• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $23,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $23 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[Scam calls soliciting RCI bonus week rentals]

LMS-TUG

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham
Has anyone been receiving calls from Clun Wyndham reps asking if you want to sell your bonus RCI getaways weeks, but you have to pay the fee for each week?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

Erival

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham and Disney
I have been getting these calls. When I finally answered I asked the guy (Nathaniel) if he works for Wyndham and he said “no this is about your RCI getaway week” so I assumed he worked for RCI. I then I got transferred to another guy Luke who tried explaining the process of selling our getaway time which made no sense to me so I asked where I can read about it and he gave me website a for Travel Grand Vacations. I then asked if thats where he works and he said yes. He told me we would have to pay $2450 to rent out our getaway weeks. I did not do it as I am so confused.

billymach4

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have been getting these calls. When I finally answered I asked the guy (Nathaniel) if he works for Wyndham and he said “no this is about your RCI getaway week” so I assumed he worked for RCI. I then I got transferred to another guy Luke who tried explaining the process of selling our getaway time which made no sense to me so I asked where I can read about it and he gave me website a for Travel Grand Vacations. I then asked if thats where he works and he said yes. He told me we would have to pay $2450 to rent out our getaway weeks. I did not do it as I am so confused.
Scam

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim) NEW: 2 Lawa'i Beach Resort!
SCAM - block them on your phone and email. DO NOT ANSWER THEIR CALLS, unless you want to get lots more calls from scammers!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
We've owned since 2002 and have been getting these scam calls and other timeshare scam calls for years. YEARS! As long as the scammers continue to sell the lists of owners phone numbers to other scammers it will never end.

These mythical extra weeks they claim you get don't even exist. END THE CALL!

You're invited to a free lunch/dinner to learn about....END THE CALL!

Were you mislead, deceived in some way and want out? END THE CALL!

You're eligible to...END THE CALL!

Can you no longer afford the increasing maintenance fees? END THE CALL!

Any other scenarios for these calls I might have missed. END THE CALL!

Timeshare Von

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham (77k points at Myrtle Beach/Westwinds)
JUST SAY NO! It's a big fat scam.

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
As others have said, 100% scam. I just wanted to point out a few details as to why it is a scam.

Although not a scam based solely on this but their website was created March 2022. New scam companies pop up all the time in the timeshare marketing industry hoping to get a piece of the easy money for no work. That said, other details push Travel Grand Vacations to the label of true scammer. First of course is the cold call. Second is lying by stating you have getaway weeks that they can rent for you in exchange for an upfront fee. That all describes just about every timeshare marketing scam company. They all use the same business model. In the case of Travel Grand Vacations, there are additional factors that scream scam.

While many scammers lie on the phone about renting your getaway weeks, what you really get is a contract to simply list your timeshare week for sale or rent (not the getaway weeks). With Timeshare Grand Vacations, they actually state on their website that they will rent your getaway weeks.

“You can also activate and rent out highly discounted vacation bonus weeks afforded only to owners courtesy of their bank & exchange.
Unlimited access
Only $399 per week.
Minimum 4 to rent
Maximum of 6”

They also claim to rent out your timeshare points. However, they don’t say how they do it or what kind of points they rent. Will they accept any and all types of points? My guess is they will accept whatever you have, for the upfront fee of course. I also think that they will collect the upfront fee and do nothing. Why do I say that? Because their website is nothing more than an attempt to collect the upfront fee. If they rent out points and getaway weeks how would they do that when they don’t have a website for that? They imply that they attend conferences and rent to corporations. While I have never come across one of these companies being an exhibitor at any conference, let’s assume that they do have a booth. What exactly would they be presenting? Travel Grand Vacations has no website listing the rentals, no phone number for potential renters to call. They have nothing and the reason why is that they do not attend conferences and do nothing but steal your money.

Just another scam company that will steal massive amounts of money and eventually disappear.

RX8

Timeshare Scam Investigator
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Just found another TUG thread on this scammer.

Below is another company called Global Resort Vacations that is using the same phone number. Website is a work in progress but is obviously the same scammer behind it.

Last edited: