• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SC gaining COVID cases at twice the rate as the US

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).

Beachclubmum

Reaction score
Thx Glynda.
I thought of you too when driving down King Street this last Saturday. Sobering to see all the boarded up windows.

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
Maybe they are doing a lot more testing than elsewhere.

Yellowfin

TUG Member
Reaction score
The question is not if they have more cases but if they have more deaths per capita. If the population at risk continues to be protected, they will be fine.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
The question is not if they have more cases but if they have more deaths per capita. If the population at risk continues to be protected, they will be fine.
Deaths are a lagging indicator by a month. If you wait for that you have another month of high deaths. Hospitalizations are a better number but they also lag by 2 weeks. The correct number to look at is positive test rate. Here it is

1592232545912.png

I do not think you can spin this in a positive way. Here is the data available fro, SC.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is how it happens. Hot spots pop up. Look at India almost none and still not many but where will it end?

Polly Metallic

Official TUG Pool Recruiter
TUG Member
Reaction score
Let’s hope the positive tests are primarily healthy young people who will recover and develop antibodies. We do need herd immunity. Immuno-compromised people are probably staying home and will hopefully avoid infection.

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Let’s hope the positive tests are primarily healthy young people who will recover and develop antibodies. We do need herd immunity. Immuno-compromised people are probably staying home and will hopefully avoid infection.
I hope so. Now that things are opening up, the vulnerable people will have to choose their activity level.
Actually, we all will.

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Moderator Note: I've deleted a number of posts that veered off into comments about social distancing, fake news and whatever else seems to spur TUGgers into dangerous territory. The OP's link contains actual data from official sources; it shouldn't be this difficult to ignore whatever perceived bias you see in the link.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida have confirmed that their Covid-19 positive tests are over two thousands for the past two days. That is not good news.

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
Anyone hear from @Panina lately? Hope all is well on her end....

Monykalyn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Florida have confirmed that their Covid-19 positive tests are over two thousands for the past two days. That is not good news.
Did Florida stop reporting antibody and +PCR tests lumped together as "positive" cases? Because Florida is now offering antibody testing when you give blood at OneBlood.

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
Moderator Note: I've deleted a number of posts that veered off into comments about social distancing, fake news and whatever else seems to spur TUGgers into dangerous territory. The OP's link contains actual data from official sources; it shouldn't be this difficult to ignore whatever perceived bias you see in the link.
Yet it took 2 posts for the same thing to be posted.

normab

TUG Member
Reaction score
My personal observations....When we were there in Hilton Head for Memorial Day, we knew there would be crowds galore, but the lack of masks at the stores surprised us. The clerks wore them, but most shoppers didn’t.

I guess this news isn’t news to me...:shrug:

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Got a letter from my doctor today - she's retiring effective immediately - due to ongoing concerns and risk factors related to COVID-19.

Wonder how many good physicians we are loosing? And then I'll add my opinion - at least in part because of our failure to handle the situation properly and protect our medical professionals.

On another note, my sister (who has had covid) had 2 bits of information.

1) Likely the milder your case, the less antibodies you will have (they are finding those that were asymptomatic or mild cases may not test positive for covid-19)
2) If you have had covid-19, and test negative for antibodies, they think if you do catch it again, your body will make antibodies faster the 2nd time around

FWIW (I guess you can find anything you want to support anything you want).

bbodb1

TUG Member
Reaction score
High radiation belt of the Northern Hemisphere
Resorts Owned
RCI Weeks: LaCosta Beach Club, RCI Points: Oakmont Resort, Vacation Village at Parkway. Wyndham: CWA and La Belle Maison, and WorldMark.
I am ok. Took a break from Tug for a few days.

These statistics in SC do not surprise me.
Glad to hear you are doing fine!

bluehende

TUG Member
Reaction score
While the protests certainly will increase cases there is no way they are showing up in the numbers yet. Here is MN numbers.

1592271592198.png

TravelTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
All Resale: MVC DPs, Marriott Ko Olina, Marriott Marbella, WKOVR-N, Four Seasons Aviara
I am really concerned about the reopening of the states when I hear cases and deaths are increasing. I am still in a wait and see mode and reserving my opinion. Right now, my DH and I have not changed much because we are being cautious. I still have my office closed and have told my employees I want to be cautious about reopening because I do not know what will happen. If I see that covid is declining longer term, then I will be consider reopening.

I am disappointed that the country spent 10 weeks in a lock down and we are reopening so quickly. I did not believe in the way the lockdown was handled by the government because it seemed like a short term solution. I expected that cases and deaths would increase when people were let out again. It is still too early to evaluate. I think we will need at least a year to see what happens and for Covid to get under control. In the meantime, I am following all safety precautions and using a harm reduction approach.

I am sad to see the resurgence of Covid as the nation is reopening but I am not surprised. I certainly understand the need to reopen as nearly everyone is suffering in some way from the lockdown (financially, mentally, physically, etc) and it is hurting the economically vulnerable the most. The country is experiencing quarantine fatigue and the lockdown seems to be back firing. I was never in favor of a complete shutdown for this reason and I thought the USA should have followed a harm reduction approach from the beginning.

I am sure my viewpoint is confusing because I think the shutdown in March was too draconian and now I think the reopening is too fast. I would have preferred a more long term sustainable and targeted approach, something that people could have implemented long term. Not a total lockdown followed by a quick reopening. I am also disappointed that we are all not on the same page about following the safety guidelines. Whether you agree or not, it is the least you can do to try to get us out of the covid spread. I am sad that masks have become a divisive issue.