• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Santorini

"Roger"

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Venice, Hawaii, Santorini ...

Santorini has been 90% dependent upon tourism, but with that came lots of negatives. So far, with the ban on tourists, they have had no cases of coVid-19, but obviously need the income. At the same time, much of the charm of the island has returned without the hoards of people. As Santorini gets ready to reopen, they are struggling with what can be done to bring back some of the tourists, but without the negatives that to with it.

I could post an almost identical article on Venice as the one that I posted below and Hawaii is struggling with the same issues (as the posts ad naseum on that part of the the TUG board indicate).

CalGalTraveler

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Love Santorini. We visited about 30 years ago. It is on my list to return someday. It is one of those places that I wished we had spent more time. Biggest regret was not splurging on a place with a cliff view. With Covid and long trip from Calif. we will have to wait a while.

Last edited:

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We love Santorini but once was enough for us. I am terribly afraid of heights and walking through Santorini was very stressful on my brain.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Santorini is a beautiful place to take many memory photos on a cruise. It is picture perfect.

Conan

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed in a crater view hotel called Sun Rocks in 2004 when prices were reasonable.
C28F9F5A-807A-4538-8103-9A8EF2D64ACC.jpeg

Somehow we learned they were having a contest in 2011–submit a photo of a previous stay and the entry that gets the most Facebook votes wins a free weekend in the honeymoon suite. We won and they let us book it to match up with a timeshare stay we had pending in Crete. (And we paid for a third night at Sun Rocks in a standard room—the honeymoon suite would have been crazy expensive.)

I think that’s the only contest we’ve ever won.

P.S. Santorini has good public bus service from the cliff towns to the southern coast beaches
P.P.S. Crete is wonderful if you’re OK driving there. And there’s easy ferry service between Crete and Santorini.

Last edited:

SonAntemOwner

Reaction score
Love Santorini. We visited about 30 years ago. It is on my list to return someday. It is one of those places that I wished we had spent more time. Biggest regret was not splurging on a place with a cliff view. With Covid and long trip from Calif. we will have to wait a while.

Just watch out for the days with many cruise ships - I love Santorini too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

rhonda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark, DVC, Grand Pacific Palisades // Gone: Warner Springs Ranch, Seapointer (SA), WinPointVIP (?)
We were on the last ship of Santorini's season last Dec. At least 6 tenders (the smaller vessels that ferry guests between ship & shore) gave us a lovely sendoff of long horn blasts, fireworks, lights flashing, etc. The 'party' ran for ~30 minutes and was seriously heart tugging. So beautiful.

We could also see lights being flashed from shore and, depending on the wind, hear voices bidding us farewell and safe journey. Till we meet again!

SonAntemOwner

Reaction score
Santorini Port Farewell Fireworks and tender boats

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

gresmi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Santorini is great! We stayed in one of the cave houses on the cliffs overlooking the caldera up in Oia. Fantastic, if just a tad bit spartan.

Talent312

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
I remember fondly doing at Selene, one of Europe's best, featuring local cuisine.