• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Scam] Intenal Revenue is suing.....me.....again

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Second time today. A recorded message left on my phone after the 'beep'. "This is to notify .....you.....that the Internal Revenue Service is suing.....you.....For more information on this lawsuit, call 360-967-4484.... (then it repeats the message) I didn't call them. Rather that they think it's a bogus number. I have seen news blurbs that they take credit cards 'to satisfy IRS'. They'll have to do without my participation.

Don't these people know that IRS just doesn't do business this way. First there is written notice (on official letterhead) of questions to answer.

I guess their scam must work enough to make it profitable.

Jim

willowglener

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had a couple of these from a different phone number. My thought was the same as yours - IRS usually sends letters and they know my address to send supoena.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I thought their number was 832-792-9212. How can we kill the people who do this?

Cheryl20772

TUG Member
Reaction score
I suspect this is one way the terrorists can fund their operations. These IRS and the bogus Microsoft scammers are terrorizing people; so they get double nastiness for their efforts. We haven't heard from the IRS scammers recently, but I get called from the Microsoft scammers a couple times a week. Sometimes I string them along to amuse myself, but they are so despicable!

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Call the IRS and let them know there is someone impersonating them

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
The IRS people are calling here, too. And Rachel from Cardholder Services must be back from her leave of absence because she's calling every day again. :)

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k
That's ok...

Just pay the IRS with the Nigerian Widow's pension check that she can't cash.... ;)

susieq

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bay Voyage, Jamestown, RI
And Rachel from Cardholder Services must be back from her leave of absence because she's calling every day again. :)

And I thought Rachel was OUR friend!!! Apparently she's cheating on us!!:hysterical::hysterical:

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
The IRS is letting you off easy. They were issuing a warrant for my arrest if I didn't call them immediately at the number that their robo call left on my answering machine.

Rachel has been replaced on the calls we get by Carmen and Bridget. Same message, different name.

Tia

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes the IRS called x2 yesterday and Microsoft x1 within the last week........ bunch of junk :mad:

Kozman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes. I got this call last year. If I don't know the number I don't answer. When I googled the number I discovered the scam. I didn't need google to know this however since the IRS doesn't work this way. They and all others are on my block list on the Mr. Number app.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is Rachel back??? Oh my, I've missed our periodic chats about Cardholder Services and all the fun things she's up to.:D

Those fellows from the India branch of Microsoft Windows just don't seem to call me very often.

Maybe the IRS will sue me again!

I feel soooooo put upon :bawl:

visor

Reaction score
There are a number of machines (installed between the line and your phone) that screen out robo calls by requiring human input to dial a certain number to get thru your phone. I have one aptly named Screen Machine, which has saved my sanity, especially now that it's election year... ;)