• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Sapphire resorts

Jchristman92

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen resorts and sapphire resorts
I bought a sapphire resorts timeshare 11,000 points a year which they said that it equates to 2 weeks of staying at a resort when they sold it to me but when I called today the guy on the phone made it sound like I'd be lucky to get a week. Me and my wife travel once a year and we have 1 day left to cancel. They don't set me up with an account until 2 weeks after purchase which is obviously after the return period so I can't look for myself and its $650 a year in maintenence fees and I paid $6000 for the timeshare. My question is, does anyone have a timeshare through them, should I cancel or are they a good deal? They also threw a 7 day cruise into the deal which is worth something. Any help would be appreciated.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind immediately.
Salesmen will tell you whatever it takes to make the sale. It might be worth two weeks in the smallest size unit during a season when no one wants to travel at one resort in their portfolio. With your phone call you learned you don't know enough to commit to this purchase. Do not hesitate. You can get that deal any day of the week, but you can only rescind once. Don't miss your opportunity to get out.

Then come back, ask questions, read, read, read, and become educated on the good programs that do exist.

Ignore the cruise. It sounds good, but it will be hard to book, only certain dates will qualify, etc.

Last edited:

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)
Agree with HudsHut, rescind immediately!! Follow the rescind instructions in your info package to the letter! Make sure any party who signed the purchase also signs the rescind letter. You overpaid for something almost useless. After you get the rescind letter in the mail (with proof of mailing receipt) take the time to read all through the info on these forums as well as the advice on the website and learn how to get a cheap or free timeshare with a company that suits you and your family's vacation needs. We can stay at the same resort, in the same or larger size unit on the same week with our free timeshare as the folks who paid many thousands for theirs buying from a sales presentation.

~Diane

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
grats on saving 6000 bucks!

Jchristman92

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen resorts and sapphire resorts
Agree with HudsHut, rescind immediately!! Follow the rescind instructions in your info package to the letter! Make sure any party who signed the purchase also signs the rescind letter. You overpaid for something almost useless. After you get the rescind letter in the mail (with proof of mailing receipt) take the time to read all through the info on these forums as well as the advice on the website and learn how to get a cheap or free timeshare with a company that suits you and your family's vacation needs. We can stay at the same resort, in the same or larger size unit on the same week with our free timeshare as the folks who paid many thousands for theirs from a sales presentation.

~Diane
Thanks guys, we decided to cancel becuase of the good points made. The cruise we plan in just paying for and will get it decently cheap anyways since it won't be till January of 2024 and far enough out. Does anyone have a recommended company to go through and you mentioned you got free, where did you get that from? Also are timeshares a good investment even with the maintenence fees?

Patri

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I’m glad you investigated this so quickly. Get out.

montygz

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks guys, we decided to cancel becuase of the good points made. The cruise we plan in just paying for and will get it decently cheap anyways since it won't be till January of 2024 and far enough out. Does anyone have a recommended company to go through and you mentioned you got free, where did you get that from? Also are timeshares a good investment even with the maintenence fees?
Timeshares are not an investment, they are a luxury liability.
However, there are many great resorts that offer units much better than a tiny hotel room. And you can get good value out of them if you learn how to use them.
However, the industry has many pitfalls and traps designed to extract money from the unaware. This is an industry built by high-pressure sales.
If you are interested in timeshares, I suggest you rent some stays in the various systems and learn about the industry and how it works before you commit to buying something. This forum is a great resource to do that.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Where (what state or region) do you live? That often is a starting point for helping you determine which timeshare systems to investigate. There are many good systems, but you must learn the rules and use them to your advantage.

moonstone

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The Beach Club at St. Augustine Beach, FL (1 floating week, purchased in 1982)

77,000 RCI points (Sunrise Ridge Resort, TN)

We got ours from an elderly couple we met by a pool at a Kissimmee resort about 10 or more years ago. They said their advancing age and declining health was making it more difficult to travel. They had no children and none of their other family members wanted it. They already knew it was basically worthless and nearly impossible to sell. They even paid the transfer fees as a thanks for us taking it off their hands. It is a 77K RCI Points pkg based on a July week in a 2 bedroom unit in TN. We have never stayed there but use those points to take 3-5 vacations (all 7-13 nights long) at other resorts at other times.

Timeshares are only an investment in your future vacations. Ours (we also have a week) have enabled us and our kids to stay in more spacious and luxurious accommodations than we could have without them. Who wants to spend a week or more in a hotel room (especially with kids) when for the same or far less you can stay in a 1 or 2 (or more) bedroom condo?

~Diane

MikeGio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
GeoPremier
We bought into GeoPremier back in 1988 when there were many properties (St Martin Guana Bay, Imperial Lakes – Florida, Lake Tahoe, Geopremire Quebec, Jockey Club Vegas and perhaps more if I recall). Over the last 25 years we had many great trips and lovely memories. We never upgraded to the GeoHoliday point system so we are supposed to get a 2 bedroom in any week at any of the GeoPremier resorts. Our Agreement states that GeoPremier planned to grow the list of Resorts adding to our choice of inventory.

At some point Saphire took over and now our resort list has dwindled to just Club Geo in Quebec. Fees have not dropped even though several resorts have disappeared.

Our dues are all up to date, but we are at a point where we can never seem to get any space when we call and exchanges to RCI do not result in enough buying power for us to get a comparable unit, so we are considering getting out and are curious about who else has dealt with Saphire and what their success rate is in giving back the unit(s).

Marvel357

Reaction score
We bought into GeoPremier back in 1988 when there were many properties (St Martin Guana Bay, Imperial Lakes – Florida, Lake Tahoe, Geopremire Quebec, Jockey Club Vegas and perhaps more if I recall). Over the last 25 years we had many great trips and lovely memories. We never upgraded to the GeoHoliday point system so we are supposed to get a 2 bedroom in any week at any of the GeoPremier resorts. Our Agreement states that GeoPremier planned to grow the list of Resorts adding to our choice of inventory.

At some point Saphire took over and now our resort list has dwindled to just Club Geo in Quebec. Fees have not dropped even though several resorts have disappeared.

Our dues are all up to date, but we are at a point where we can never seem to get any space when we call and exchanges to RCI do not result in enough buying power for us to get a comparable unit, so we are considering getting out and are curious about who else has dealt with Saphire and what their success rate is in giving back the unit(s).
Have you found out anything on giving back the unit?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
After you have rescinded, if you are still interested, lots of various point values Sapphire Resorts are given away for free with no closing costs, no transfer fees and free 2023 use.

Last edited: