• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Saving EEE points with ePlus

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here's the quick run down:

I have a small number of points (less than 200) that are going to expire in EEE very soon. I'm thinking about booking something as far out as I can in interval for 260 points (the minimum), with zero intention of actually using the place, but I don't want to tie up more points. I'm actually OK with the points expiring, if I needed to use more than just the points for a 260 point reservation.

Then as I get additional Hyatt points become available, I can snag something better in open inventory with interval by using ePlus. I know for other systems, you wouldn't ever want to make the original booking because your trade power is based off of the current exchange that you have in ePlus, but since Hyatt is a points system in Interval, I don't think it would affect my ability to trade with ePlus. I would only need to come up with the additional points for the new trade.

Is that correct? Thanks!

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have other points available to get to the 260 before your points expire in EEE?

You should be able to create a booking two years out, purchase eplus, and wait for a new trade. I assume there are plenty of 260 point studio units out there. I have never looked.

When you do your eplus retrade you would need points available if the retrade was more than 260 points.

To me the biggest thing would be to make the booking two years out.

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have other points available to get to the 260 before your points expire in EEE?

You should be able to create a booking two years out, purchase eplus, and wait for a new trade. I assume there are plenty of 260 point studio units out there. I have never looked.

When you do your eplus retrade you would need points available if the retrade was more than 260 points.

To me the biggest thing would be to make the booking two years out.
Thanks. I've got a few points to spare after getting to 260, but don't want to commit any more than that.

It shouldn't affect re-trades even if I get a stinker of a studio, right?

DAman

TUG Member
Reaction score
It should not because you are using points. If you play this out right you will stretch these points out three more years....Good job.

Islnd

TUG Member
Reaction score
On the same line of questions .... I will have 110 points left in interval international after booking what I just found.
Since at II there are no rooms for 110 points will I just lose these points? How can I find a way not to lose them altogether?

travelhacker

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
On the same line of questions .... I will have 110 points left in interval international after booking what I just found.
Since at II there are no rooms for 110 points will I just lose these points? How can I find a way not to lose them altogether?
When do the points expire? Do you have any additional points in Hyatt?

If you have a while before they expire, then I'd put in an ongoing request in interval for something that you'd like. If that doesn't work out, you can use the strategy I outlined above. The only issue is if you won't get any new points before the 110 points expire.