• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scenes From A Sales Update

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Weeks and DC Points
First Thank You for the posting - it is so important that we all share any information that we receive during these presentations. Usually what Marriott/Vistana say you generally question until a dollar figure is attached to it. In my opinion, it makes complete sense that they are coming out with a new level. I think that level is focused on folks like myself that own both Marriott and Vistana properties. We are currently at the Presidential Level - if Marriott were to assign a value to our Vistana Properties in the Marriott system and truly merged them together we would have enough points to reach the current Chairman level. The 17K number seems like an odd number but I bet they have run all the algorithms and that number places many people just short enough of the target to require additional purchases. We find little advantage in being at the Presidential Level except for the additional time limits - which I have to admit came in handy during the pandemic.

BTW, I don't understand you number 7 - I thought you had to own MVCI property to use the portfolio.

Again Thanks for the post!

How number 7 unfolds is the center piece of the integration discussion between MVCI and the other brands they acquired (including Vistana). MVCI sales has been representing for some time that Non-MVCI owners will have to buy a quantity of MVCI's points (or an as yet unknown 'common currency') to 'unlock' the ability to book MVCI properties using the converted value of their Non-MVCI ownership units (also at an as yet unknown conversion value). While some have hoped that both MVCI and Non-MVCI owners would receive the ability to cross-book their ownerships for free, I don't believe it will occur that way due to the need for MVCI to keep selling. So, I foresee Non-MVCI owners having to 'buy-in' to MVCI in some form (either a one-time enrollment fee or more likely a minimum required points purchase) and existing MVCI owners will be required to achieve a certain level of ownership (possibly this as yet unnamed but potentially 'Ambassador' level at 17,000 or more points). We'll see, when we see.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So one sales presentation says 17,000 Points for the “new” level, another says 20,000?
A very good reason just to wait and see what, if any, new level is formally announced!

Agreed, but I notice some points of commonality from both presentations at these different properties.

1. Both identified the new level above Chairman's as 'Ambassador' with a release in the first half of 2022.
2. Both referenced eliminating past 'Grandfathering' actions.
3. Both included the same 'hybrid bundle' offer as an alternative to a straight points purchase.
4. Both referenced bundle packages being discontinued.

kds4

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We attended a MVCI sales presentation at the Palm Desert location in April 2021. We have 15,400 Destination Club points. We also have 177,000 Westin Flex points. We were "informed" that the Westin points would convert to 7500 Destination Club points when the joint program rolled out. Thus we would end up with 22,900 MVCI points. HOWEVER, the kicker was that the new level above Chairman would be 25,000 points and we would need to purchase another 2250 points [Destination Club points only sold in 250 point increments.] We were offered about 4 different ways to make this point number, all costing between $24,000 to $26,000 to which we said no. Having decided against spending that kind of $$$, I only remember that one of the benefits of the new tier was reservations 18 months out, which is useless to us as it seems most of our vacations made way ahead have to be modified or changed due to circumstances (covid19, family, etc.). I do remember that the new tier was to also tie to the Titanium tier in Marriott, also useless as I have Lifetime Titanium.

If there is such a significant jump in minimum ownership requirements to qualify for the new 'Ambassador' level (from 15k DP min to 20k DP min), the cheapest way to accomplish that would be through having purchased an external resale week (worth 2,500 points or more) that you can enroll with the purchase of 2,500 points (instead of having to buy 5k points outright). If I were going to pursue the higher option (if/when it happens), that would be my approach (unless they close that door, which is currently open).

Lansdowne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KoOlina, Sabal Palms, Manor Club, Desert Willow, Kaanapali South, Trust Points
How number 7 unfolds is the center piece of the integration discussion between MVCI and the other brands they acquired (including Vistana). MVCI sales has been representing for some time that Non-MVCI owners will have to buy a quantity of MVCI's points (or an as yet unknown 'common currency') to 'unlock' the ability to book MVCI properties using the converted value of their Non-MVCI ownership units (also at an as yet unknown conversion value). While some have hoped that both MVCI and Non-MVCI owners would receive the ability to cross-book their ownerships for free, I don't believe it will occur that way due to the need for MVCI to keep selling. So, I foresee Non-MVCI owners having to 'buy-in' to MVCI in some form (either a one-time enrollment fee or more likely a minimum required points purchase) and existing MVCI owners will be required to achieve a certain level of ownership (possibly this as yet unnamed but potentially 'Ambassador' level at 17,000 or more points). We'll see, when we see.
My wife’s theory is that Vistana owners will have to pay a one time fee to enroll each of their properties. The holdup she believes is placing a value on the property compare to Marriott properties. I think Marriott will try to have Vistana owners buy more but I think that will be difficult where people like myself own enough Marriott properties and points now. Clearly Marriott wants our properties for exchange in Hawaii where it is very expensive to build and probably in Palm Desert as well.

Lansdowne

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
KoOlina, Sabal Palms, Manor Club, Desert Willow, Kaanapali South, Trust Points
As usual, you're quicker to the draw. :)
I had never heard of the Adventuras until today. Never was interested in buying out of the country. I just heard about the Flex programs only in the last few years and always thought they came about after the merger - I stand corrected. In our last presentation in Hawaii they pushed flex points but stopped when we told them about our Marriott ownership and realize it didn’t make sense for us.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
My wife’s theory is that Vistana owners will have to pay a one time fee to enroll each of their properties. The holdup she believes is placing a value on the property compare to Marriott properties. I think Marriott will try to have Vistana owners buy more but I think that will be difficult where people like myself own enough Marriott properties and points now. Clearly Marriott wants our properties for exchange in Hawaii where it is very expensive to build and probably in Palm Desert as well.
In response to your Comment, the rep was very clear that Vistana owners would not get access to Marriott-Properties via the DCP-System. Vistana-Owners would have to continue to use INTERVAL.
Also updated my Post-#48 with some more info.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
I had never heard of the Adventuras until today. Never was interested in buying out of the country. I just heard about the Flex programs only in the last few years and always thought they came about after the merger - I stand corrected. In our last presentation in Hawaii they pushed flex points but stopped when we told them about our Marriott ownership and realize it didn’t make sense for us.
We own very little Aventuras-Flex [95.7K EOY] points. MF are the cheapest of the 3 Flex-Programs. However, the Aventuras-Flex MF are higher than any of our Vistana Deeded-Weeks. Would not recommend purchasing into any of the Flex-Programs.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
In response to your Comment, the rep was very clear that Vistana owners would not get access to Marriott-Properties via the DCP-System. Vistana-Owners would have to continue to use INTERVAL.
Also updated my Post-#48 with some more info.
So no combined program? If past comments by high up Marriott Vacations Worldwide executives is to be believed, some type of program is coming.

Mroze

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MKO,MRD,MCV,DCP
WKV,WNA
HYS,HYN,HYB
So no combined program? If past comments by high up Marriott Vacations Worldwide executives is to be believed, some type of program is coming.
Reading other posts I am inclined to believe that all the reps are "Lying". They have One-And-Only-One objective which is to sell more DCP.
E.g. Post-#47 [15400-DCP + 177K-Star-Options = 22900-DCP] was informed that the the new Ambassador level would be 25000-DCP which would require them to purchase ~2250-DCP.
We own Marriott 15400-DCP [+ Vistana: 5-Star-Elite: 1.2M Enrolled Star-Options] and were informed that we needed to purchase 4600-DCP to get to 20K-DCP.
We were thus offered a bundle [WEEK: 2775 + 2000-DCP].

I see a theme. No matter what people own, try and sell them more DCP and make up any story [17K, 20K, 25K] to get them to bite.

In response to your Q. There may very well be a combined program.
However, in our case, if there is a combined program [Marriott-Chairmans + Vistaana-5-Star-Elite], there would be no need for us to purchase any more.
Thus the message may very well have been adjusted ["No Combined Program"] to get us to purchase more DCP.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Reading other posts I am inclined to believe that all the reps are "Lying". They have One-And-Only-One objective which is to sell more DCP.
E.g. One Post-#47 [15400-DCP + 170K-Star-Options = 22500-DCP] was informed that the the new Ambassador level would be 25000-DCP which would require them to purchase ~2500-DCP.
We own 15400-DCP [1.2M Star-Options] and were informed that we needed to purchase 4600-DCP for which we were offered a bundle [WEEK: 2775 + 2000-DCP].

I see a theme. No matter what people own, try and sell them more DCP and make up any story [17K, 20K, 25K] to get them to bite.
I agree. This is why any real information coming from a sales presentation should certainly not be relied upon for anything. The final outcome will likely be far different.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Agreed, but I notice some points of commonality from both presentations at these different properties.

1. Both identified the new level above Chairman's as 'Ambassador' with a release in the first half of 2022.
2. Both referenced eliminating past 'Grandfathering' actions.
3. Both included the same 'hybrid bundle' offer as an alternative to a straight points purchase.
4. Both referenced bundle packages being discontinued.
I guess it is just wait and see for us.
We have over 20K enrolled DC Points.
If that gets us to any new level great, if not we may just offload some week(s) but only enough to stay at Chairman’s Club level.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
So, we went to our first update in 3 years at NCV. Not high pressure. Discussion focused on 2022 changes. Main points included:

1. New level above Chairman's Club rolling out in 2022.
2. No Grandfathering To New Level.
3. New level akin to Bonvoy Ambassador.
4. Reciprocity for new MVCI level of Ambassador to give Bonvoy Ambassador status (in negotiation with Marriott Hotels).
5. Minimum ownership requirement for new level 17k DC points. (Seems like an odd number, but whatever.)
6. Key benefits of new MVCI 'Ambassador' level include - 6 extra months of banking beyond Chairman's Club, 1 extra month for single night booking (14 months), 30% last minute discount (60 days or less) applicable to all properties within the MVCI portfolio, not just Marriot Vacation Clubs (when those additional brands become bookable in 2022).
7. Non-MVCI owners will be required to purchase a minimum number of points to 'play' in the MVCI portfolio (other than their existing ownership brand).
8. Ending enrollment opportunities for externally purchased weeks (date TBD) because the focus will be on selling to Non-MVCI owners (not remaining unenrolled weeks owners).
9. A points buyback option/program is coming, (but it is unlikely to be better than just selling the points resale and letting MVCI ROFR them - "you'll end up with more money in your pocket reselling yourself than selling back directly to MVCI's buyback option/program" - Not my words).
10. There were a few other items like new luxury collection offerings, new tour options, etc.
11. $250 Visa Card or 40K MRPs for attending.
12. One time bonus of 4,000 DPs with 36 month expiration included with a purchase of 2k or more points.
13. Prices rolled back to $11.68 pp until 6/30/21.
14. With a minimum purchase of 1k points at $11.68 locks that price for one year for any additional purchases.
14. Purchases of 2k or more points at $11.68 locks that price for 3 years for future purchases.

How does that stack up against what others are being told by the same (and other) sales centers?
I can't imagine it'd be 17K, must have been a good level based on that person's portfolio to try to sell them more points. IF ONE new level comes on board AND there are no changes in the requirements for the current level, I think 20K is extremely likely but nothing less.

We just attended a presentation here at NCV the other day, so am reviving this thread from a couple months ago.

The benefits that the OP shared were the same, but the “grandfathered” level shared with us was 27,000 DC points. We would need to buy 1,500 more points to get there, so I believe what @Dean shared is correct. They will use whatever amount of cumulative points they think will entice you to buy more points. So, it was 17k, but now it’s 27k. I didn’t recall the amount when we were in the presentation, so I didn’t say anything. But I did tell her that owners will be very disappointed to see the new upper level require 12k more points.

I don’t doubt that a new level will be introduced, but still can’t see it being more than 20k.

As a side note, she also said that owners who also own Vistana units won’t receive points toward the various levels. We own at Westin Kierland Villas, so weren’t happy with that comment and told her so. Of course, we will have to wait for the rollout of the combined system to see what really happens.

Best regards.

Mike

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
We just attended a presentation here at NCV the other day, so am reviving this thread from a couple months ago.

The benefits that the OP shared were the same, but the “grandfathered” level shared with us was 27,000 DC points. We would need to buy 1,500 more points to get there, so I believe what @Dean shared is correct. They will use whatever amount of cumulative points they think will entice you to buy more points. So, it was 17k, but now it’s 27k. I didn’t recall the amount when we were in the presentation, so I didn’t say anything. But I did tell her that owners will be very disappointed to see the new upper level require 12k more points.

I don’t doubt that a new level will be introduced, but still can’t see it being more than 20k.

As a side note, she also said that owners who also own Vistana units won’t receive points toward the various levels. We own at Westin Kierland Villas, so weren’t happy with that comment and told her so. Of course, we will have to wait for the rollout of the combined system to see what really happens.

Best regards.

Mike
Of course the new Chairman's level will be 27K DC points and of course your Kierland properties won't count. Otherwise, there would be no "need" for you to buy.

lol

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
I will be attending a presentation here at MKO on Monday. Interesting to see what they tell me. Last presentation sales was telling me I needed more points to book the private homes and villas. Wonder if sales will tell me I need to add 1500 more DC points to get the new ambassador level?

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
I will be attending a presentation here at MKO on Monday. Interesting to see what they tell me. Last presentation sales was telling me I needed more points to book the private homes and villas. Wonder if sales will tell me I need to add 1500 more DC points to get the new ambassador level?

Tell them you feel you only need 50 more points and will only buy that amount.

mjm1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Resorts and Destination Club Points;
Westin Kierland Villas;
HGVC Flamingo & Blvd;
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Of course the new Chairman's level will be 27K DC points and of course your Kierland properties won't count. Otherwise, there would be no "need" for you to buy.

lol

I agree Robert. The fact that a rep at the same resort tried the same thing but using different point levels is funny and ridiculous.

kathiewilcox

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott and Westin
All I ask is when is Marriott Vacation Club and Vistana merging to be used as one.

vacationtime1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
All I ask is when is Marriott Vacation Club and Vistana merging to be used as one.
To which they will answer "in six months, and you need to buy Westin Flex now to get into the program". lol

My question would be "what can you show me in writing?" When they can show me something in writing (or more likely, when someone posts it here), I will consider it but almost certainly reject it if it is anything other than a modest enrollment fee.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Attended presentation at MKO today. Offered 1500 points for $13 and change each point plus 3k bonus DC points. No mention of a new level above Chairman was mentioned. Was told that those 1500 points would get us to an even 145k DC points annually.

Second offer was purchase the 1500 DC points and get an EOYE MKO week for just $9900! What a steal had to seriously keep from pulling out my CC and buying this cheap offer .

Needless to say we said "no" to both offers.

Forgot to add that is was pretty low pressure (lowest I have ever had aa a Marriott presentation). The presentation bordered on Disney type low pressure. In and out in 30 minutes. The encore took 10 minutes because I was interested if they could book me Dec 24-28 2022. Sadly she said 10 months out is the booking window.

Last edited: