are at odds.
My parent friends in other districts have surveys and have had similar results. All the local Chicago suburban schools are offering remote but parents and students want school!
There is no doubt that we are being held hostage here in IL by the teachers unions . An exception is D28 in Northbrook. They are opening. And guess what ? They are one of the few school districts in our area that is non union .

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
@Cornell

Here is an interesting one that breaks out total population and population with kids in school. There does not seem to be a big difference.

This is a teacher poll, not a parent poll. Teacher unions are fighting hard against going back to school and skewing information for their benefit.
Taxpayers with schoolage kids want to go back to school

needvaca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MGO, WKV, SVV Bella
There is no doubt that we are being held hostage here in IL by the teachers unions . An exception is D28 in Northbrook. They are opening. And guess what ? They are one of the few school districts in our area that is non union .
Held hostage is right.
We just got a district email today that our schools likely won’t open as planned because they cannot get enough teachers to “commit to coming back to school”. I’m furious. Parents are furious

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is a teacher poll, not a parent poll. Teacher unions are fighting hard against going back to school and skewing information for their benefit.
Taxpayers with schoolage kids want to go back to school

from the study

Here are the results for parents and the overall public. "Total support" is the total of respondents who said they "strongly support" or "somewhat support" the measure in question.

parents-public-oll.JPG

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Here’s another interesting poll.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
b6e74a55df1dd860e557a18be8b26a42.plist

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Michigan...

82b5c367d6ee4bff84bfc607347b982f.jpg
this is also 2.5 months old and those polled were registered voters not parents

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
this is also 2.5 months old.

Sure, Danny. I must be imagining the date on the page and in the article re the poll dates.

f9a0ddf2d626cfb0f34674caaefbde68.plist

Cornell

TUG Member
Reaction score
For Michigan...

82b5c367d6ee4bff84bfc607347b982f.jpg
Great, that’s MI . In Illinois , as @needvaca has pointed out, we want our schools open and survey after survey justify that.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sure, Danny. I must be imagining the date on the page and in the article re the poll dates.

sorry, another linked opened... or maybe you changed it. Regardless, they did not poll parents but registered voters. Big difference.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
so no matter how we slice it, most parents still want kids to return to school

Glad you changed your post, since you initially wrote that parents were 4x more likely to approve in school education, when it is the opposite.

This poll doesn’t agree with you, but there are so many out there and so many with different criteria, number of respondents, etc, that is difficult to get a final result.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
sorry, another linked opened... or maybe you changed it. Regardless, they did not poll parents but registered voters

You know it. I control that news site and changed the date in five minutes so that you don’t appear to have made a mistake. Gotcha.

Sure, Danny. Anything else I can change for you?

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Glad you changed your post, since you initially wrote that parents were 4x more likely to approve in school education, when it is the opposite.

This poll doesn’t agree with you, but there are so many out there and so many with different criteria, number of respondents, etc, that is difficult to get a final result.

It happens to the best of us ;) But still, almost 4 to 1 they favor returning to school so I am not sure what you were trying to prove

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Great, that’s MI . In Illinois , as @needvaca has pointed out, we want our schools open and survey after survey justify that.

What I found interesting was the comment in the Gallup article:

Parents residing in the West (74%) are more worried about their children getting the coronavirus than parents in the Northeast (65%), South (62%) and Midwest (52%), with increases of between 14 and 25 percentage points since the prior survey in all regions.

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
It happens to the best of us ;) But still, almost 4 to 1 they favor returning to school so I am not sure what you were trying to prove

What am *I* trying to prove? You don’t even live in the country. What are *you* trying to prove?

And it’s not 4:1. But you didn’t read the polls I just posted, so...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis

DannyTS

TUG Member
Reaction score
What am *I* trying to prove? You don’t even live in the country. What are *you* trying to prove?

And it’s not 4:1. But you didn’t read the polls I just posted, so...

If I do not live in the country it means I am more neutral? Ken, I thought you had blocked me. I see you cannot live without me though, I will take it as a compliment

Status
Not open for further replies.