• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Scammed by doctor-timeshare

Fredflintstone

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Rent only
That's true. If they are in US, I'd report to police and attorney general office already.
They have positive feedback on both Tug and google. That's why I relaxed and lowered my guard. I guess I learned my lesson.

I’m so sorry this happened to you. Just from experience, I have found scammers beef up their reviews before looking for their mark.

Just a suggestion. If significant money is involved, you may want to tell the seller you will deposit the funds with your attorney in trust. Once the points are transferred, your attorney will release the funds. If they are ok with that, you can feel a bit safer. If they are scammers, they will argue not to do that and run to the next Mark. It’s a great test to determine legitimacy.

At the very least, use a transfer service as was mentioned above.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
There is clearly a real problem and genuine concern here, which must be very worrying for any buyer.
I can only speak from personal experience, but I have purchased resale from Doctor Timeshare, as have several friends of ours.
The whole experience was very professional and completed successfully.
Our Escrow funds were also held with Caixabank, who are the 3rd largest bank in Spain.
So I am as sure as I can be that whatever the problems may be, this is not a scam and hopefully will be resolved to the buyer’s satisfaction before too much longer.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
There is clearly a real problem and genuine concern here, which must be very worrying for any buyer.
I can only speak from personal experience, but I have purchased resale from Doctor Timeshare, as have several friends of ours.
The whole experience was very professional and completed successfully.
Our Escrow funds were also held with Caixabank, who are the 3rd largest bank in Spain.
So I am as sure as I can be that whatever the problems may be, this is not a scam and hopefully will be resolved to the buyer’s satisfaction before too much longer.
Hopefully op is dealing with legit parties and not someone posing as them.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
we got a response to our request this morning explaining they have been in contact with you from the beginning and most recently on January 17th? your original post seems to indicate that you have not had any communication with them in over a month? not trying to take sides here, but with such a disparity in stories...someone has to be incorrect no?

It seems that perhaps this can all be chalked up to a lack of communication or missed messages?

Last edited:

dunwu

Reaction score
we got a response to our request this morning explaining they have been in contact with you from the beginning and most recently on January 17th? your original post seems to indicate that you have not had any communication with them in over a month? not trying to take sides here, but with such a disparity in stories...someone has to be incorrect no?

It seems that perhaps this can all be chalked up to a lack of communication or missed messages?

I was out of town in MLK weekend.
He did send me an email last Friday after I posted here:
"I took note of your comments, but I'll begin this email by saying that I’m not hiding, and I again reassure you that you’ve not be scammed.
The process is indeed slightly delayed (only a few weeks time), you may feel powerless but your accusation of being scammed and your "threats" to pull out the big guns by intimidating me using the justice system and/or reviewing Doctor Timeshare are not justified — I’m a honest person, will bend over backward for my clients, yet we must follow the procedure in place. Needless to say that the Timeshare External Purchase Agreement Reference No: DT198613B, contains full and complete understanding between you (The Purchaser) and us (The Broker), which you entered voluntarily.
I now see the following three options:
1- We bring this to legal battle. Both of us are going to fight back 200%, with loss of energy, time and money, and making at the end our lawyers happy.
2- As from the Timeshare External Purchase Agreement Reference No: DT198613B, paragraph E. CANCELLATION, subparagraph 2 — If you wish to request a cancelation of the transaction, we will right away inform Marriott and the actual owner of the timeshare ownership, and we will reimburse the funds to your account immediately after we have found another buyer.
3- We bite the bullet, move on with this in a calm and rational way, and work together to our common interest —
If we then reach the conclusion that we’re unable to complete the transaction, we will then proceed with a full refund of all monies paid (Timeshare External Purchase Agreement Reference No: DT198613B, paragraph E. CANCELLATION, subparagraph 3).

Here was my reply:
"1. The contract was signed on 9/17/2019, and I paid in full on 9/20/2019. According to the contract: "The timeshare resale process takes about 90 days to complete and is organized in 4 parts... part 2 ROFR typically takes 4 weeks..." Now, it is stuck in ROFR for ~120 days already, you broke the contract by unable to abide the timeline. That's why I asked for full refund immediately.
2. On 12/18/2019, you wrote in your email: "I totally understand your impatience and I agree with you, your transaction is taking much more time than expected and we truly apologize for that! Please, be assured that we're taking the necessary actions to complete your transaction within the shortest possible time; understand that it is in our common interest! — I’m thus proposing to you the following: If by the next 2 weeks we have not received Marriott’s ROFR decision, ideally the waiver, we will then process with a reimbursement of the money you have paid." If you are indeed a honest person, why not keep your promise and refund my full payment?
3. I sent you several emails and told you if you don't refund my money, I have no choice but dispute with credit card, and leave negative feedback, but you just ignore and didn't reply. I chose to trust you for a long time, but you simply failed me.
If you still wanna solve this problem, please refund my money as you promised. We can sign a new one and I will pay again if you get ROFR waiver from Marriott."

Although I don't trust him anymore, I am ok to hear his story if he reply publicly on tug.

cleardot.gif

presley

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Hmm, based on your last post, I think it's just taking a long time. That happens with resales especially ones with ROFR. If you've already been promised a refund like your other post says, their recent response sounds like they dropped the ball on that. I hope you get this resolved soon.

jlinney

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but you may want to contact the Federal Trade Commission. I was scammed on a the purchase of a front door unit, was made to believe the company was in Florida and it was actually in Honduras and many problems happened. I was advised the FTC is who handles international sale/trading. I called and they gave me the process, which I am just now starting. I don't know if this is helpful, just a suggestion. I'm glad this site is not like NextDoor where any time you post you get attacked by the negative people of the work. I hope you find a resolution and some peace.
Best~ Jerry

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I have bought through Doctor Timeshare and have recommended them and have found them to be totally legit and reputable. I understand its so frustrating for it to be held up but I don't believe you have been scammed based on my own experience as Seb's replies to you with explanations.

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm no expert but you may want to contact the Federal Trade Commission. I was scammed on a the purchase of a front door unit, was made to believe the company was in Florida and it was actually in Honduras and many problems happened. I was advised the FTC is who handles international sale/trading. I called and they gave me the process, which I am just now starting. I don't know if this is helpful, just a suggestion. I'm glad this site is not like NextDoor where any time you post you get attacked by the negative people of the work. I hope you find a resolution and some peace.
Best~ Jerry

Not sure if the Federal Trade Commission would handle this, however, if any of your transaction was handled by mail then the US Postal inspection service would be very interested (mail fraud).

Bailey#1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC SSR BWV, Avenue Plaza, Redington Ambassador
All I can say to this is whenever I bought my 7 resale contracts (DVC or Wyndham) my completed transactions took between 10 weeks and 20 weeks from start to finish. Just saying.......

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
The same thing happened to me 10 years ago. The listing company stole my escrow money and strung me along for 4 months. I finally asked my nephew, an attorney, to call them. My nephew basically told them he knew the company had spent my escrow money and not to make this any more unpleasant than it had to be. The check plus interest was Fedex'd to me the next day. My point is you have to play hardball and not nicey-nice with these kind of guys. And I am so sorry you are having to go through this. It just is not fair!

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
Was this ever solved? I bought through Seb a few year ago and had no issues.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Was this ever solved? I bought through Seb a few year ago and had no issues.
We also bought our last resale week from Seb and knew him quite well for many years before since he was our MVC salesman at Club Son Antem.
The last I heard from him was in late March, when he was in Germany, unable to return to Mallorca.
it was very sad to learn of those here not receiving their weeks or their money back.
I have tried to contact him a number of times since, but had no reply.

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
We also bought our last resale week from Seb and knew him quite well for many years before since he was our MVC salesman at Club Son Antem.
The last I heard from him was in late March, when he was in Germany, unable to return to Mallorca.
it was very sad to learn of those here not receiving their weeks or their money back.
I have tried to contact him a number of times since, but had no reply.

Strange, if it happened during Covid you would understand somewhat, but this was from before.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

vol_90

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Phuket Beach Club, Aruba Surf Club, Grand Chateau, Canyon Villas, Desert Springs Villas II, Abound & Asia Pacific Points
My guess is that since we have heard no more from OP this was favorable resolved...

George
I seriously doubt it. Cut from my September one on one communication from another person seeking a refund:

"Sébastien sent me a mail on the 7th of September apologizing for the long silence, insisting he was not scamming us and stating he is trying work out financial and legal relief to still meet his customer commitments."

So did he use the escrow funds for personal use?

I'm probably the last one to receive a refund which took significant time, resources and stress to get it done in April. I feel really lucky and blessed as it was $36K for a 7 week attempted purchase initiated in early June 2019!

Gemini Chica

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marbella Beach Resort
Playa Andaluza
I seriously doubt it. Cut from my September one on one communication from another person seeking a refund:

"Sébastien sent me a mail on the 7th of September apologizing for the long silence, insisting he was not scamming us and stating he is trying work out financial and legal relief to still meet his customer commitments."

So did he use the escrow funds for personal use?

I'm probably the last one to receive a refund which took significant time, resources and stress to get it done in April. I feel really lucky and blessed as it was $36K for a 7 week attempted purchase initiated in early June 2019!

Wow I’m so glad you got your refund as that’s a serious amount of money. That doesn’t sound very promising from Sebastian does it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk